You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It never rains.......

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
You'd be surprised as to the value of such updates. I wish the rest of the Sky team took note.

Comments

• edited December 2014

Good afternoon.

There was another, site-wide (all of SB&G) issue this afternoon. I don't know the cause, but it is being fully investigated.

I've had no direct comms from Upstairs, but I've seen a few e-Mails going back & forth, and don't really know any more than that.

The problem was resolved around 90 minutes ago, I gather, & the site is now stable & fully functional. 

It's patently disappointing to everyone, players & Business alike, but, for balance, full site functionality has been maintained for well over 99.7% over the last 12 months. But not for the last 72 hours.....

Anyway, I just wanted to try & keep you informed, to the best of my knowledge. I have no reason, from anything I've seen, to be concerned it will re-occur.

I hope you will all be able to enjoy the rest of Christmas, & play poker as & when you want.

I have company all Xmas, & won't be Online as much as usual, but if I hear anything I think you should know, I'll certainly Post accordingly. I'll be playing a few UKOPS Events tomorrow, though, so maybe see some of you then.

• edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: It never rains.......:
    You'd be surprised as to the value of such updates. I wish the rest of the Sky team took note.
    Posted by patwalshh
    +1
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Tikay - 99.7% does sound quite impressive, however it isn't. I work in Telecoms and we offer a 99.85% SLA for a ADSL (Broadband) service - if we don't hit that SLA then we have to give service credits. I would hope that Sky aren't thinking that 99.7% is a good uptime for the year for a major platform.

Good updates though and I think everyone does appreciate that problems do occur from time to time.

Best Regards

Greg.
  • edited December 2014
    I think most of us are pretty realistic about these sort of issues, they happen and will always happen. I spent years trouble shooting technical issues and just when you think your on top of it there's always another different problem around the corner. That said sky don't seem to have a proper procedure in place to deal with major site technical issues and  decide when to pause the site when they do happen..... 

I posted earlier that after two hours of sky being aware of todays issue the game I was in was still allowed to run when half the players had been disconnected. People who had very small chip stacks ended up on the final table because the just picked up the blinds of the people who were missing......  2 hours come on sky

Sky need to put in place a system to pause everything after say 10 minutes of being aware of a problem.... if after say 40 minutes they haven't manages to resolve the issue then cancel the games.   To let game go on and on as they have done is causing a lot of  people to get annoyed and frustrated and I'm one of them, I've been caught in both the recent issues when either in the cash positions or close to them....

Credit where its due though I think sky have tried hard to compensate those affected but please just pause things sooner and stop letting them just run on and on...................

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: It never rains.......:
    Hi Tikay - 99.7% does sound quite impressive, however it isn't. I work in Telecoms and we offer a 99.85% SLA for a ADSL (Broadband) service 
    Posted by GREGSTER
    Really ?? I also work in Telecomms at the sharp end supplying ADSL to customers and the STANDARD ADSL service offered by BT Openreach does not have a SLA. They certainly seem to guarantee getting most jobs wrong 99.85% of the time in my experience. They are dire and customer service is abysmal.

Quote: Due to the nature ADSL works BT Wholesale do not guarantee that a line will have 100% uptime. The cost of ADSL to end users is so low that there is no uptime guarantee included in any ADSL based services we offer.
  • edited December 2014
    Any service provider can guarantee "up to" 99.85% - the key phrase is UP TO it doesn't mean they actually achieve it for every customer. Sky Pokers 99.7% is a pretty good uptime and is based on facts. Unlike some ADSL service providers.

My BT Broadband offers up to 80Meg download speed and at certain times this is true, but the majority of the time I only get 56Meg download speed.

Some stores offer up to 80% off in their sales, but we may find the majority of the items in the store are only 20% off.

It's all about how the selling.
  • edited December 2014
    @Boxster - Yep, really. This is Business Broadband though, so we will always buy Enhanced Care with our ADSL services to get fixes in 20 clock hours, rather than when BT can be bothered to come and fix it. Obviously most home users won't pay for this.

@PokerTrev - Where you have an SLA, this is what a Business aim's to hit and will usually have stats to back this figure up, obviously they will sometimes miss the SLA and that is where they have to dish out Service Credits. Some Business's will take a 'Commercial Risk' by giving out SLA's that they know there is a chance they may not hit them.

My point was really that I don't think the big wigs at SkyPoker / Bet would be shouting from the roof tops about an uptime of 99.7%. That equates over the year to the service being down over 26 hours - that don't impress me much and think they need to be putting more resilience in place.

Nice results last night by the way Trev, well done.
  • edited December 2014
    And we already have regular 4 hour downtimes from 4:00-8:00 or similar, so I think they would miss 99.7% quite easily.