You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltanham 2015

edited February 2015 in Betting Chat
This day last year i put some doubles/trebles accas on for Cheltenham 2014. Briars Hill's fall when 2/1 fav (on at 12/1) meant I lost out on my outlay by 75%... But I'm having another stab today, as a few of my fancies are running this w/e.

As Father V already knows, I've been all over The New One since his unlucky 3rd earlier this year. Plenty of ew bets @ 5/1 already on - cast iron ew bet in my view. Hopefully Faugheen's bubble may burst today. 

I've backed Vautour several times for the Arkle, but I fear I've done my money in there, as the team are v sweet on Un De Sceaux for that, and my hope is far more adaptable distance wise. 

I've backed Kalkir several times ew @ 6/1-7/1 for the Triumph. I think the layers have over-reacted to Peace and Co's run, and after mine runs today, he could be 4/1 or even shorter. 

My last single bet up to now has been Champagne Fever for the Gold Cup. I think Paddy Powers 14/1 is v generous. I'm on several times, again ew. His price will shorten today even if he doesn't win, but stays on well to the line. ( I'm on ew today).

Today I've put on  6 * win only doubles,  4 * ew trebles, and an ew acca on:-

The New One 11/4: Sprinte Sacre 4/1 (A gamble, but if he wins well at Ascot in Jan', his price will plummet): Kalkir 6/1: Champagne Fever 14/1

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Btw I very much doubt Skybet will get any business in the 4 championship races at Cheltanham. I know they are going no runner no bet, but jeez!!! Apart from the Champ Hurdle (where the prices are more or less as they will be on the day, as that market is set in stone already), the rest are 1/2 or even worse the odds u can get elsewhere. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Cheltanham 2015:
    This day last year i put some doubles/trebles accas on for Cheltenham 2014. Briars Hill's fall when 2/1 fav (on at 12/1) meant I lost out on my outlay by 75%... But I'm having another stab today, as a few of my fancies are running this w/e. As Father V already knows, I've been all over The New One since his unlucky 3rd earlier this year. Plenty of ew bets @ 5/1 already on - cast iron ew bet in my view. Hopefully Faugheen's bubble may burst today.  I've backed Vautour several times for the Arkle, but I fear I've done my money in there, as the team are v sweet on Un De Sceaux for that, and my hope is far more adaptable distance wise.  I've backed Kalkir several times ew @ 6/1-7/1 for the Triumph. I think the layers have over-reacted to Peace and Co's run, and after mine runs today, he could be 4/1 or even shorter.  My last single bet up to now has been Champagne Fever for the Gold Cup. I think Paddy Powers 14/1 is v generous. I'm on several times, again ew. His price will shorten today even if he doesn't win, but stays on well to the line. ( I'm on ew today). Today I've put on  6 * win only doubles,  4 * ew trebles, and an ew acca on:- The New One 11/4: Sprinte Sacre 4/1 (A gamble, but if he wins well at Ascot in Jan', his price will plummet): Kalkir 6/1: Champagne Fever 14/1
    Posted by joesman1

Wasn't too downhearted with Kalkir's run. Infact I've gone in again ew @ 10/1. It pulled far too much early on in a v slow race. Going was desperate. It pulled clear with a decent flat horse who thrives on heavy going. 

But Champagne Fever fading from the last disappointed me. No Gold Cup for him now. They have Djakadam and Ballycasey earmarked for the Ryanair, so I guess its back to 2 miles for Fever. No dream acca then. 

• edited December 2014
    Good Luck,

Jim culloty working on Lord winderemere being a good price again. Lol
  • edited January 2015
    So on top of Our Father for the 3m hcp,  after today I'm now all over Balgarry for the Vincent O'Brien hurdle when they start betting on it. 
  • edited January 2015
    As you know I hate ante post but just had a non runner no bet each way treble on

Sprinter Sacre 5-2 Queen mother
    The New One  3-1 Champion
    World Hurdle 4-1 Annie Power

Cant see any not being in first three and hopefully they will all win
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Cheltanham 2015:
    As you know I hate ante post but just had a non runner no bet each way treble on Sprinter Sacre 5-2 Queen mother The New One  3-1 Champion World Hurdle 4-1 Annie Power Cant see any not being in first three and hopefully they will all win
    Posted by vaigret

Two weeks ago I went to the well once more and NRNB  6*trebles 4*four-folds and 1 acca on the following:-

Un De Sceaux 9/4 Arkle, The New One 3/1 Sprinte Sacre 9/4 More Of That 4/1 and Silvanio Conti 3/1
  • edited January 2015
    vaultoux is nailed on for champion hurdle 
  • edited January 2015
    vaultoux is nailed on for champion hurdle
     ?????
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

I think u meant Vautour Mr Donk, and u are getting confused with Faugheen
  • edited January 2015
    lol yeah mullins horse sry confused ha 
  • edited January 2015

Road to Riches for the gold cup,
      champagne fever for rynair
      sprinter sacre champion chase
      vatour jeweson
     douvan supreme
     faugheen champion
     peace and go triumph

just some of my selections at the moment,

jfk for the derby
  • edited January 2015
    I have just done:(some late information)
    Queen Mother Champion Chase            Champagne Fever e/w 8/1
    Cheltenham Gold Cup                            Silviniaco Conti 3/1
  • edited January 2015
    An e-mail with some information I recd. yesterday!
    Hi Wynne,

After the thrills and spills over the weekend the countdown to the Cheltenham Festival is well and truly on.

Here’s how things stand with just over 40 days till the Festival kicks-off;

Arkle Trophy (Tuesday): An imperious UN DE SCEAUX routed his rivals at Leopardstown. He’s currently 1.83. Can anyone stop him?

Champion Hurdle (Tuesday): HURRICANE FLY raised the roof when winning his fifth Irish Champion Hurdle. He’s 10.5 to land a third Champion Hurdle at the Festival. FAUGHEEN remains favourite though and is trading at 2.36. Who will Ruby choose?

World Hurdle (Thursday): SAPHIR DU RHEU is now 7.6 second favourite after he dug deep to win one of the key trial races. In an open looking contest he could prove to be the value choice.

Triumph Hurdle (Friday): PEACE AND CO remains unbeaten after his weekend win and is the 3.0 favourite for the opening race on the final day. Will he get favourite backers off to a winning start?

Gold Cup (Friday): MANY CLOUDS followed up his Hennessey win with another battling success. If you fancy him for the big one in March he’s 10.5 for glory. SILVINIACO CONTI remains a solid favourite at 4.5.
  • edited February 2015

douvan and faugheen 5/1 dbl first day get on
  • edited February 2015
    Get on Beltor for Triumph hurdle as soon as you can
  • edited February 2015
    Get on Beltor for Triumph hurdle as soon as you can
    Posted by vaigret
    JUST ABIT LATE WAS 50/1 BEFORE TODAY
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Cheltanham 2015 : JUST ABIT LATE WAS 50/1 BEFORE TODAY
    Posted by MYSHARKY
    I know mate but didn't realise how good he was until today , still wont be 14-1 come the day which is the price I got NRNB