You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A brief review of Day One of UKOPSXII

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat

Just a few facts, figures & namechecks from the Community, apologies to those I missed or did not mention.

All the basic info is taken from GaryQQQ's Results Thread, where you can see all the results,
HERE

Half a dozen Posts follow, & all numbers are approx only.  

Comments

• edited December 2014

UKOPS XII kicked off yesterday with no less than 9 Events, with buy-ins ranging from £3.30 to £530.

Guarantees totalled £64,000, & the total Prize Pools amounted to £81,166, which is 27% above the aggregate Guarantees, with all 9 Events covering their Guarantee.

£1,000 Guaranteed Warm Up Rebuy (119 rebuys, 72 add-ons), £1,655 +65.5% on Guarantee 

£2,000 Guaranteed Warm Up Bounty Hunter, £2,470, +23.5% on Guarantee 

£3,000 Guaranteed Warm Up Deepstack, £3,040, +1.3% on Guarantee 

£1,000 Guaranteed Micro Bounty Hunter, £1,551, +55% on Guarantee 

£25,000 Guaranteed High Roller, £29,500, 18% on Guarantee 

£20,000 Guaranteed Main Event, £25,000, +12.5% on Guarantee 

£3,000 Guaranteed Mini Bounty Hunter, £4,300, 43% on Guarantee 

£4,000 Guaranteed Challenger Rebuy, (176 rebuys 131 Add-Ons)£5,750, +44% on Guarantee  

£5,000 Guaranteed Sidey Bounty Hunter, £7,900, + 58% on Guarantee
  • edited December 2014

£1,000 Warm Up Rebuy 

Battered it’s Guarantee by a whopping 65%.  

Plenty of familiar faces & names here, with TommyD 3rd, MrBurns4 4th, (suggest alias change to MrBurns1 may help?), POKERTREV 5th, craigcu12 6th, &  poppy765, YOUNG_GUN, PhilAny2Q, GREGHOGG (Hoggers!), Ludovician & BBMike all cashing, & a very unlucky Alan1506 bubbling.
  • edited December 2014

£2,000 Bounty Hunter Warm Up 

Don’t recognize too many names here, but Beaneh Final Table bubbled, & other cashes included MySharky & Sam1986
  • edited December 2014

£3,000 Deepstack Warm Up. 

This one only just covered it’s Guarantee, sneaking over the line by just 2 entries.  

Cashees included The Hippo (CTBN), David666, FatUncle, MKGunner, Fish2Chips, Pokey, & Leaderboard organiser Slippy.
  • edited December 2014

£1,000 Micro Bounty Hunter, with a whopping 517 entrants, headed by 5toneface, a long term pal of lJAMESl.  

SUPERNOVA, who graduated to BlackBelt on BBP with Neil C back in the day was 6th, it’s great to see Sharon back here. TheDart, JDAllStar, Stokey (yay!), ChrisBhoy (Team Plop), Laura_C (for 861), 18AND5Time, TennisBloke & Stuarty117 all cashing.
  • edited December 2014

£25,000 High Roller, with a stunning 59 runners, very impressive for a Saturday, & Heaven only knows it would have got if it had been possible to run it today (Sunday), which is the traditional “High Roller Grinding Night”.  

Our very own Kimpet got the lot, a very popular victory I suspect.  

1muffu, who had been chippy most of the way, came 2nd, well known High Roller in disguise “BAS” was 5th, & Gandy, who was perhaps a little hard done by in that 861 jobbie on Tuesday night, picked up just over £2,000 in 6th, which may be some consolation to him.

Alex1229 was the unforch bubbler.

• edited December 2014

£20,000 Main Event was next up, with a healthy 250 runners. 

Cracking final this, with a tremendously popular punterer winner in Neil Strike, aka Joesman1, clearing just shy of £5,000.  

