You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sunday Before Christmas Live Sky Poker TV Show with Rich, Jen and lots of Ho-Ho Hold'em ***offic

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Poker is like Christmas because...

You sit down with people you haven't seen for ages and pretend to be nice to them, but really hoping they won't stay too long !

Comments

• edited December 2014

We're talking poker, are you listening?

In the Main, the pace is blistering, 

A beautiful sight, 

We're happy tonight, 

Playing in Sky Poker's wonderland

Yes, it's

Sky Poker TV LIVE!

Sunday 21st December 2014

Channel 861 or streamed from skypoker.com

With Good King Orfordlas 

and Jen Mason Is Coming To Town!

We've got another five hour festive spectacular for you, with plenty of live action from The 20K Super Roller, The UKPC Final and The Mastercash tables.

Plus! We'll have a draw at the end of the night for lots of seats into Tuesday's Christmas Cracker tournament- which will be covered on the show, will be a password-entry game and have loads of additional prizes in it, e.g bounties on the heads of Anna, Laura, Ross, Tikay, Sky Elf, Sky Santa, Sky Rudolph and loads more names tbc.

To get in that draw- just get a message read out on the show or a hand shown. And if you're looking for an excuse to get in touch with the show, how about answering this question..?

WHY IS POKER

CHRISTMAS?

Here's my answer-

Poker (or more specifically, a cash in poker) for me is like Christmas because both come but once a year. :-p

What's your answer?

Looking forward to the show and see you at 7.

• edited December 2014
    You're not Laura Cornelius... Anyway...

Good evening Jen and Richard. How are you both?

Last time you were on the show together I asked you about Pixie's ridiculous elimination from Strictly. Tonight I want to know your opinion on the eventual winner having spent a few years at dance school in her younger days. 

I think it merits a judicial inquiry personally... Frankie woz robbed, innit?

Poker is like Christmas because it makes me feel sad, costs me lots of money and I almost always do it at home alone.

Too much of a downer? :-/

Have a great show.
  • edited December 2014
    H Rich, I'm sure tonight will be a cracker with Jen and yourself, will be tuning in as normal. For me Christmas day is a lot like a big Poker tournament, there's all the excited build up to it and then on the day itself its all about enjoying yourself and the company of others, swapping gifts (aka half your stack in my case!) early on, trying to get through relatively unscathed to that final table where all the goodies are. In both cases, avoiding unnecessary spewing and clashing with those seated to your left is a necessity :) 
  • edited December 2014

christmas, poker?

one is about wise men bearing gifts, an immaculate conception, a religion and a donkey.

the other one is christmas.

• edited December 2014
    Afternoon/evening, great line up, well at least Jen anyway.

Poker is like Christmas because you get a lot cards you wouldn’t normally pay to see, hoping to see a miracle involving three kings and a large pot of gold but more likely to end up with a cooler involving snowmen and a cold deck.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to one and all.

• edited December 2014
    Looking forward to the show :-)
  • edited December 2014
    Brilliant answers already.

Could be a classic tonight.

And yes, Borin- you are astute. I am not Laura.
  • edited December 2014
    Poker is like christmas because is costs me a fortune, its over to quick but I always have hope that santa will bring me that unbelievable present (in this case a massive win in UKOPS)

Off topic but is Sky Dan looking at this thread? I made a topic for him about my turbo tuesday seat but I am not sure he has seen it? Any ideas?

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS :)
  • edited December 2014
    poker is like x mas but as in the song i wish it could be xmas every day . with poker it is xmas every day . i wish i could play skyyy poker everydayyyyy lol
  • edited December 2014
    poker is like christmas because you never know how much it will cost and the fact i give more than i get have a great show
  • edited December 2014
    Christmas & poker
    P is for Presents that we open christmas day
    O is for the ornaments that ardorn our tree
    K is for King Wenselaus from our carols we sing
    E is for Ebenezer Scrooge from the shows that we watch
    R is for the reindeer we all love to see

And like my poker wins christmas come once a year
  • edited December 2014

hi rich
    wishing you all a merry christmas

poker is like christmas you will always find me in a frenzy.  Hoping to spend little and get a big present.
  • edited December 2014

Hand History #848286012 from Mastercash 1

Readless but recognise the players name.

