You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!***

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Sometimes in life, words are just not enough.
This seems somewhat appropriate.

http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2

Comments

• edited December 2014

Seasonal greetings all,

Just a week to go to Chrimbo Eve and do you hear what I hear? Yes, it’s the sound of Tikay whinging about Christmas.

Tough though, coz he’s got to do five hours with me tonight talking all things festive.

Here’s your show…

Sky Poker TV LIVE!

Thursday 18th December 2014

Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com

With Bob Scratchitt and Ebenezer Stooge

Along with special guest, Editor of Bluff Magazine Europe, Paul Seaton!

And...it’s

AWARDS NIGHT!

Paul’s one of the organisers of The British Poker Awards and on the show he’ll be giving us all the inside gossip and his tips for success in February’s glittering ceremony.

Amongst the nominees is Sky Poker for Best Site, Tikay and Sam Grafton for Poker Personality of the Year, The UKPC for Best British Tournament and Neil Channing for Best Social Media User.

The full list of categories and nominees are here:

http://www.thebritishpokerawards.com/

Vote there now and email us a screenshot of the message tahnking you for voting, and we'll stick you in the draw for the tournament prizes at the end of the night.

Meanwhile, all night we want YOUR input on who you think should win.

PLUS! Nominate YOUR OWN awards- serious, or tongue-in-cheek.

For example, Nittiest Sky Poker player, Best dressed Sky Poker player, Best newcomer of the year, Biggest bubble merchant

Etc. etc. Whatever award you want to make up!

Everyone who gets read out will go in the hat from which we’ll draw Turbo Open seats at the end of the night.

Looking forward to the show and see you at 7.

Oh, and just to help you with your nominations, it’s Orford with an ‘Or’ not ‘Aw’. Thanks.  ;-)

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!***:
    Sometimes in life, words are just not enough. This seems somewhat appropriate. http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Lol!

And yet, at the same time, jeez....
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay is up for... Best Personality?

You're kidding, right? Did they change the definition of that phrase when I wasn't looking?

Who are the other nominees - Jeremy Clarkson and Ed Milliband?
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Rich, to stop Tikay whinging about christmas,
    give him some INTERESTING concrete facts to read up on,
    why ancient Roman concrete is better than todays "rubbish concrete" ;)

#lights blue touchpaper and moves back

Ross Jarvis for "nittiest sky poker player"
    You know why (could you show it again)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!***:
    Tikay is up for... Best Personality ? You're kidding, right? Did they change the definition of that phrase when I wasn't looking? Who are the other nominees - Jeremy Clarkson and Ed Milliband?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Err, yes.

I had to read those nominations several times in case I was seeing things.

It's so bad I'm embarrassed about it, but it'd be rude to say to the Sponsors "remove my name".

Worry not, we will not be asking viewers to vote for me tonight!

• edited December 2014
    Best dressed must be slipwater and his lovely taste in shirts!
  • edited December 2014
    You could have easilly forgotton theres even a tournament running the show looks that much fun ;)
  • edited December 2014
    If we are talking about best/worst dressed then Orford has to be in the mix for his black shiny stripey shirt combo from last week & Jarvs skiing jumper from tuesdays show. 

I will let you decide which I am classing as the best & which as the worst......

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animals
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by MattBates
    I'd Challenge that actually.

But I do like em alot!!!

My Suits, Clobber & Gear etc, have been known to turn a heed or too, and some of thoses heeds have been pretty Girls, .....most are'nt lol!!

but..

Nittiest Sky Poker player - Was Gregghogg, now Rossmc

Best dressed Sky Poker player- Ahem!!

Best newcomer of the year - Sky Kirsty defo, X

Biggest bubble merchant - Maxally obviously

• edited December 2014
    Blatent Promo....

But...

Could You Wish ALL PLO8 Players GL Tonight in this.......

NEW FOSP OMAHA HiLo PLO8 LEAGUE
             Thurs 18th December Week 2

WELCOME TO THE FRIENDS OF SKY POKER OMAHA HI/LO LEAGUE
                A FUN AND FREINDLY SET OF GAMES THAT WON'T BUST THE BANK!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

JUST PLAY AND.........
                  WE WILL ADD UP THE SCORES AND POST RESULTS HERE

SO EVERY THURSDAY WE WILL TAKE ALL THE RESULTS FROM THE FOLLOWING GAMES... 

7.50pm £1.10 BUYIN
                                  8.25pm £5.50 BUYIN £100 GTD
                                  8.40pm £2.20 BUYIN F.O.S.P PL08 EXTRA

9.20pm £1.10 BUYIN         

YOU MUST PLAY AT LEAST 2 TOURNAMENTS To Qualify a Score!!

SCORING WILL BE, 1ST PLACE=1POINT 2ND=2POINTS, etc
                      Aggregate of best TWO scores, ie lowest wins!!

WEEKLY WINNER WILL WIN SKY FREE ENTRY TO ALL TOURNIES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!

TY for your Help & Efforts, in setting this up, League Manager Churchy18
    helped by Me & Scouse_red

BIG MONTHLY SKY ADDED VALUE PRIZE £33 B/HUNTER SEAT
  • edited December 2014
    PS. Me & Monkey123 went to The FIRST Ever of these Poker Awards to support Tikay.....
    ....He lost!! LOL!
  • edited December 2014
    PS. Me & Monkey123 went to The FIRST Ever of these Poker Awards to support Tikay..... ....He lost!! LOL!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Ha!

It was at some swish Hotel in Kensington if I am not mistaken, & you turned up in a pink suit.

Amiright?

