You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For the Attention of Sky_SamT

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Sam,
I've only got my iPad now over Christmas so I can't reply to your PM as a PM sorry!
Also I can't really be of that much help, but anyway here's what happened...
The first time I was able to visit Sky Poker website and log in and register for a tourney but then I had the spinning loader thingy and the error message unable to connect. I tried to watch cash tables too and unable to connect to any tables. All other websites were fine. Every half hour or so I tried to load up and watch a table, after a few hours, a web page popped up from virgin. Btw I play in browser in Firefox on my laptop and in browser in safari on my iPad. This web page from Virgin was some kind of alert I guess, because Sky is a gambling site...but I could visit other sites and Sky bet etc etc. 
I don't have a screenshot but the page said do I trust this site and am I happy to continue so I said yes and then I was instantly able to open tables again. I live in the same building as my landlord so I don't have the log in details for Virgin but I'm sure he has no parental locks on, virgin asked me if I wanted to change the settings but as I couldn't log in I couldn't check or change the settings. Anyway I could then access the tables
Continued.... (Can't post long messages on iPad so will post again shortly)

Comments

• edited December 2014
    The second time was a week or so later but this time I couldnt even access the Sky website, with the message in browser again unable to connect to website. But this time I couldn't access all sorts of websites. 
    I couldn't visit Facebook, Sky, Asos, Paypal and others... I figured out it was almost any website that I log into. So news websites, google etc all fine but any with a username/password all unaccessible. Strangely some were ok though for instance Paddy power, Natinal lottery but loads I couldn't access.
    I tried to adjust the security settings with the little padlock thingy on these sites because I found that had worked for some people (I googled the problem) but it didn't seem to work. Again, eventually after a few hours the same Virgin web page popped up and I clicked yes continue and everything worked again.
    Haven't had the problem since!

So hope this helps and to answer your Question, no we hadn't changed the parental locks before it happened and no they haven't been changed since (as far as I'm aware!) 
    Merry Christmas!
    Mrs D
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    Hello ducky,

Sammy T is off today but I've made him aware this thread is here, so he'll be back to you shortly.

Cheers!
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks! I'm off for Christmas now so he doesn't need to reply, just wanted to make sure he got it as he'd PMd me.
    Take it easy, merry Christmas!