You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Good afternoon Waller.
    Thank you for good luck message, it was an honour and pleasure to be sat at the same table as yourself yesterday, really enjoyed the banter between yourself and Hhy.
    All the best.
    Rainman397  In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    Can't argue with your decision there Tikay, if anybody deserves a UKOPS seat then it is definitely rainman. Was a great afternoon of poker yesterday and all for £2.20. Is anybody up for playing it again later????? Best of luck rainmain, hope you run deep and will certainly pop along to rail you.
    Posted by waller02
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon Hhyftrftdr.
    Thank you for message.
    It was an honour to be sat at the same table as yourself and Waller yesterday, the pair of you made me laugh so much, and made the game a joy to play.
    All the best.
    Rainman397 In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    Very pleased for you Rainman, and well done Tikay for organising it. Lighten up a bit Gary.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
  • edited December 2014

Here's the current Lobby for that UKOPS Warm Up Deepie this afternoon.....

rainman3975000 
    BOOMIO, just one entry!

I suspect there may be more entries later......

Go on Rainy, TID with the MOF.
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon again Sir Tikay.
    A big thank you again for the entry,this is like  a main event for me and am really looking forward to it.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S. What does mof stand for.In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    Here's the current Lobby for that UKOPS Warm Up Deepie this afternoon..... rainman397 5000   BOOMIO, just one entry! I suspect there may be more entries later...... Go on Rainy, TID with the MOF.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS?:
    Good afternoon again Sir Tikay. A big thank you again for the entry,this is like  a main event for me and am really looking forward to it. All the best Rainman397 P.S. What does mof stand for.In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS? :
    Posted by rainman397
    I know it is like a Main Event to you Rainy, & I really hope you get a bit of run good, & go deep, or even cash. Few are more deserving, imo. 

MOF?

As in TID with the MOF?

Take It Down with the Minimum Of Fuss.

It's street speak, like wiv the kidz, 'innit?

• edited December 2014

Is it me or is there no 2.20 @2.20 in the lobby today??

EDIT: I had the UKOPS filter on!!!

• edited December 2014
    Good afternoon all.
    Just got back in from shopping with she who must be obeyed, and  noticed field of 17 runners and i recognise most of the names, so will enjoy the honour of playing the great and the good.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    P.s Thank you again Sir Tikay.
  • edited December 2014
    Nothing to apologise for Tikay. Been blown completely out of proportion.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Nobody, including me, gives a hoot about this particular incident.

The danger here is the precedent it sets.

Let's say two friends make it to tonight's UKOPS final table and decide to do exactly the same thing, ie openly agree to go all-in blind against each other, sacrificing one of the stacks for sixth place money, then use the combined big stack to run over the remaining four players.

They could quite rightly cite this thread as evidence that it's a tactic used and endorsed by the face of Sky Poker, with the full support of members of this community. It would put Tikay in a very awkward position

If you say it's OK to do this in the mid-stages of a £2.20 Deepie, but not a UKOPS Main Event final table where do you draw the line? Should it be allowed in £5.75 Bounty Hunters, but not in £11 Bounty Hunters? Should it be allowed up to level 4 of tournaments, but not from level 5 onwards?

It's impossible to draw such lines, it either has to be allowed in all games or not allowed at all.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS? : Nobody, including me, gives a hoot about this particular incident. The danger here is the precedent it sets. Let's say two friends make it to tonight's UKOPS final table and decide to do exactly the same thing, ie openly agree to go all-in blind against each other, sacrificing one of the stacks for sixth place money, then use the combined big stack to run over the remaining four players. They could quite rightly cite this thread as evidence that it's a tactic used and endorsed by the face of Sky Poker, with the full support of members of this community. It would put Tikay in a very awkward position If you say it's OK to do this in the mid-stages of a £2.20 Deepie, but not a UKOPS Main Event final table where do you draw the line? Should it be allowed in £5.75 Bounty Hunters, but not in £11 Bounty Hunters? Should it be allowed up to level 4 of tournaments, but not from level 5 onwards? It's impossible to draw such lines, it either has to be allowed in all games or not allowed at all.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    So why even bring it up?

And it doesn't set any precedents. Little bit of common sense goes a long way.
  • edited December 2014
    Good afternoon all. Just got back in from shopping with she who must be obeyed, and  noticed field of 17 runners and i recognise most of the names, so will enjoy the honour of playing the great and the good. All the best. Rainman397 P.s Thank you again Sir Tikay.
    Posted by rainman397

GL in yr game dear :) hope you do an aceness bink!!

As for the ^^ tikay/maca hands... can't see a prob.
    I very much doubt either of of them would be playing for lolz on a main event FT as they were in this game. I reg call any two against these type of players 1 on 1 ....

TRIP5 (for fun)
    GBUK (more fun knocking yr sis out)
    Waller (tilts him)
    Lyonsbob (just cos)
    Giant (so he swears)
    JONO (cant hit a hand re me, simples)

Guess its what some folk call fun, and the price ticket backs that up.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Rainman's £2.20 @ 2.20? FREE UKOPS ENTRY UP FOR GRABS? : GL in yr game dear :) hope you do an aceness bink!! As for the ^^ tikay/maca hands... can't see a prob. I very much doubt either of of them would be playing for lolz on a main event FT as they were in this game. I reg call any two against these type of players 1 on 1 .... TRIP5 (for fun) GBUK (more fun knocking yr sis out) Waller (tilts him) Lyonsbob (just cos) Giant (so he swears) JONO (cant hit a hand re me, simples) Guess its what some folk call fun, and the price ticket backs that up.
    Posted by samantha25
    you noticed then

• edited December 2014
    Nope, maybe if you said things like "Sam you total donk, why did you call my 10x raise with bottom pair & hit a miracle river" or "wp sam calling an AI with 7/10 and getting lucky, you should be shot" may help in the future Ryan ;)
  • edited December 2014
    All true I guess :)
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening everyone.
    Got knocked out in 27th place, it was an honour and pleasure to play with such great players.
    Thank you again Sir Tikay for giving me the opportunity to play in such a great tournament.
    And thanks to everyone who sent me good luck messages.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    Oh deary me!

ANYONE who plays PLO8 with us, would know that given opportunity, I'd be open jamming into TK in a tourney, because a) It's funny, and b) It's TK! So, that's what happened, that's all.  I can assure anyone/everyone, that nothing untoward happened.

In the spirit of fair play though, I think TK should immediately multiply any winnings from the tournament by 10 and donate to charity. Preferably a Christmas related charity.
  • edited December 2014
    Oh deary me! ANYONE who plays PLO8 with us, would know that given opportunity, I'd be open jamming into TK in a tourney, because a) It's funny, and b) It's TK! So, that's what happened, that's all.  I can assure anyone/everyone, that nothing untoward happened. In the spirit of fair play though, I think TK should immediately multiply any winnings from the tournament by 10 and donate to charity. Preferably a Christmas related charity.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

I think this is the key bit. 
    Also, I'm saving for next Xmas do I count?