;)
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by MattBates
    Aww shucks... I appreciate that is sarcasm, but I know you love them really.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!*** : Ha! It was at some swish Hotel in Kensington if I am not mistaken, & you turned up in a pink suit. Amiright? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes Mate. 'The' Pink Suit!!
    2010 I believe, it still fitted me then!!

We played a Poker Tournie afterwards & Neil's Pretty Photographer took loads of Photos of us all.
    Wonder if she still got em?

Had a Massive Drink with Nutz Poker League Owners &  Event Prize winners after as well, Good Lads!!

Cromwell Mint Hotel?? I think.

The Year after, or after that, I got free invite to the event at Fox Poker Club Opening, but Event got cancelled i believe!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!*** : Yes Mate. 'The' Pink Suit!! 2010 I believe, it still fitted me then!! We played a Poker Tournie afterwards & Neil's Pretty Photographer took loads of Photos of us all. Wonder if she still got em? Had a Massive Drink with Nutz Poker League Owners &  Event Prize winners after as well, Good Lads!! Cromwell Mint Hotel?? I think. The Year after, or after that, I got free invite to the event at Fox Poker Club Opening, but Event got cancelled i believe!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    That would be Anne Lamond, arguably the best poker photographer in the UK.
  • edited December 2014
    most attractive poker player anna fowler for the number of people chasing her on them master cash.

fish of the year mr richard orford of course

finally record breaking antient TK who at a very old age is still able to see his cards with those eyes. Keep eating those carrots
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!*** : That would be Anne Lamond, arguably the best poker photographer in the UK.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yup, met her again at SPT Stratford, few years after, & Poker in The Park

At those first awards, Me & Barry took loads of Photos with her, on her Camera too, we were having a rite Laff, she good girl!

We got some great shots, you will have to ask her if she remembers, French Girl i think?
  • edited December 2014
    PS.

Forum 'Prince' of The Year Award.....

I cannot say it, let alone spell it......

PMSL!
  • edited December 2014
    Richard, are you sure you've got the best photo of Mr Seaton?

If you put "Paul Seaton" into google and look for images, the first one of those is far superior to the one you're using.

Can you ask Paul whether he thinks North Atlantic cod stocks are sustainable at the current level of fishing? Clearly his is an influential voice in the industry.

Have a great show chaps.

(I'm sure you'll get the joke...)
  • edited December 2014
    Sometimes in life, words are just not enough. This seems somewhat appropriate. http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Spot on love it!!!!

POKEY2011

CHRIS

• edited December 2014
    "Shortest Award " or "Ooompah Loompah
    of the year

Goes to the one and only "MattBates" 6 years in succession now for winning this, but at least this year he can now lift himself unaided into his highchair at DTD for the UKPC ME.

LOL

Chris

POKEY2011
  • edited December 2014
    The shortest player at SkyPoker did refer to me in the chat box recently as
    "the luckiest player at SkyPoker"
    pot kettle black! 

• edited December 2014
    "Coffin Dodger" of the year award

Goes to the one and only "Tikay" just as you hear him gasp, croak or cough.. (for the last time....), he continues to surprise us all and we see him from month to month on the c861 sky poker show.

CHRIS
    POKEY2011
    Bristol Funeral Parlours

• edited December 2014

And for the award for the most publicised and fanatically devoted tournament.

The winner is rainman397 for the 2-20 at 2-20
  • edited December 2014
    Food critic of the year - Macacgirl1
  • edited December 2014
    SKY POKER AWARDS OF THE YEAR!!!!

Best Presenter - Richard Orford

Greatest Concrete Expert - Tikay

Easiest on the Eye Presenter - Anna Fowler

Best Analyst Over 6'4" - Stuart Rutter

Best Analyst Over 6'8" - Karl Marigold

Best Guest - Jamie Sykes

Biggest Luckbox - Yoyo, Macmonster

Smallest Luckbox - Mattbates

Best Dressed Player - HitmanRV

Best Support to TV Shows - Aussie09

Best Stalker of Anna Fowler - CraigCU12

Best Player on Monday Night DTD - bbmike

Best Newcomer - ballboy

Worst Jumper on SKY TV - Ross Jarvis

Best Gone Missing - Redmond Lee, Carlo Citrone, Sarah Champion

Best Entries to Competitions - 67Buoys, Phantom66,

Most Difficult Opponent - Bighawk89

Best Supporters of SKY Poker - HitmanRV, Chickenmelt, Aussie09, Solarcarro

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Tikay and special guest Paul Seaton ***awards night!***:
    Best Stalker of Anna Fowler - CraigCU12
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    If this award doesn't belong to BorinLoner, I'll accept Jen Mason's desire for a date.
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford Sir Tikay and Mr Seaton.
    My NOMINATION  FOR BEST CONTRIBUTOR TO THE FORUM AUSSIE09.
    MOST HELPFUL PERSON ON THE FORUM  SCOUSERED.

Mr Seaton i would consider it a great honour if you could spare the time to play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.

All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    hand request from tonights main event

on the flop i thought he's unlikely to be holding a decent hand considering the fact he calls, but then again i saw a frequent number of people playing the passive route with monsters in a Bounty hunter i played earlier making me wonder could he be yet another of those who is doing it.

Q as my chipstack is smaller than the opponents is it better to take the free card and take the chance of a bluff on the river where i'm just as likely to see those weaker pairs fold but also can preserve some chips just incase he is trapping?

• edited December 2014
    I think I'd nominate "Chat box poster of the year" and it would have to be Tikay's mate Macacgirl1 for several hundred food-related chats.

And I think it's worth repeating one of my limericks from last Tuesday's show:

Tikay's got quite a style of his own
    As his fashion sense often has shown
    With a burgundy jacket
    That once cost a packet
    When Victoria was on the throne!