You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

YipeeYapee Post about HU

Comments

• edited January 2010
    There isn't a whole lot wrong with hit n running, it just leaves the other player really frustrated, especially if he thinks he has an edge, some players think it's a good way to bankroll build, as maybe it prevents the other player from being given sufficient time to work out your game.
    I'd like to call jakally out, stating in his opinion i hit n run. Lets remember we played for like an hour, at 0.5/1, 2 tables, and then I said ok lets play higher, so we did, I felt it was to insane even for me, as I definetly don't have the bankroll for 5/10 hu plo. On top of that, jakally just nitted it up to the max, presumably the stakes were to high for him aswell. I don't think it can be called a hit n run when you play for longer than an hour, and when you leave with 7bb profit.
    gl on the tables, j
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU:
    There isn't a whole lot wrong with hit n running, it just leaves the other player really frustrated, especially if he thinks he has an edge, some players think it's a good way to bankroll build, as maybe it prevents the other player from being given sufficient time to work out your game. I'd like to call jakally out, stating in his opinion i hit n run. Lets remember we played for like an hour, at 0.5/1, 2 tables, and then I said ok lets play higher, so we did, I felt it was to insane even for me, as I definetly don't have the bankroll for 5/10 hu plo. On top of that, jakally just nitted it up to the max, presumably the stakes were to high for him aswell. I don't think it can be called a hit n run when you play for longer than an hour, and when you leave with 7bb profit. gl on the tables, j
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    Yippee, I got no problem with you, you know that.

But just LOL at stakes too high.
    And how can you tell I nitted it up when you quit £5/£10 after 13 hands with your £82 profit.

• edited January 2010
    Good Afternoon

Yes it is true that I have been victim of YipeeYapee's hitting and running. Let me make one thing absolutely clear hitting and running IS bad poker etiquette. It is an unwritten rule of the game that you do not quit a heads up match whilst winning big without either giving notice of when you are going to leave or giving your opponent the opportunity to play further. I would also like to clarify that I did not "trash talk" him nor am I part of some grand consipiracy against him in which he states the heads up regs. are conspiring by getting him to play heads up against multiple oppenents and thus putting him off his game. I am not gulity of these charges and after all this is a kangaroo court and I refuse to plead before it. I consider both accusations to be highly slanderous and I kindly request a retraction from him. Also Yippe I am more than willing to play you heads up for any stakes only with the condition that you do not quit before an agreed time or number of hands.

Regards

Brownnndog
  • edited January 2010
    so hes a hit n runner, if it bothers anyone that much DONT PLAY HIM
  • edited January 2010
    Good Afternoon Yes it is true that I have been victim of YipeeYapee's hitting and running. Let me make one thing absolutely clear hitting and running IS bad poker etiquette. It is an unwritten rule of the game that you do not quit a heads up match whilst winning big without either giving notice of when you are going to leave or giving your opponent the opportunity to play further. I would also like to clarify that I did not "trash talk" him nor am I part of some grand consipiracy against him in which he states the heads up regs. are conspiring by getting him to play heads up against multiple oppenents and thus putting him off his game. I am not gulity of these charges and after all this is a kangaroo court and I refuse to plead before it. I consider both accusations to be highly slanderous and I kindly request a retraction from him. Also Yippe I am more than willing to play you heads up for any stakes only with the condition that you do not quit before an agreed time or number of hands. Regards Brownnndog
    Posted by BrownnDog

You consider both accusations to be slanderous - this is wrong in law as slander relates to the spoken word, i believe you would be better going down the libel (the written word) route, i hope this helps
  • edited January 2010
    please tell me why hit and running is bad?? Surely it is just playing but for a shorter time than you would like? If they sucked out to double up and ran then there will be others who wont be so lucky. If you made a mistake then surely it was your own fault? It just seems like hit and running frustrates people because they have lost money and instantly want to get it back, can losers hit and run? say they lose a buy in and leave why is that not hit and running? Is it you are wanting to play for a long period of time or is that you just want money and any loss of money frustrates you into venting on the player that has left happily with his winnings?

