You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Superbowl 2015

edited January 2015 in Betting Chat
I'm not really into American Football, nor do I profess to know all the rules etc... But having listened to some American 'experts' I started backing the Baltimore Ravens ew @ 40/1 the other week. Having looked at their run in, it seems they may sneak into the play-offs, as they face teams of similar or worse records. So I've topped my bet up this weekend, albeit @ 33/1 now. 

Anyone one here with better judgement/knowledge that can tell me if I've been led down a blind alley?? 

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I watch a lot of NFL and while Baltimore Ravens have had a good sseaon I'd be surprised if they won the Super Bowl.

I'm been a New England Patriots fan for years and think they will go close, but i'd put my money on the Green Bay Packers this season. They have been amazing in some games this season and are top of the NFC North at the moment.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Superbowl 2015:
    I watch a lot of NFL and while Baltimore Ravens have had a good sseaon I'd be surprised if they won the Super Bowl. I'm been a New England Patriots fan for years and think they will go close, but i'd put my money on the Green Bay Packers this season. They have been amazing in some games this season and are top of the NFC North at the moment.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Cheers Mr Brrrrrrrr.... I'll now take an add interest in events, including watching your picks....
  • ommomm
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Superbowl 2015 : Cheers Mr Brrrrrrrr.... I'll now take an add interest in events, including watching your picks....
    Posted by joesman1
    Have a ganders at the thread for NFL on blonde. Also TFT thread, some great info on there. green Ba Packers is a good call but not at the current price, value has gone. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Superbowl 2015 : Have a ganders at the thread for NFL on blonde. Also TFT thread, some great info on there. green Ba Packers is a good call but not at the current price, value has gone. 
    Posted by omm
    Ok cheers will do. I don't want to get over involved as I have enough vices already. Just thought I'd have a punt on what I'd heard/read about re:- Ravens. I've now got the live updates on my iPad.... Oh dear....
  • edited December 2014
    Slipped in through the back door.... Though I don't rate my chances of getting through the wild-card play-off, never mind winning the conference. 
  • edited January 2015
    Slipped in through the back door.... Though I don't rate my chances of getting through the wild-card play-off, never mind winning the conference. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Don't fret mate they won the superbowl in 2013 through the wild card route
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Superbowl 2015 : Don't fret mate they won the superbowl in 2012 through the wild card route
    Posted by vaigret
    Wow knew they'd won it, but not via the wild card... The Leeds Rhinos of American Football hopefully 
  • edited January 2015
    Live to fight another day. As I've said previously, I'm no expert, but even I could see this win was all about defence. And the fact Flacco unlike the other week, threw to his own players and not the oppo. Though he still tried 'Hollywood' passes when uneccessary late on.

From what the experts say, The Ravens head coach seems to have 'previous' on tying up Tom Brady too. So it's not a given that The Patriots will walk it next week. 
  • edited January 2015
    Thry played well, but it will be some going to get past the Patriots.
  • edited January 2015
    Live to fight another day. As I've said previously, I'm no expert, but even I could see this win was all about defence. And the fact Flacco unlike the other week, threw to his own players and not the oppo. Though he still tried 'Hollywood' passes when uneccessary late on. From what the experts say, The Ravens head coach seems to have 'previous' on tying up Tom Brady too. So it's not a given that The Patriots will walk it next week. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Again history is on your side but they won it in January 2013 and not 2012 as I said before.

In that year they went to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game and won 24-13
  • edited January 2015
    Half time and + 7... Gonna go down to the wire.... If they can somehow scrape through tonight I can guarantee a lovely profit. I'll back their opponents next week.

A losing finalist = approx 18/1 winner.. 1/2 of ave odds I've got over various times I've backed them. (ew terms  1/2 odds 1st/2nd). If they became Super Bowl winners they would be approx a 54/1 winner (36 and 18/1) and be my biggest ever ROI. 
  • edited January 2015
    Boooooo...... Why having played such a clever game, having carried the ball for the most part, did Flacco try the 'Hollywood' pass with 1m 40 secs left?? They had a 2nd down and only 5 yards to find... EVEN if he did pull if off, it left more than enough time for the Patriots to come back. Surely the play was to continue the drive up the middle, eeking out as much time as poss before 'touching down'??... From my naive/limited knowledge point of view, totally needless!!! 
  • edited January 2015
    unlucky mate looks like they lost it in the third qtr
  • edited January 2015
    Been good games this weekend, looking forward to the championship match-ups.
  • edited January 2015
    How did Green Bay give that away??
  • edited January 2015
    Was out on Sunday night and up at 5am for work this morning. Had hoped to avoid finding out the scores for both matches and watch the highights on catch up but heard the results on the way into work on the radio when they were the last item on the sports news - so hacked off.

Will watch the highlights with interest, but not the same as not knowing the outcome.

Seattle have impressed all season and I am a Patriots fan so it's all set for a great final but I gather Green Bay were winning and lost in overtime so it must have been a good match?
  • edited January 2015
    Was out on Sunday night and up at 5am for work this morning. Had hoped to avoid finding out the scores for both matches and watch the highights on catch up but heard the results on the way into work on the radio when they were the last item on the sports news - so hacked off. Will watch the highlights with interest, but not the same as not knowing the outcome. Seattle have impressed all season and I am a Patriots fan so it's all set for a great final but I gather Green Bay were winning and lost in overtime so it must have been a good match?
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    I'm sure the highlights won't give justice to how much Green Bay gave it away. Two touchdowns in front with just over two mins to go, and they never ran the clock down, and gave possession away. Allowed two touchdowns in 35 secs.
  • edited January 2015
    Have watched the highlights now - great game between the Seahawks and Packers. If Green Bay had converted one of their early drives into touchdowns rather than having to settle for two field goals, the game would have been virtually dead at half-time.

Two great teams in the final - should be an enthrallng match-up.
  • edited January 2015
    I am a Green Bay fan and sorry to say they weren't cavalier enough early on and too cavalier under pressure. The team who took chances in attack won the game and sorry to say in my eyes they deserved to win.

Just hope they can beat the bl oody Patriots now.