You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone having connection issues

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Being blinded out in a MTT wont connect 

The site is so slow 

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Anyone having connection issues:
    Being blinded out in a MTT wont connect  The site is so slow 
    Posted by stuarty117
    I got cut off 1 hour it dept sucks
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues:
    In Response to Anyone having connection issues : I got cut off 1 hour it dept sucks
    Posted by movieman
    me too
  • edited December 2014
    Wasn't just sky poker that crashed, my DUSKTILLDAWN  went down at the same time....... north Koreans probably to blame
  • edited December 2014
    I got part of my buyin refunded 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : me too
    Posted by DESERTTURK
    Yes i was playing in the £2.30 bounty hunter when i was disconnected .when i got connected back up the game was already cancelled.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : Yes i was playing in the £2.30 bounty hunter when i was disconnected .when i got connected back up the game was already cancelled.
    Posted by mintgreen
    they want us to play ukops main event ... with non stop problems ive had it for over a year
  • edited December 2014
    i was in the £5.50 bounty hunter think 77 got paid i was around 10th place when disconnected with about 85 left in could not get back in, just before i got disconnected there were 2 others on my table disconnected,  I had other poker sites going with no problems, its been a while since I played on this site, and i had these problems before just very poor from Sky
  • edited December 2014
    This was incredibly tilting as i was on the priority main final table at the time with £740 for the win when this happened. Was blinded out the entire final table while 1 player was able to play i had to watch him be able to steal all the chips  then the tournament was settled on chip count.  
  • edited December 2014
    This was incredibly tilting as i was on the priority main final table at the time with £740 for the win when this happened. Was blinded out the entire final table while 1 player was able to play i had to watch him be able to steal all the chips  then the tournament was settled on chip count.  
    Posted by bearlyther
    I had same, I was a big chip leader in the Christmas cracker and was 1st / 5 and had more chips than the other 4 players put together.
    Then conn was lost for over a hour and I come back to 2nd but im pretty sure with stacks and the way I was running I would have won this and the difference between 1st and 2nd was 286quid which is very tilting.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : I had same, I was a big chip leader in the Christmas cracker and was 1st / 5 and had more chips than the other 4 players put together. Then conn was lost for over a hour and I come back to 2nd but im pretty sure with stacks and the way I was running I would have won this and the difference between 1st and 2nd was 286quid which is very tilting.
    Posted by gandy83

+1 the tournaments should have been paid out based on chip counts when the connection issues started not when the tournaents were decided to be cancelled as it was ok for some players during this time.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : I had same, I was a big chip leader in the Christmas cracker and was 1st / 5 and had more chips than the other 4 players put together. Then conn was lost for over a hour and I come back to 2nd but im pretty sure with stacks and the way I was running I would have won this and the difference between 1st and 2nd was 286quid which is very tilting.
    Posted by gandy83
    I think its safe to say that there was one person at the table who had connection and was playing on regardless, whilst the others, yourself included, were blinded out through D/C.

Don't think Sky have handled that tournament settlement very well.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : I think its safe to say that there was one person at the table who had connection and was playing on regardless, whilst the others, yourself included, were blinded out through D/C. Don't think Sky have handled that tournament settlement very well.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

yea the payouts should have been made in the morning instead of straight away to give sky some time to verify when the connection issues started and the payouts being adjusted accordingly to that time instead of having it when the tournaments was decided to be cancelled.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Anyone having connection issues : yea the payouts should have been made in the morning instead of straight away to give sky some time to verify when the connection issues started and the payouts being adjusted accordingly to that time instead of having it when the tournaments was decided to be cancelled.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Have you spoke to the cc, I tried to on live chat but they said they are looking in to all tournaments and will get back to players in nx few days via email, I have sent a couple of emails and see what they say
  • edited December 2014
    I was 1st in the tournament I was playing  before the connection issues started. A couple of people were still able to steal blinds when the tournament went off and sky paid me out for 4th place. 
  • edited December 2014
    I like most was affected was in the main when it crashed. We all know problems happen but what I found very wrong is why all games were not paused when sky saw mass numbers suddenly lose connection on the site.

I find the fact that sky just let the games play with the odd player allowed to play and even more dissapointed to see I was given just a low cash in the main.

I would hope Sky this moning will do something for us all as far as I am concerned I payed for a product that failed.
  • edited December 2014
    Have sky offered to screen The Interview on PPV?

Just saying...
  • edited December 2014
    Posted by gandy83
    I will confirm this was watchin the tourney at the time when 2 players timed out then I got disconed too.
  • edited December 2014
    Let me guess that all players that had connection issues were playing via the download? And the ones able to play on were using the browser?
  • edited December 2014
    Let me guess that all players that had connection issues were playing via the download? And the ones able to play on were using the browser?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    No I was playing via browser and had the same problems as did many others I think.
  • edited December 2014
    I tried to get back on via browser on chrome and IE but just couldn't get back on to the site, because of this I really think it cost me 1st place as I had a monster chip lead.
    After various emails cc have credited me with 20 pound as a good will gesture I do not want this and going to donate it to a charity.
    In my opinion it has been handled very poorly, I was going to play all the ukops as I registered them all but am having a re think now.
  • edited December 2014
    I like most was affected was in the main when it crashed. We all know problems happen but what I found very wrong is why all games were not paused when sky saw mass numbers suddenly lose connection on the site. I find the fact that sky just let the games play with the odd player allowed to play and even more dissapointed to see I was given just a low cash in the main. I would hope Sky this moning will do something for us all as far as I am concerned I payed for a product that failed.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    sky said that even though all players THOUGHT they would have won the tourney they got disconnected from some more than others. What does that mean let us players be the judge of that we have the right to think that or we would not be in it first of all