You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was my thinking for calling here ok?

edited December 2014 in The Poker Clinic
£5 dym... bubble

I'm thinking this could be my best/only chance of cashing here, hence my call.
i put player x on the exact hand ie; AK aq
ok i won this time but is this too loose or are these the kind of spots we have to go with sometimes?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GeeSBeeSmall blind 75.0075.004580.00
QPR21Big blind 150.00225.004300.00
 Your hole cards

xAll-in 1040.001265.000.00
devonfish5Call 1040.002305.00815.00
GeeSBeeFold    
QPR21Fold    
xShow
  • A
  • K

devonfish5Show

Flop

Turn

River

devonfish5WinStraight to the 102305.00 3120.00

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to was my thinking for calling here ok?:
    £5 dym... bubble I'm thinking this could be my best/only chance of cashing here, hence my call. i put player x on the exact hand ie; AK aq ok i won this time but is this too loose or are these the kind of spots we have to go with sometimes? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance GeeSBee Small blind   75.00 75.00 4580.00 QPR21 Big blind   150.00 225.00 4300.00   Your hole cards 8 8       x All-in   1040.00 1265.00 0.00 devonfish5 Call   1040.00 2305.00 815.00 GeeSBee Fold         QPR21 Fold         x Show A K       devonfish5 Show 8 8       Flop     3 9 6       Turn     7       River     10       devonfish5 Win Straight to the 10 2305.00   3120.00
    Posted by devonfish5

Absolutely standard IMHO. He can be pushing worse pairs, Ax, Kx. We win some, lose some for sure but I have to think it's +EV in the long run versus short stack.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: was my thinking for calling here ok?:
    In Response to was my thinking for calling here ok? : Absolutely standard IMHO. He can be pushing worse pairs, Ax, Kx. We win some, lose some for sure but I have to think it's +EV in the long run versus short stack.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks SJ,
    it felt right anyway, which is always a good sign  lol
  • edited December 2014
    I'd be calling here, and would be a little annoyed to see both of the blinds fold aswell
  • edited December 2014
    I'd be calling here, and would be a little annoyed to see both of the blinds fold aswell
    Posted by Matt237
    Thanks Matt.
  • edited December 2014
    had another situation the other day...

£5 dym bubble (can't find hand but...

shortie on 700 chips aipf, both big stacks call. i'm on 800 chips holding 52 so fold.
    shortie triples up & i go on to lose game.
    had i called, i would have hit the 5 & cashed...

teaching me a £10 lesson... so my thinking now after that is 'any chance i get to knock out shortie & cash i should take with any 2 cards'
    is my thinking here right? or am i being result oriantated by not cashing here?

another reason for my call with 88 here too.
  • edited December 2014
    had another situation the other day... £5 dym bubble (can't find hand but... shortie on 700 chips aipf, both big stacks call. i'm on 800 chips holding 52 so fold. shortie triples up & i go on to lose game. had i called, i would have hit the 5 & cashed... teaching me a £10 lesson... so my thinking now after that is 'any chance i get to knock out shortie & cash i should take with any 2 cards' is my thinking here right? or am i being result oriantated by not cashing here? another reason for my call with 88 here too.
    Posted by devonfish5
    TBH in that spot with those cards I would find a fold. Some proper DYM'ers may come and tell you that's wrong but I'm happy for shortie to be up against two others w/o getting myself involved with a very weak holding.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: was my thinking for calling here ok? : TBH in that spot with those cards I would find a fold. Some proper DYM'ers may come and tell you that's wrong but I'm happy for shortie to be up against two others w/o getting myself involved with a very weak holding.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks again SJ,
    that was pretty much my thinking at the time too, but with 800 left would i be better off using those to give beeter odds of knocking out shortie or use them to maybe double up & possibly cash that way.?
    I'm still not sure as to the best option.

• edited December 2014
    I think its an acceptable call, even if you lose the coin flip, you still have enough chips left behind to recover with a few steals of the blinds..if that wasnt the case, then perhaps i wouldnt take the gamble
  • edited December 2014
    I think its an acceptable call, even if you lose the coin flip, you still have enough chips left behind to recover with a few steals of the blinds..if that wasnt the case, then perhaps i wouldnt take the gamble
    Posted by alex1229
    Thanks Alex