You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Customer Services

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat

I often read post on various threads criticizing Customer Services.

I would like to throw my hat in the ring and say I have always found them most helpful anytime I have had an issue (cue someone digging this up if I whine in any subsequent posts ........;-))

Yesterday I had an issue with 4 DYM tables I had loaded, broadband was working fine (had desktop on watching Sky go etc..)
yet they kept freezing, I couldn't see cards, sometimes no action buttons, I reloaded various times even turned off the other computer, restarted my laptop etc. all to no avail. managed to cash in one LOL.

Anyway, I emailed customer services and today they replied, they credited my buy ins and gave my a free flight to Malta for my inconvenience.

Big Thumbs up Sky!!!

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Sky Customer Services:
      I often read post on various threads criticizing Customer Services. I would like to throw my hat in the ring and say I have always found them most helpful anytime I have had an issue (cue someone digging this up if I whine in any subsequent posts ........;-)) Yesterday I had an issue with 4 DYM tables I had loaded, broadband was working fine (had desktop on watching Sky go etc..) yet they kept freezing, I couldn't see cards, sometimes no action buttons, I reloaded various times even turned off the other computer, restarted my laptop etc. all to no avail. managed to cash in one LOL. Anyway, I emailed customer services and today they replied, they credited my buy ins and gave my a free flight to Malta for my inconvenience. Big Thumbs up Sky!!!
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    It's a one way ticket Hendrik.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer Services:
    In Response to Sky Customer Services : It's a one way ticket Hendrik.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

lol, knew there had to be a catch......
  • edited December 2014

Did we ever hear anything about the PLO8 invisible card phenomena? I know a few of us posted some hand IDs, but I don't recall if there was ever a reply or acknowledgement?

• edited December 2014
    Did we ever hear anything about the PLO8 invisible card phenomena? I know a few of us posted some hand IDs, but I don't recall if there was ever a reply or acknowledgement?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    A flight to Malta..  Thats a bit random..?   Is that a perk because youre a high roller and generate a lot of rake?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer Services : A flight to Malta..  Thats a bit random..?   Is that a perk because youre a high roller and generate a lot of rake?
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    I only got a one way ticket to Peking :(
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer Services : I only got a one way ticket to Peking :(
    Posted by mrsduck

:-))))
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I think its still ongoing Karen.

It happened last night, AJ just got moved to my table and raised (shock ;-)) then said he couldn't see his cards, luckily it was only the two of us (really surprising given the buy in LOL) so I just checked him down....

But it has happened to me in NHLE as well, must be a glitch when the tables change.

Sorry Jim I was only joking about the Malta flight, I was flattered you asked if I was a high roller, far from it I'm afraid, Sky won't get rich on my rake......I am purely recreational and play for fun.

Neil
  • edited December 2014
    I have experienced the missing card phenomenon before - always on a moved table - isnt just PLO8 there was another thread on the feedback area a while back.

Had a really weird new one on a PLO8 MTT a couple of nights ago.

I was just under starting stack about 1925 and I got moved to a table and my stack was showing over 7k!

Thought it might just be a 1st hand glitch - like when you get the spinning circle instead of buttons but it carried on when I got dealt cards. I rapidly check my HH in case I had misclicked and gone all-in and got lucky - unfortunately not - even more unfortunately when I checked the lobby my stack was correct.

Didnt get a playable hand and then when I was on big blind it resolved itself when putting my chips in, sadly.

Would have been a bit of an ethical dilemma that though - Dear Sky I moved tables and was given an extra 5k chips - I ended up winning £xx but feel really guilty now -please take it back and refund the other contestants.
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah, I know about the missing cards in NLH when moving tables, but it sometimes happens in PLO8 mid game, mid DYM, when obviously no table changes have happened. I don't know if that ever happens in NLH too.