You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monitors for multitabling.....Help please!

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all. 
Looking for some advice from you nice knowledgable people. I currently 4 table on a weeny 17" monitor, but am about to upgrade. I'd like to ideally fit 8 tables on my screen but not sure how big of a monitor I would need to get. Any ideas? Been looking at the 22" to 24" monitors, would they be any good for this?
Would love to have dual screens but I guess that would be out of my price range (Up to £100). 
I'd also like to hear about what kind of set ups everybody else on here has out of interest.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Timmy712

Comments

• edited December 2014

machka?  machka?   hey, aaron!

• edited December 2014
    Bit out of date old dl,but should help.

See HERE

Basically if your talking 8 mini view no over lap a 1080p monitor size what you can afford.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Monitors for multitabling.....Help please!:
    machka?  machka?   hey, aaron!  
    Posted by aussie09
    What?  I'm in hibernation.

Timmy712, basically what belsibub said.  Any monitor that is 1080p (1920 x 1080) which is pretty much most of them these days will do the job.  I use a 23" monitor myself but anything this size or bigger would be perfect.

It will look like this (click to see it now).

• edited December 2014
    Hi Timmy, 

There are 2 main things to consider for you - the screen resolution, and the screen size.

-Resolution effects how many tables you can fit on the screen.

-screen size effects how big the tables will appear (assuming the same resolution).

so for example, if you had a 2" monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution, you would be able to fit around 12 tables on there, but obviously wouldnt be able to see them very well :) ... or if you had a 50" monitor with a 640 x 480 resolution, u'll probably fit 2 tables on there, but they will be preeetty big.

for reference, my macbook screen is 1920 x 1200, and is 17". I can fit 12 tables without any overlap, and everything is big enough for me to see, although some with worse eyesight might have some problems.

a perfect size would probably be around 22" with 1920 x 1200+ resolution imo. Much bigger and you'll have to start turning your head to see windows at each side of the screen... maybe that just shows how lazy I am...

anyway, hope that was helpful
  • edited December 2014
    Actually running more monitors is not a problem the graphic cards capable of doing this are not dear. The monitors can be . At the moment I run a 23" and a 40" monitor, I used to run 3, but I have the capability to run 4.
  • edited December 2014
    Why even bother with a monitor? My computers linked to a 42in flat screen sony tv......
  • edited December 2014
    Belsibub, Machka, ChicknMelt, and Sir Gary. Thanks very much for your detailed replies! Very appreciative of all the information, only just managed to log on and read them all. Didn't realise the screen resolution would be so important, I'll keep that in mind when choosing. I guess this is what sets Sky Poker aside from other sites, everybody is willing to help each other and there is a great commuinity spirit.
    Good luck to you all at the tables. Hope to play some of you. Happy Xmas!