You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV survey

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Yesterday I got sent a survey to do on how often I watch sky poker tv and if it no longer excited would I still play as much.

I do hope this is just market research and not the beginning of the end.  I for one think that the survey results will not relate to what actually happens.

Many people may think they would play no more or no less if there was no tv channel, may be true for the higher rolled to an extent but the rec players like myself and new players really latch onto the tv show side. 
When I first started out if it was not for getting a post read out on tv I would never of spoken about sky poker to my friends. By getting the chance to interact made it a talking point down the pub and turned our home games into online - this bringing more fish ;)

I noted that few of my friends didn't get the survey so guess just a random selection. A better question / survey would have been "does what the tv channel show make a difference to how much you play?" I.e. Sky bet days = no tv and no poker. I would personally suggest showin more mini action - encourage low stake players  by holing their hands on tv. Main is too expensive for a lot of newbies and  everyone likes  to see a hand being played out.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    can only speak from experience, but wouldnt have known sky poker existed if it were not for the channel. also i highly doubt i would have deposited on any poker site, much less this one had it not been for the salesmanship of the shows and the people on them. online poker wasnt on my radar as it were.

think businesses can overestimate USP's, but the shows are a good way of breaking down many of the natural barriers to entry people have when deciding whether to deposit money onto gaming sites: is my mony safe, how difficult is it to deposit, what can i get for my money, what does online poker look like, how do i navigate lobbies, what does this jargon mean etc etc.

having 'faces' and personalities [stretching it on both counts for some presenters, eh...] representing the site really does make it more appealling for first time poker depositors. well it did for me anyway. you feel part of summat when you get involved here.

• edited December 2014
    I had the survey sent yesterday too. +1 to Teddy comments i would deffinatly not be playing sky poker if it was not for the TV. Learn't so much through Sky poker Tv and this forum. Sky poker TV is the USP for Sky poker as far as i'm concerned!
  • edited December 2014
    Ill echo these thoughts. Not had survey myself but I watch the show when I can and it does have an impact on this being my main site. 

I also agree there should be more mini action/lower stakes coverage. The lowest they go are the 10nl cash tables. I also think they are missing a trick in promoting there SNG's. If they had a 'Beat the Analyist/Presenter" hour using a SNG (from DYM to HU to 6max) it could give an insight into playing, other players chance of being on tv and creat more SNG traffic.
  • edited December 2014
    I almost certainly would not even have played on this site were it not for the tv channel. Back in 2007 I got bored one night playing poker and decided to watch tv instead, and as I flicked aimleddly through the million channels I came across the sky poker channel. I watched it and they were playing something called the open, and were actually showing nahds only shortly after they were played, I decided that might be fun and gave it a try. For a lot of people it is the interactivity which is reflected in the forum that gives Sky it's appeal. Where else can you see pictures of peoples pets and silly christmas jumpers.
  • edited December 2014

the reason why i started playing was skypoker on tv.  the reason why i still play on skypoker is the tv scheduling.  watching the tv shows is worthwhile because of tikay, richard and anna.  without the tv channel i would start playing on other sites.

i replied to the texts to say the same.

• edited December 2014
    i had the same survey and i thought the same is this the begging of a end?? i tell you my experience of the show i used to play on another site before.I seen the show and started watching so naturally thought lets have a play on sky. and i think this mght be the same for alot of people. the help and advice given out on the shows is pricless. as the question would i play more or less if the channel wasnt on i can honestly say it would be less as theres nights i sit flicking through channels with no intention of playing poker, and find nothing on i put sky poker tv on when the live shows are on then before i no it iv got the laptop out and i end up playing!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV survey:
    the reason why i started playing was skypoker on tv.  the reason why i still play on skypoker is the tv scheduling.  watching the tv shows is worthwhile because of tikay, richard and anna.  without the tv channel i would start playing on other sites. i replied to the texts to say the same.  
    Posted by aussie09
    +1
    Exactly what I did too and hopefully more will do the same
  • edited December 2014
    This is from 4 years ago.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV survey:
    This is from 4 years ago. SkyPoker survey
    Posted by belsibub
    Ahh I see the bigger picture now - it's all about moving from 861 back to 865?  haha