You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

888 Pull their DYMs

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Well done again 888, first they remove sharkscope without any notice and now they remove dyms except for super turbo (ie bingo) and again without notice.

This is another example of why sky are the best ...they communicate with their customers!

Good news for sky as it is bringing even more players over to sky.

Sky should promote themselves more online as Im sure they can get all the british 888 players to switch to sky now.

Ger

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Hi Ger

Use to play a few there and the 10 seater ones are so boring, takes an hour for the normal speed ones no wonder they have been pulled.

• edited December 2014

A lot of sites have removed DYMs due to them inherently easier to collude in than other games, don't know the sky view on them but that's the view of other sites.

• edited December 2014
    That's an interesting take - but collusion should be fairly easy to spot through auto-analysis of HHS and certainly to investigate and follow up if reported directly by a "victim".

Anything that gets more traffic to standard SNGs is of interest to me though.

• edited December 2014
    I have tried getting to the bottom of this gerardirl, all I can conclude is 'it is a business decision' which I think is a pretty poor statement
  • edited December 2014
    Thinking about it perhaps they pulled both s/scope and dyms because the authorities spotted something that the site hadn't itself using the information available on s/scope?
    [disclaimer - pure speculation!]
  • edited December 2014
    i'd be surprised if the two were related.

DYM's are notorious for colluision as due to the weight of ICM considerations it is so easy for two colluders to steal equity from the other players. there was a huge ring on stars that led to there being limits placed on the number of chinese accounts being allowed to sit on the same tables.

i'd imagine the cost of policing, investigating and refunding, coupled with the associated hassle made the decision for them.

• edited December 2014
    Totally agree with Matt that Dyms are the easiest game to collude in.
    But, I don't think it's a big issue on Sky. The smaller player base means that colluders get spotted quickly.
    There was blatant colluding 6 months or so by a couple of regs. Sky dealt with it straight away, banned the players and refunded those affected.

I've played a lot of Dyms on here and I think that collusion is pretty rare.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: 888 Pull their DYMs:
    i'd be surprised if the two were related. DYM's are notorious for colluision as due to the weight of ICM considerations it is so easy for two colluders to steal equity from the other players. there was a huge ring on stars that led to there being limits placed on the number of chinese accounts being allowed to sit on the same tables. i'd imagine the cost of policing, investigating and refunding, coupled with the associated hassle made the decision for them.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    nailed it!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: 888 Pull their DYMs:
    That's an interesting take - but collusion should be fairly easy to spot through auto-analysis of HHS and certainly to investigate and follow up if reported directly by a "victim". Anything that gets more traffic to standard SNGs is of interest to me though.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Unfortanely most ppl on sites dont even notice and dont,t do anthing about it anyway in my experiences. My worst thing is race leaderboards for pts etc and ppl teaming up - while the other gets some kip So hard to spot as well

Dont know how to stop it