You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PDC World Championships.

edited January 2015 in Betting Chat

Another one of the best televised sporting events of the year :)

Anyone have any thoughts?

A brief look at the outright win market has resulted in me picking 3 out.

Terry Jenkins 125/1 ********************

Kim Huybrechts @ 66/1 

Jelle Klassen @ 380/1

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I'm not saying he's going to win, but when I saw the draw, my initial thoughts were that Taylor had a soft route to the semis. And that the bottom quarter was a nightmare, with Barney, Wade, Bunting AND Lewis in it. 
  • edited December 2014

Great sporting event, love this tournament, but never really felt its a great event to bet on in the outright market.

Plenty of value to be found in match betting mind you.

Having a quick  look through the odds and the draw, I might have a dabble on Mervyn King at 66/1, if he gets through the early rounds it looks like he would be up against Taylor in the quarters.

I always felt Klaasen would find his 'way back' and looks like he's had a decent season year this year.

But looking at the draw, Klaasen has an opening match against my wildcard fancy, who is Christian Kiss.

That tough draw may just suit Jackpot Lewis, as he's seems  to thrive on the big games, looks to becoming back to form and has proven he can peak for this event.

So if you insist captain, I'll be on...

Adrian Lewis - 12/1
    Mervyn King - 66/1
    Christian Kist - 300/1

• edited December 2014
    MVG.  - Banker 
  • edited December 2014
    wont be betting outright market,i'll be sticking to match betting,but I do think this could be Anderson's year,would like to see Anderson lewis final coz they always have great game's v each other and would be a great final to watch.i'll put up my day's bets on this thread when starts
  • edited December 2014
    k.brown most 180s £100@4/7

j.klaasen most 180s on night £20@4-1

brown to win 3-1
    klaasen to win 3-2
    £10 win double@16.5-1
  • edited December 2014
    I don't bet anymore but I really fancy C Kist to beat Klassen

Its Evs with Stan James and could prove some bet with the way hes been playing of late.. 
  • edited December 2014
    Kist to beat Klassen and Van Gerwen to win 3-0 double 10/11 and 4/7
  • edited December 2014
    As for outright honours.... Having looked closely at the draw, I've thought why try be clever,  so it's  Van Gerwen 3/1 ew. Only has (probably) Anderson to beat in the semis to guarantee at least the place part (6/4) to cop. 
  • edited December 2014
    anderson 6/1 outright but for value  barney at 50/1
  • edited December 2014
    Great offer for new customers 

£10 Taylor enhance to 9/2 and £10 free bet for every match he wins 
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    Other bet is wade each way for me
  • edited December 2014
    Glimpses of brilliance again from Klassen last night. 

To win this you've got to be capable of averaging 110+ over 9/10 legs but also be consistant around 98avg inbetween the flashes of brilliance. 

That's why I think people like Merv King and James Wade will never be World Champions, they've got the consistency without the X factor. 

Klassen just needs to play well between his hot streaks and not avg 80 for 2 sets like he normally does. 

Shame he's got Anderson next :(
  • edited December 2014
    just 1 bet for me tonight

Hamilton wright taylor kellett all to win £50 acca
  • edited December 2014
    Cheeky treble for me tonight..

Hamilton -1.5 sets
    Wright -1.5 sets
    Taylor -2.5 sets

11/4 Looks good value this bet :)
  • edited December 2014
    £40 ON TAYLOR TO WIN OUTRIGHT @ 15/8  RETURN £115 Aaaaaaagh
  • edited December 2014
    Peter Wright looks an absolute cert to me @ 8/15 -1.5 sets (Ive lumped on)

Think he'll absolutely destroy this rugby player.....also backed 3 - 0 @7/4

GL me !!
  • edited December 2014
    eefiviejrvoiwjoevijweprwvjwoifjvovj How did Klassen lose that???? :(

• edited December 2014
    Phil taylor wins this count your money now dev.
    IF I HAD TO PICK SOME1 OTHER THEN HIM IT WOULD DEFFO BE GARY ANDERSON HES PLAYING THE DARTS OF HIS LIFE
  • edited December 2014

Anyone else think Taylor comes accross really poorly in his post match interviews?

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: PDC World Championships.:
    anderson 6/1 outright but for value  barney at 50/1
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Thats looking good value now

I went for Wrightlast round _ Got him at 28/1 but you can still get 28,s at betfair now

Went for a the 2 outsiders as they,ve nothing to lose and shouldn,t be under any pressure

Found myself cheering on Taylor tonight (tthe other guy was odds on at one point) even though he plays Van door voort in nxt round who i,ve got at 100/1 for £2 - GL

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Vincent van der Voort180£2.00
    £358.00

Robert Thornton80£2.00

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: PDC World Championships.:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else think Taylor comes accross really poorly in his post match interviews?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Thought he came accross well tonight but i havent seen the earlier ones _ it was 1st time he,d played with those darts and says hes gonna improve and get better with them- Still think 7/5 is good price for him to win
  • edited January 2015
    Did ok on Barnet y the other night - Backed him at 41/1 and laid him at 4.6 when he came back from 2 down

Wasnt going to but had a punt on th BDO since ive decided to watch it although its not as goo as the PDC obv.

Spotted better odds afterwards even tho hes only 34./1 on betfair so cpuldnr refuse

This guy destroyed one of the players manythought would win it - good averae as well - just needs to practise his dbls

Razma, Madars @ 50/1
    Stake: £2.50Est. Returns: £127.50

• Bet placed, its reference is 232/476

Bet ref: 232/476

• Bet placed, its reference is 232/476

Bet ref: 232/476£3.00 Single

MarketSelectionPriceHcp
    Bdo World Championship
    Outright Betting
    Razma, Madars40/1 
    Total stake£ 3.00
    Estimated return£ 123.00
    Full stake£ 3.00
    Full estimated return£ 123.00

Then i spotted even better odds - hes only 34/1 on Betfair 

• edited January 2015
    Fancy Anderson to beat Taylor tonight but at 5/4(Sky) not worth a punt with the small amounts I bet lol
  • edited January 2015
    Anderson to beat taylor 7-3 7-4
  • edited January 2015
    1 of the strangest finals I have seen I thought Anderson had lost it when he had a no score with all 3 darts on the deck and he seemed to be havin a row with one of the audience. After that leg it was like Taylor took pity on him and his throwing deteriorated especially on the doubles.
  • edited January 2015

Bookies win again :(

Jenkins going down 4-1 to MVG

Huybrechts lost 3-2 to finalst Taylor

Klassen somehow threw away a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 to eventual champ Anderson. 

Well worth the tenner investment for that level of entertainment though. 

Well done to anyone on Anderson, have to be chuffed for him. Bring on the premier league :D