On river the size looks really bluffy and with the straight missing does this make it a call? His flop donk suggests he was drawing so it was far from an easy call, but thought top 2 is far to strong to fold readless

(Dont enter me into the draw, i cant play on tuesday)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Before Christmas Live Sky Poker TV Show with Rich, Jen and lots of Ho-Ho Hold'em ***official show thread***:
    Brilliant answers already. Could be a classic tonight. And yes, Borin- you are astute. I am not Laura.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    They call me Clouseau.
  • edited December 2014
    Christmas is like poker.....

because you everyone looks forward to the great cards they receive!
  • edited December 2014
    looking forward to the show tonight,
    Got a quick hand id 851867767 from the 3pm £20k semi, can i ever fold here and give credit for a better hand? Really felt like a fold at the time as i had plenty of bbs and he'd been pretty tight after the flop. Player is a losing reg who has a wide range, really appreciate any thoughts on it. Thanks
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Rich,

Joined a couple of weeks ago and have managed to triple my £10 starting bonus just by playing £2.25 DYMs. Looking forward to the Christmas Cracker.

Christmas is like poker because you're only interested in your cards if there's a chance of some money within them!

Have a good show.

Summation

• edited December 2014
    Evening Guys,

I dont want to be a scrooge or spoil Xmas but the Mini roller is £11 tonight not 5.50... unless you want to enter me in for £5,50 :-)
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford and Mrs Mason.
    Excellent show so far.
     Christmas is like poker because  you sit around a table and feast on a turkey.
    Normally i am the turkey.
    Question for Mrs Mason i would consider it an immense honour if you could spare the time to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    Why is Christmas like Poker?

1) As soon as I get the nuts, they are soon roasting on an open fire

2) You get to see loads of cards but most are soon thrown away

3) Three wise men & a baby in one but usually one wise man & three babies in the other

Merry Christmas!!!
  • edited December 2014
    Why is poker like Chritmas?

You dream about it so much!
    Then i's over too quickly!

Why is poker unlike Christmas?

beause you can log back into Sky poker the following night and it turns into Groundhog day!
  • edited December 2014
    Hi guys, Poker is like Xmas for me because....

There is no better feeling than winning the "Main Event" family game at the end of the night

Ps bring on the super roller, won my seat for £12 and only played twice before in 3 years :)

• edited December 2014
    Another one both Rich & Jen

Poker is like Christmas because...........

Poker = You wait to pull off a cracker of a hand.......

whereas.....

Xmas = You pull a cracker with your hand......

POKEY2011
    Chris

Bristol
  • edited December 2014
    Poker is like Christmas because you need a poker face when someone hands you the worst present ever (i.e. the DVD Box Set of "Defectors")
  • edited December 2014
    Yeaaa in the Roller via a £3.00 all in sat :)

Why is poker like Christmas?

Looking at the presents under the tree, at my age with 2 kids, bit like the payouts in a MTT  .....  most of it is not usually mine!
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Rich and Jen, fun show guys.  I think poker is like Christmas because if I spend too long at the table I end up getting squeezed by the button (...of my jeans) :)
  • edited December 2014
    Hi

Great show and merry Christmas to all.  Poker is like christmas because after raising too many glasses I just have to fold into oblivion lol.  
  • edited December 2014
    Should I fold pre flop? super roller  851998210
  • edited December 2014
    Super Roller  ... 852008057

not sure if interesting ?? Would like to know if I was ahead on river bluff
  • edited December 2014
    poker is like christmas because you always have a CRACKER of a show
     merry christmas all