You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bankroll management in rebuys

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
they say you should have atleast 100 buy ins worth of an MTT when doing entry, currently i've got 350-400 buy ins worth of a 5.50 rebuy and  just under 200 buy ins worth of these £11 rebuys.

when taking into account  the entry fee and addon, i'll already have spent £11 or £22 on them. Being such an important part of poker the last thing i want to do is go over board my BR, what is the advisible amount of rebuys i can make on top of the cost for an addon?

Comments

• edited December 2014

Bit awkward that Craig, we all have different criteria as to BRM.

If it were me, the MOST important thing is to decide, IN ADVANCE, what I am happy to spend, or invest.

Easy to get carried away in these things, but personally, my Plan would be....

Buy-In.

Immediate rebuy.

Then make sure I'm in a position to take the double stack Add-On - this is CRUCIAL.

If I don't think I can afford a Rebuy AND an Add-on, I'd manage my stack so at to get the Double Stack Add-On. (Neither the Rebuys or Add-ons are "raked").

It's very personal though, so do what you think best, but you MUST set your spend limit out before play starts, & stick to it.

Good luck.

• edited December 2014
    Personally I recommend you should be rolled for 5x the buy-in. This allows for your initial entry, an immediate re-buy, a double re-buy if you bust in the first hour, then the add-on.

If you can't afford at least that much you're at a disadvantage against those who can.
  • edited December 2014
    anyone know why the rebuys and add-ons for Ukops are not raked? not complaining obviously.. 
  • edited December 2014
    +1 to tikay do the rebuy str8 away and always take on the add on 

reason for doing rebuy str8 away cover every 1 on the table 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: bankroll management in rebuys:
    anyone know why the rebuys and add-ons for Ukops are not raked? not complaining obviously.. 
    Posted by nickd49931
    Happens in every UKOPs series. Suppose it appeases players coming over just to play the events, makes the site and games more appealing I'd imagine.

Kind of a slap in the face for us regs ;)
  • edited December 2014
    All the comments seem to make sense, as a minimum you need to cater for a rebuy and a  add on, but must be prepared for more as you probably need to take chances to build a stack whilst the opportunity to re-buy is still there (does not mean go beserk), a double up re-buy like Gary says at least, preferably be prepared for two doubl up rebuys. therefore if the buy-in is £10, it's a min of £30, a probable £50, and £70 if not doing well. If not prepared for this then this level is too high. Be careful with your bankroll and how you manage it, you can enjoy the game for life with proper bankroll management.