POKERTREV got his 2nd cash of UKOPSXII in 2nd , with Gamblor25 (is that “AtItBradley” I wonder?) in 3rd 

Timeforbed, SUV, HAYSIE, 18Palace, Touchsmart, LB44, Curt360, Philany2Q (again), & the impressive Alvez11 all cashing.
  • edited December 2014

The £3,000 Mini Bounty Hunter was next, attracting far & away the biggest field of Day One @ 860 runners.  

Swampy858 took the honours, with DESERTTURK, a loyal Sky Poker regular in 5th, Tsaaaar Final Table bubbler, & dangerdai, mmmchips, shawsok, & Ladyalbion amongst others way too numerous to mention getting honourable mentions. Or not.

• edited December 2014

Next up was the £4,000 Guaranteed Sidey Rebuy, which battered the Guarantee.  

HAYSIE Finalled, he’s a lad who came to Vegas with us a while back, & has been on Sky Poker since Day One. He’s 85 years , lives in Swansea, & is a bona-fide ledge.  

MattBates came up just short of the Final, touchsmart, POKERTREV (again), PhilAny2Q (again again), TennisBloke (again), maccol, Dollie (yay!), TommyD (again) & LyonsBob all cashed.
  • edited December 2014

Day One concluded with a £5,000 BH Sidey, & once again a BH abso mullered it’s Guarantee.  

Don’t recognize too many names from the Community, but splashies & the wonderfully named HUGHMANS cashed, as did “tedgizzdo”, who, I think is Ed Giddens, a real blast from the 861 past.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: A brief review of Day One of UKOPSXII:
    Day One concluded with a £5,000 BH Sidey , & once again a BH abso mullered it’s Guarantee.    Don’t recognize too many names from the Community, but splashies & the wonderfully named HUGHMANS cashed, as did “tedgizzdo”, who, I think is Ed Giddens, a real blast from the 861 past.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oban, Hitsquad member and regular community player took this one down. He was also part of the ScotSquad who won the APAT team event not so long ago.

Thanks for the summaries Tikay, any idea where that leaderboard thing is?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: A brief review of Day One of UKOPSXII : Oban, Hitsquad member and regular community player took this one down. He was also part of the ScotSquad who won the APAT team event not so long ago. Thanks for the summaries Tikay, any idea where that leaderboard thing is?
    Posted by bbMike
    Ahh, my bad (Oban), sorry, but I was bound to miss a few, I just thought it'd be good to see a bit of a Fun Review, especially as the Community has been a bit chuntery over Xmas.

Slippy is doing the Leaderboard thing, I guess he's either had a heavy night, is grappling with the sheer volume of numbers on his Spready, or spending his UKOPS winnings.

• edited December 2014
    Great day for PokerTrev, and lots of cash making its way to community regs, great to see.

Vwd all, especially joesman who is getting the lot lately, and Kimpet who I met in Luton this year at a Hitsquad game. GL all later today.
  • edited December 2014

MattBates came up just short of the Final

Nice review Tikay, thanks. And thanks for going out so early in the Main as that enabled me to win the LL comp on last night's show thread ;)
  • edited December 2014
    MattBates came up just short of the Final Nice review Tikay, thanks. And thanks for going out so early in the Main as that enabled me to win the LL comp on last night's show thread ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I don't even want to THINK about that debacle on my part!

I did at least get the minor satisfaction of busting Ross in the Mini, which was my sum total of success in three UKOPS Events, marv.

I don't really play many MTT's these days, especially NLH, but I must say I really enjoyed them, I got to feel that "buzz" again.

I'll be playing the Main & Mini tonight, too. Optimism of a a good result is not exactly overflowing.....

As a fellow "champion" of the smallball players, I guess you must be pleased to see so many do well last night?

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: A brief review of Day One of UKOPSXII : Ahh, my bad (Oban), sorry, but I was bound to miss a few, I just thought it'd be good to see a bit of a Fun Review, especially as the Community has been a bit chuntery over Xmas. Slippy is doing the Leaderboard thing, I guess he's either had a heavy night, is grappling with the sheer volume of numbers on his Spready, or spending his UKOPS winnings.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Your forgiven Tikey :), nice thread to have going. Delighted to TID and good luck this evening.