this is not directed at anyone but i just dont understand how it is bad etiquette to hit and run.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

yipee if you have made money and then left the table wp mate i always end up losing it

so to get up and walk away ahead good for you

every1 can get up and leave whenever they want to

i want to try getting into the cash games as they seem fun so ill play you anytime you want to wont be big stacks  as im fairly new to this

as for the regulars on this site i would like to play the big rollers at cash and hopefully learn some things but i don't have the skills or bankroll to keep up with you would any of you be interested in lower stacks to help a fellow player out
  • edited January 2010
    sure m8, if you want we can play like a 5pence / 10pence table, just message me or write on here, and arrange a time,
    p.s. if you win you have to cover it up and pretend you lost massive, thats the only stipulation
  • edited January 2010
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but feel the need to set the record straight.  Yippee I have never once slated you to anyone on this site just merely warning people you play to be careful.   Playing HU enables me to pick and choose who I want to play with... On 3 occasions you have decided to leave after winning a buyin or 2 off me in a short period of time.  I haven't got a problem with you doing this, all I ask is you don't sit down at my game wanting to play ( that's the annoying bit ) cause i'm not interested....

Like I said it's nothing personal just my choice and please respect that. What you do is up to you...

GB
  • edited January 2010
    the regs dont like "clever" shortstackers/hitnrunners just the stupid donky ones

please bear this in mind in the future before upsetting the precious ones

thanks
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : lol at the hit n run crybabies...im guessing that a player that "does not" hit n run because of the "etiquette" pressures  and 2 minutes later runs kings into aces and busts his whole roll   "gets his money back off the opponents"???  of course he doesnt,and he's only got himself to blame for not protecting HIS OWN WINNINGS.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    LONGPLAY, with all due respect, you know nothing of the code of ettiquette when theres any kind of money involved so plz dont comment on it or argue about it with those that do. Im sure others in the thread have said the same thing, but ur the first i seen so u get quoted.

As for not playing sparce and kegsy, that seems weird, sparce is a beast, but i've played a bit with kegsy and he's not really that good, certainly not good enough to be grouped in with sparce et al.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : LONGPLAY, with all due respect, you know nothing of the code of ettiquette when theres any kind of money involved so plz dont comment on it or argue about it with those that do. Im sure others in the thread have said the same thing, but ur the first i seen so u get quoted. As for not playing sparce and kegsy, that seems weird, sparce is a beast, but i've played a bit with kegsy and he's not really that good, certainly not good enough to be grouped in with sparce et al.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    thanks sweetie,the chances of me not commenting on this matter on your say so are akin to elvis returning,plenty of msn messenger action on higher tables too making your ettiquette ramblings look a bigger joke than ever,feel free to idolise these players though..they've got you fooled for sure.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi

We've had to delete a few posts from this thread as they were against the community house rules. Please help to keep this forum a friendly place by refraining from writing insulting posts.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • edited January 2010

Are these hands life ownage or just me being mental, feel free to specualte as to the other player, can you tell i'm bored because nobody to play right now!!!

• edited January 2010
    YipeeYapee, as you are one of the picks on TotalPlayer, as some stage you are going to be relying on support from all the people on this site for the vote off.

I don't feel as though you are doing yourself any favours with your actions on this thread.

Maybe something to consider?
  • edited January 2010
    Was loving the argument in this thread was value for entertainment, It was like when you were at school and you would say "Well my dads bigger than yours". Come on guys chill out, its only a bit of fun.
  • edited January 2010
    Was loving the argument in this thread was value for entertainment, It was like when you were at school and you would say "Well my dads bigger than yours". Come on guys chill out, its only a bit of fun.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    yeah, I kept having to check the posts this morning coz I knew for sure they would be deleted when the mods saw them. 

definitely entertaining though
  • edited January 2010
    Hi We've had to delete a few posts from this thread as they were against the community house rules. Please help to keep this forum a friendly place by refraining from writing insulting posts. Thanks, Steve
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    Then I want his first reply deleted aswel

If he hadn't been sarky with me in the first place then I wouldn't have had to crush his soul...

