You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mr Channing.

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Wondering out loud if Neil Channings entries into Sky Poker tournaments are part of his role with Sky Poler or does he pay himself. Though I doubt if he paying,it would dent his vast and hard earned fortune. But if freebies, does he have the same hunger to win.
        Just a thought. I respect the guy, horses, football and poker.....knows his stuff, and seems a guy who would good to go for a pint with.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Mr Channing.:
    Wondering out loud if Neil Channings entries into Sky Poker tournaments are part of his role with Sky Poler or does he pay himself. Though I doubt if he paying,it would dent his vast and hard earned fortune. But if freebies, does he have the same hunger to win.         Just a thought. I respect the guy, horses, football and poker.....knows his stuff, and seems a guy who would good to go for a pint with.           
    Posted by poncake
     Hi Poncake,

If we go for a beer you can pay.

I don't really want to go into too many details of my deal with Sky, suffice to say we are both really happy with it. I'd hate Daniel Negreanu to be reading and get all jealous.

I can assure you though, whatever the stakes are I experience the same frustrations that everyone else does when I bust out, especially if it was my own fault. I'm also quite competitive and want to win.

I definitely like the idea of getting some more money as you never really know how long you are going to live and what is round the corner. It's always good to get a few quid to heat the swimming pool.

Good luck

nc
  • edited December 2014
    Very kind of you to reply in person. Great that you want to win. And many of us have the chance to have a bash beating you. You are alongside Devilfish, Mad Marty and the Boatmans who raised profile of poker in the UK. Except for your karate outfit. Cheers.