You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Snake in the grass.

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat

Be careful what you say in the chatbox. Even if it is to fellow friends at the table, like it was today between myself and Waller02 in the 2.20.

Someone else at the table, and he knows who he is, has got me a 2 week chat ban. For a conversation he was no part of and was all in good nature. Ryan (Waller) will confirm all this.

So I'm not ignoring anyone for the next fortnight :)

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Good evening Hhyftrftdr.
    Was on the same table as yourself and Waller today, and only good hearted banter was used between you and Waller, made me laugh on numerous occasions.
    Surely there is an appeal system, any help you need i would gladly talk to customer care.
    All the best
    Rainman397 
  • edited December 2014
    IT'S A DISGRACE!!!

only 2 weeks :)
  • edited December 2014
    Is this a wind up???

To echo what rainman said........it was just friendly banter between the 2 of us. I'm happy to say this to whoever I need to in order to get the ban reversed.

I can't see how anybody at the table could be offended by our chat, there wasn't any personal abuse dished out.....all good fun. Definitely a case of crossed wires here.

Sort it out sky!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Snake in the grass.:
    Be careful what you say in the chatbox. Even if it is to fellow friends at the table, like it was today between myself and Waller02 in the 2.20. Someone else at the table, and he knows who he is, has got me a 2 week chat ban. For a conversation he was no part of and was all in good nature. Ryan (Waller) will confirm all this. So I'm not ignoring anyone for the next fortnight :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Outrageous!

Claiming to have friends.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass.:
    Is this a wind up??? To echo what rainman said........it was just friendly banter between the 2 of us. I'm happy to say this to whoever I need to in order to get the ban reversed. I can't see how anybody at the table could be offended by our chat, there wasn't any personal abuse dished out.....all good fun. Definitely a case of crossed wires here. Sort it out sky!
    Posted by waller02
    I can guarantee you the person in question was not offended in the slightest. He is just a sad bitter lonely old man who has been wanting to get me banned for a while. I know he's got me on something I said to you Ryan. Unfortunately CC will just see the chat and not know any context or anything, and have dished me up a 2 week ban this evening. 

I shall be looking at challenging it, thank you for the support Rainman and Waller.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass. : I can guarantee you the person in question was not offended in the slightest. He is just a sad bitter lonely old man who has been wanting to get me banned for a while. I know he's got me on something I said to you Ryan. Unfortunately CC will just see the chat and not know any context or anything, and have dished me up a 2 week ban this evening.  I shall be looking at challenging it, thank you for the support Rainman and Waller.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

No way to talk about Jac!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass. : No way to talk about Jac!
    Posted by samantha25
    To be fair, he's just gone and described about 74% of the player base.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass. : To be fair, he's just gone and described about 74% of the player base.
    Posted by Slipwater

I'm just here to spam his thread and laugh that he can't say "wp sam" everytime I bust a tourny :)

EXTENDED BAN PLS SKY!

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass. : I can guarantee you the person in question was not offended in the slightest. He is just a sad bitter lonely old man who has been wanting to get me banned for a while. I know he's got me on something I said to you Ryan. Unfortunately CC will just see the chat and not know any context or anything, and have dished me up a 2 week ban this evening.  I shall be looking at challenging it, thank you for the support Rainman and Waller.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well I will back you up if required.

Maybe you were banned and I wasn't because your banter was sub standard compared to mine????
  • edited December 2014
    Ahh, the sky community.

Sky's biggest strength.
    And sky's biggest weakness.

They should have made it 4 weeks.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Snake in the grass. : Well I will back you up if required. Maybe you were banned and I wasn't because your banter was sub standard compared to mine????
    Posted by waller02
    Thank you sir. Though I am tempted to report you for saying my banter is poor.

No wait, I'm not a petty sad man. As you were ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Ahh, the sky community. Sky's biggest strength. And sky's biggest weakness. They should have made it 4 weeks.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    4 weeks? Nah, that would please too many people. I'll be back in a fortnight, don't you worry ;)
  • edited December 2014
    And thank you to everyone who purposely said 'hi' tonight, knowing full well I couldn't reply. I'm sure hours of fun was had by all.
  • edited December 2014
    And thank you to everyone who purposely said 'hi' tonight, knowing full well I couldn't reply. I'm sure hours of fun was had by all.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I actually tried to ask you about something in the Chatbox last night, & I wondered why you were ignoring me!