so, yeah, fairs fair.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : Then I want his first reply deleted aswel If he hadn't been sarky with me in the first place then I wouldn't have had to crush his soul... so, yeah, fairs fair.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    LMAO!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : Then I want his first reply deleted aswel If he hadn't been sarky with me in the first place then I wouldn't have had to crush his soul... so, yeah, fairs fair.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    every forum should have a character like ladyfingrs,

in my opinion,

its great entertainment to read his posts ,

am i sick lol ?

pmsl only thing is you got to read them before the mods delete them ,

p.s can you inform me of the time ,

you are going to crush your next soul,

so i don't miss it .
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to YipeeYapee Post about HU:
    To Glitterbabe, Gerarrd, Sharksbite, BrownnDog and any other regulars, with the exception of Sparce and Kegsy, I am happy to play any of you. I have great respect for Sparce and Kegsy's game and choose not to play them right now at nl holdem, maybe in the future as I improve i will take shots. Firstly I want to clarify, if I have ever left the table, it is not a personal attack on you, and it is not the end of the world. I simply may need a break, it may be the phone or the door. And I am online everyday, there wil be other times to play me. Secondly, I don't berate you in the chat throughout sessions, like XXXX did to me today, that is unprofessional and I don't have time for it. Thirdly, I will play all of you, but when you conspire to play me when I am playing 2 different opponents already and you think I will suddenly play multiple hu tables against multiple opponents, following your discussions, that's like the 'everybody's got it in for yipeeyapee club' it's not cool and it's not going to happen. So don't complain when i sit out at these times. Once again I'm sorry if I've upset anyone, take it easy J     EDIT SKY_RICH
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    Play me please its Keysa thanks
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : every forum should have a character like ladyfingrs, in my opinion, its great entertainment to read his posts , am i sick lol ? pmsl only thing is you got to read them before the mods delete them , p.s can you inform me of the time , you are going to crush your next soul, so i don't miss it .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Haha. Yeah it was class.
  • edited January 2010
    so hes a hit n runner, if it bothers anyone that much DONT PLAY HIM
    Posted by N1CK
    WITHOUT DOUBT THE MOST SENSIBLE COMMENT YET!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : WITHOUT DOUBT THE MOST SENSIBLE COMMENT YET!
    Posted by Scrotum
    Without doubt the funniest screen name in this thread LOL!
  • edited January 2010
    I've occasionally been called a hit & runner.  The truth is I am not comfortable playing deep stack as I am inexperienced.  I feel I have a good grasp of odds / implied odds for hands of 50-100 big blinds.  I usually play multi-table but if I get over 150 bb I will come off a table and sit at another - anyone see anything wrong with this? - anyone who has lost chips to me can sit at any of the (normally 3) boards I am playing and try win em back.  I play low stakes 2p/4p up to 10p/20p and always buy in for 100 - I dont see any need for a deeper stack as there is very rarely 3 betting preflop at the low stakes so 100 is plenty and like I say I feel I know how to play hands with about 75-150 blinds in my stack but not so good above or below.

Am I doing anything wrong?
  • edited January 2010
    Instead of trying to get webby unbanned you should all start a petition for my posts to be exempt from removal.
  • edited January 2010
    scrotum! lol at the name, anyway, it's good to play like that, there is no reason to play out your comfort zone, simply move to a new table, and tell the player you are there now,
  • edited January 2010
    how the h e l l do you get away with a name like scrotum! when i can't even type h e l l into this forum :)

Well done sir - Please play some televised tournies so i can see orford or LML have to read your name out !
  • edited January 2010
    how the h e l l do you get away with a name like scrotum! when i can't even type h e l l into this forum :) Well done sir - Please play some televised tournies so i can see orford or LML have to read your name out !
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    +1

btw i did chuckle at trevor harris showing my hand review on sunday nights primo!!!

oh and my favourite username ive seen is 1fishytwat. im not sure how they got away with that name either?
  • edited January 2010
    I beleive that name was tlaked about earlier in the week and sky have now changed it