You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not allowed to rebuy in UKOPS when down to 0 chips

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Title says it all, trying to get through to customer care at the moment. I know of one other player that this has happened to. Very frustrating given the player of the series that's on.

Comments

• edited December 2014

Hi Matt,

No idea what that's about, but I'll send it up to Ops in Leeds.

Can't guarantee I'll get a reply, but if I do, I'll Post accordingly.

EDIT - e-Mail sent to Ops.
  • edited December 2014

There have been quite a few times when I was regging my session today it took two or three goes due to what felt like lag.  For this is also occur in a rebuy is markedly disappointing man.

• edited December 2014
    Unfortunate, mate.

I did think it was extremely odd to see your name at zero chips very quickly, in a rebuy.

UKOPS off to a shaky start.
  • edited December 2014
    Same thing happened to me on wednesday evening during the rebuy.  It wouldnt work for about a minute then it let me rebuy.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Not allowed to rebuy in UKOPS when down to 0 chips:
    There have been quite a few times when I was regging my session today it took two or three goes due to what felt like lag.  For this is also occur in a rebuy is markedly disappointing man.
    Posted by TommyD
    Had the same thing took forever to reg a tournament. Also it charged me twice for an £11 bher but sorted itself out once I restarted client 
  • edited December 2014

Gents,

I got a Reply from Upstairs, though it may not help much.

They have checked the Template, & it appears to have been set up correctly, so (I'll duck before any replies) it SHOULD work ok.

It may well be some sort of lag problem, I really don't know, but it's deffo correctly set up.

They have also said they will re-check that all the other UKOPS Rebuys are correctly set up.

Hope it clears itself.

I'll be Offline now for a few hours, about to have my Xmas Dinner, so if you need any further help (?....), please contact Customer Care.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Not allowed to rebuy in UKOPS when down to 0 chips:
    Gents, I got a Reply from Upstairs, though it may not help much. They have checked the Template, & it appears to have been set up correctly, so (I'll duck before any replies) it SHOULD work ok. It may well be some sort of lag problem, I really don't know, but it's deffo correctly set up. They have also said they will re-check that all the other UKOPS Rebuys are correctly set up. Hope it clears itself. I'll be Offline now for a few hours, about to have my Xmas Dinner, so if you need any further help (?....), please contact Customer Care.
    Posted by Tikay10
    A wise move!
  • edited December 2014
    Same happened to myself matt, no option to Re buy whatsoever, very disappointing after the recent issues that things like this are now happening, and as matt says for himself try to win potf 
  • edited December 2014
    The MTT was set up fine IMO

From my experience of regging approx. 30 odd MTTs in one go this morning on several occasions I got a message saying 'Could not register - could not allocate funds'  or words to that effect.  While this is not an issue for regging in advance as giving it two or three tries did the trick, obviously rebuy purchasing runs on the same buy in system.

Therefore I would advise caution to anyone playing rebuys tonight or while these continued service issues are happening.  There is a chance if you get down to zero in the rebuy period your attempt to rebuy may well fail and in this situation you only get one try.  I will still be playing the UKOPS rebuys, but I advise caution to all as detailed above.
  • edited December 2014
    I don't think its exclusively rebuys. Playing cash this morning and a few occasions it wouldn't top up my BR or sometimes even sit at a new table. 
  • edited December 2014
    Would be good to get this sorted with there being 7 rebuy events in the schedule thats quite a significant number and if the issues with rebuys cant be sorted out then the upcoming rebuy events should be changed to another format.  Hope thats not the case as i like the rebuy events on the schedule but if the rebuy button isnt working then its best to change them to another format until this issue is resolved.
  • edited December 2014
    Nkt just me then. Had same issue as tommy plus auto topup failing to work. I'm assuming its some sort of hangover from earlier  issues.
  • edited December 2014

I'm assuming these issues relate to the £1,000 Guaranteed Rebuy which began at 2pm this afternoon.

Every sympathy with those who were unable to rebuy, but it appears that the vast majority of players were able to do so, if this is a reasonable indicator.....

It had...

140 entries.

119 Rebuys

72 Add-Ons.

Prize Pool = £1,655 (Guarantee was £1,000).

Those ratios don't seem far off "normal" to me though clearly some were unable to rebuy.

I know that's not much consolation to those who missed their Rebuy/Add-On, but it shows how awkward these things are to resolve sometimes - it is clearly working for the majority of players - & clearly not working for a few of you.

I hope it soon clears itself for everyone.

They are investigating further Upstairs, but I'd be quite surprised if they were able to effect any changes with immediate effect.
  • edited December 2014
    Matt not being allowed to rebuy was one of my stipulations for the UKOPS Player of the Festival.