You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Move - Early Stages with KK

edited December 2014 in The Poker Clinic

Its a £11 DYM, not played with any of the player before so no notes.

Villian A has been playing very loose so I just to just call his raise and play in position against him (Hindsight this was the wrong move and I should have been raising)

Villian B has played 1 or 2 hands so abit cautious because of his UTG raise then he 4bets alarms are ringing.

What should my move be once Villian A calls?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceVillian ASmall blind 15.0015.001200.00SilentChivBig blind 30.0045.002750.00 Your hole cardsKK   Villian BRaise 60.00105.002160.00xFold    xxCall 60.00165.001860.00xxFold    Villian ARaise 135.00300.001065.00SilentChivCall 120.00420.002630.00Villian BRaise 720.001140.001440.00xxFold    Villian ACall 630.001770.00435.00SilentChiv

Comments

• edited December 2014
    You should have 4bet yourself. With SBs 3bet being so small and you cold calling could include lots of smaller pairs dependant on what villain B may think of you so can see him 4betting a few worse hands like JJ-QQ so i'd probably go with it. Really player dependant on what i'd do at these levels.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM Move - Early Stages with KK:
    You should have 4bet yourself. With SBs 3bet being so small and you cold calling could include lots of smaller pairs dependant on what villain B may think of you so can see him 4betting a few worse hands like JJ-QQ so i'd probably go with it. Really player dependant on what i'd do at these levels.
    Posted by Matt237
    Yeah, I'm not really sure why I didn't 4bet
  • edited December 2014
    Go with if for sure. Hand is super underrepped. Still all 6 left but winning this hand puts us in cruise control to cash. Would need very solid reads on villain B only ever 4 betting AA/KK to let this go.

Feel dirty for saying this, but as I don't tend to play DYMs I'm gonna chuck it out there....is there an argument for folding as we've put the absolute bare minimum into the pot, and let the other 2 go to war?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM Move - Early Stages with KK:
    Go with if for sure. Hand is super underrepped. Still all 6 left but winning this hand puts us in cruise control to cash. Would need very solid reads on villain B only ever 4 betting AA/KK to let this go. Feel dirty for saying this, but as I don't tend to play DYMs I'm gonna chuck it out there....is there an argument for folding as we've put the absolute bare minimum into the pot, and let the other 2 go to war?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Probably not in this spot. Again, depends who Villain B is really
  • edited December 2014
    I'm keeping out of this one  -:)