You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Even bad players get lucky

Have to post this just because it has been just about the best coupleof days i have ever had in poker.

Background: Extremely low bankroll so never get to play in anything big.Usually between £20-£30.

Started off sitting down on a cash table. 2p/4p.First hand get 98o playing Hu against a limping sb. flop  993 turn 9 river j. It all goes in on the river and he turns over aces.

Later switch to PLO cash. In quite a biggish pot. When i hit one over several nut draws i had and then saw the weirdest bluff ever. Pot was about £3-70 and my opponent bet £3-20 into it and then folded when i raised it to £3-50. But nice chunk of profit.

So today decided to treat myself to a tourny, bearing in mind this is my weakest form of the game. Somehow managed to survive to final table with a short stack. And then with some luck and judicious shoving managed to bink it. 

So current bankroll is about 6 times what it normally is. Now i know i will donk a lot of it off and this run wont last but has been such fun having it. These little bursts make it all worthwhile

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Even bad players get lucky:
     Have to post this just because it has been just about the best coupleof days i have ever had in poker.  Background: Extremely low bankroll so never get to play in anything big.Usually between £20-£30.  Started off sitting down on a cash table. 2p/4p.First hand get 98o playing Hu against a limping sb. flop  993 turn 9 river j. It all goes in on the river and he turns over aces.  Later switch to PLO cash. In quite a biggish pot. When i hit one over several nut draws i had and then saw the weirdest bluff ever. Pot was about £3-70 and my opponent bet £3-20 into it and then folded when i raised it to £3-50. But nice chunk of profit.  So today decided to treat myself to a tourny, bearing in mind this is my weakest form of the game. Somehow managed to survive to final table with a short stack. And then with some luck and judicious shoving managed to bink it.   So current bankroll is about 6 times what it normally is. Now i know i will donk a lot of it off and this run wont last but has been such fun having it. These little bursts make it all worthwhile
    Posted by Talon
    Nice one Talon
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Even bad players get lucky:
     Have to post this just because it has been just about the best coupleof days i have ever had in poker.  Background: Extremely low bankroll so never get to play in anything big.Usually between £20-£30.  Started off sitting down on a cash table. 2p/4p.First hand get 98o playing Hu against a limping sb. flop  993 turn 9 river j. It all goes in on the river and he turns over aces.  Later switch to PLO cash. In quite a biggish pot. When i hit one over several nut draws i had and then saw the weirdest bluff ever. Pot was about £3-70 and my opponent bet £3-20 into it and then folded when i raised it to £3-50. But nice chunk of profit.  So today decided to treat myself to a tourny, bearing in mind this is my weakest form of the game. Somehow managed to survive to final table with a short stack. And then with some luck and judicious shoving managed to bink it.   So current bankroll is about 6 times what it normally is. Now i know i will donk a lot of it off and this run wont last but has been such fun having it. These little bursts make it all worthwhile
    Posted by Talon
    Incredible.

That Tourney had 94 runners, & you won over £90.

Thoroughly deserved, many congrats.