You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Sky suits and bosses -

Should we have confidence in Sky Poker in the UKOPS series starting tomorrow?

Heres why I say this -

On Tuesday I was massive chip leader in the Christmas cracker on the final table and was 1st / 5 and really believe I had it locked up.

Then site went down and when I come back over a hour after I see the mtt finished and was not paused and I finished 2nd hence costing me a potential few hundred quid.

I mean no one can say I would have won it but I had a great chance.

When spoke to customer services over many emails they basically gave in and gave me 20 quid as a good will gesture which I think is poor.

They basically said I should be happy as I paid a fiver for a tournament and won like 450ish but this isn't the case.

Anyway that has gone and forgot about now, until today when the site went down at about 1.45pm for about a hour and quarter.

Is there any extra work / maintenance back up plans etc to ensure this doesn't happer during UKOPS as I and many others will be spending a lot of money on buy ins and don't know wether to de register or not as it stands as the way customer serives handle problems is ridiculous

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS:
    Sky suits and bosses -   Should we have confidence in Sky Poker in the UKOPS series starting tomorrow?   Heres why I say this - On Tuesday I was massive chip leader in the Christmas cracker on the final table and was 1st / 5 and really believe I had it locked up. Then site went down and when I come back over a hour after I see the mtt finished and was not paused and I finished 2nd hence costing me a potential few hundred quid. I mean no one can say I would have won it but I had a great chance. When spoke to customer services over many emails they basically gave in and gave me 20 quid as a good will gesture which I think is poor. They basically said I should be happy as I paid a fiver for a tournament and won like 450ish but this isn't the case.   Anyway that has gone and forgot about now, until today when the site went down at about 1.45pm for about a hour and quarter.     Is there any extra work / maintenance back up plans etc to ensure this doesn't happer during UKOPS as I and many others will be spending a lot of money on buy ins and don't know wether to de register or not as it stands as the way customer serives handle problems is ridiculous
    Posted by gandy83
    its down now aswell so it is not good news really lets be honest... or we could all play knowing its gonna break down during the ukops and try get a stack then hope for it to break down when your chip leader and you get 1st place money..... great system
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS:
    In Response to Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS : its down now aswell so it is not good news really lets be honest... or we could all play knowing its gonna break down during the ukops and try get a stack then hope for it to break down when your chip leader and you get 1st place money..... great system
    Posted by DESERTTURK
    They don't payout on when it went down as I was monster chip leader in the Christmas cracker and got paid for 2nd
  • edited December 2014
    Not good..... 

Good time for a break :)

Run well all have a good UkOPS 
  • edited December 2014
    Not good.....  Good time for a break :) Run well all have a good UkOPS 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Was really looking forward to ukops as well but think I may have to de register my ukops registrations and withdraw and move back to a reliable site
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS : They don't payout on when it went down as I was monster chip leader in the Christmas cracker and got paid for 2nd
    Posted by gandy83
    fWiW

Site started having issues that effected a few but not all people. Then from what we have been told whole network went down (not just poker) that's when decision was made to end all MtT'.

Is annoying but 2nd is better than 5th. 

Great result either way...

And as you know final table variance is high so could of easily been 3rd / 4th

Run well
  • edited December 2014
    Having major probs on poker and sky bet can't log in sky bet at all and lose connection on poker
  • edited December 2014
    Sky poker should maybe consider cancelling the UKOPS if this is not 100% sorted as its costing over a grand and half for the full schedule so they should be providing a good service
  • edited December 2014
    Sky poker should maybe consider cancelling the UKOPS if this is not 100% sorted as its costing over a grand and half for the full schedule so they should be providing a good service
    Posted by gandy83
    No indication it is the software....... TK made it clear there have been ZERO faults with it, it is like blaming the kettle for not being able to make a cup of tea during break when the mains power grid is down. No matter how many kettles you plug in you won't get no solution until the mains is free flowing!

If you read over web forums it is clear a few other internet sites are also playing up. I am not in a posistion to say it's not a software fault but as sky bet down as well seems unlikely :)

• edited December 2014
    No reason to thinks it is the sky software, TK has said all ready there have been ZERO faults since launch of new software. Could be an issue further up the chain. Look at it this way, you wouldn't blame the kettle for not making you a cup of tea if the power grid was down! 20 kettles later and still no resolution until the main problem resolved. Just bare with sure they are on it. More of an inconvience for them, I can assure you they do not want to be having issues.
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Definitely not down to sky but letting games run for two hours after the issue started with half the people disconnected is not exactly bright is it!!! There seems to be a problem in deciding when its best just to shut things down.... sky need to get on top how much time its taking to do this when issues start 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS : No indication it is the software....... TK made it clear there have been ZERO faults with it, it is like blaming the kettle for not being able to make a cup of tea during break when the mains power grid is down. No matter how many kettles you plug in you won't get no solution until the mains is free flowing! If you read over web forums it is clear a few other internet sites are also playing up. I am not in a posistion to say it's not a software fault but as sky bet down as well seems unlikely :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Its still a sky issue and if they cant provide a good service then they should cancel in my opinion
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Confidence in Sky poker sofware over UKOPS : Its still a sky issue and if they cant provide a good service then they should cancel in my opinion
    Posted by gandy83
    There's two ways of looking at it...... if sky decide not to run UKOP'S then they are allowing themselves to be pushed around by a bunch of a.....e's with nothing better to do than mess up other peoples enjoyment...

or they run it and risk it crashing

I say run it, as my sweet little sister always says "I'm  English no one tells me what I can and can't do" 
  • edited December 2014
    Just tried calling customer services automated message they have had to close there contact centre due to a emergency issue lol next we will get a message saying there in administration 
  • edited December 2014
    sony and xbox been out as well think i might bin the ps4 now ! go back too the old atari if i can find it!