In the end, I sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2014

He is one of the most abusive players out there Tikay.  Facebook is full of him saying things like

'I just got chatbanned so if you see xxxx on the tables (usually maxally or one of his friends) tell him he is a c*** from me'.

and

'Whoever gets xxxx make sure you knock him out'

etc etc

Sadly it is condoned by his captain who not only finds it funny but encourages it.

Tasha, you can have a one day a week swearing ban in my honour but you just don't get it. It isn't the swearing that is the problem, it is the way swearing is used to abuse people.    Until you realise that, you will continue to have people both in the team and out of it talking about you and mocking you behind your back.

Jac35, I am sure you are glad I am gone because you don't trust me.   I mean, why trust the guy who says what he thinks, whilst the people close to you talk about you behind your back.  #Facepalm

• edited December 2014
    He is one of the most abusive players out there Tikay.  Facebook is full of him saying things like 'I just got chatbanned so if you see xxxx on the tables (usually maxally or one of his friends) tell him he is a c*** from me'. and 'Whoever gets xxxx make sure you knock him out' etc etc Sadly it is condoned by his captain who not only finds it funny but encourages it. Tasha, you can have a one day a week swearing ban in my honour but you just don't get it. It isn't the swearing that is the problem, it is the way swearing is used to abuse people.    Until you realise that, you will continue to have people both in the team and out of it talking about you and mocking you behind your back. Jac35, I am sure you are glad I am gone because you don't trust me.   I mean, why trust the guy who says what he thinks, whilst the people close to you talk about you behind your back.  #Facepalm
    Posted by MrWh1te

I think you are taking this a little too far TBH, I have been in another team and its fair to say you will find much the same (unless TPT as they are all well nice people and don't swear, cept Dale).

For instance the man himself Tikay, heard him talk about curry using the F word & say he was going to punch Jac (sorry jac we all do call you behind yr back, infront of yr face) in the face on his diary. Do I believe it - I wish! Our team page is a place to vent, and in all honesty we prob abuse each other far more than giving anyone else the time of day. A certain SOH is required in there, and all are warned... you just didn't fit in... no biggy :)

• edited December 2014
    More sour grapes Bobby? Why won't you leave it alone eh?

There are No rules saying we can't use naughty words in our own private facebook group!

Its nothing unusual to feel you've suffered a bad beat, shout a bit, and call the other player a ****. Difference with this team is we post up our misery for the others to see/commiserate.  Although to be fair usually they will just mock us and make it worse. THATS what i find funny,  although I will be honest and say i do have favourite swear words, and a terrible crass sense of humour.Not gonna apologose for it either!

Not every thread is profanity/abuse littered. We have a good few serious poker posts and advice is always available (unless Harry sees the post that is then youre ******)

You have completely missed the point of Outlaws Bobby. We aren't pc, and we don't care! I also am unconcerned about what is said behind my back. People talk about eachother, its normal.

Now would you please stop the horrible posts. I am starting to feel quite attacked and upset by the things you are saying. Seriously. Just go away.
  • edited December 2014
    He is one of the most abusive players out there Tikay.  Facebook is full of him saying things like 'I just got chatbanned so if you see xxxx on the tables (usually maxally or one of his friends) tell him he is a c*** from me'. and 'Whoever gets xxxx make sure you knock him out' etc etc Sadly it is condoned by his captain who not only finds it funny but encourages it. Tasha, you can have a one day a week swearing ban in my honour but you just don't get it. It isn't the swearing that is the problem, it is the way swearing is used to abuse people.    Until you realise that, you will continue to have people both in the team and out of it talking about you and mocking you behind your back. Jac35, I am sure you are glad I am gone because you don't trust me.   I mean, why trust the guy who says what he thinks, whilst the people close to you talk about you behind your back.  #Facepalm
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Hi Mr Wh1te,

I don't have a view, or knowledge, of what he may or may not say on Facebook, I'm not a Facebook user these days.

However, Sky Poker can't have a view on what players may or may not say on other platforms, that's not a matter for Sky Poker.

Seasonal Greetings to you.

• edited December 2014

Given the way this thread is going, we will close it.

Enjoy the rest of the festive season and enjoy your poker.