You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sorry

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat

Not sure this is the right time to do this (after a few drinks) but hey ho let’s get it all out in the open.

First of all I want to apologise to the players I put down, abused in the chat box tonight.

For all that know me I hope they would say it is totally out of character for me.

Unfortunately this has been building for a few months.

If you’re still reading I will give you a bit of background and context for this post.

My name is Pat from Dublin born in Spain hence my username.

I have been a lucky player over the years and won a lot more than my skill deserves on most sites.

I am in profit but have my stats blocked (sky) for very specific reasons.

This has come up in recent post aimed at me but I have unlocked them for people to help me with my dym stats and if ever called into doubt will do  for anyone that asks just to prove that all players who have their stats blocked are not losing players.

Sorry for rambling but I will get on to the main point.

I have a very decent job (director of an advertising company) which is where the trouble started.

Here in Ireland things haven’t been the best and unfortunalatly I had to let go about 15 staff some of them friends with families.

This is when I will admit I went on a bit of a downward spiral all the signs were there. I started to retreat from my friends and deleted all my social media accounts and including leaving the hitsquad team on sky who in all honestly have been nothing but great to me.

The further I retreated into myself the worse it got and it came to a head the week before Christmas when my Grand Father and my cousin who was like a brother died within days of each other.

With everything that happened I guess it was the straw that broke the camel’s back and was admitted to hospital. I stayed for a day or two and left to spend Christmas at home but with all that happened I decided for a few days away in Galway taught it worked but let myself down in chat tonight.

Again I apologies to everyone who I abused tonight my sincerest apologies

Pat (day4eire76)

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Hope things get better for you Pat, sorry to hear about your grandfather and cousin. May 2015 be a better year for you, Ducky xx
  • edited December 2014

hi pat,

to acknowledge this and post you clearly have great strength. 

ups and downs, cope well with both.

good luck man

• edited December 2014
    I never normally bother to comment on this type of post, probably because I have no connection or concern, but I feel I should here.

I have played against you online plenty often, and in my experience there is no hint of a keyboard warrior.

Beyond this I did also get the chance to meet up with you at a recent live tourney, and the craic was great, and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

It takes a bigger man to write your post than to do any amount of abusing online.  

Try and look for the positives and don't be afraid to ask people for help, if that is what's needed.

Regards David 

• edited December 2014

Hi Pat,

What Aussie & David said.

I hope 2015 is a better year for you.
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat

Really sorry to hear of your problems, I can relate to them, I know how it can effect you.

Im sure you will find the strength to come through it and I wish you well.

Take care

Ian
  • edited December 2014
    Pat

I'm proud to have you as a friend. 
    You're one of the best people I know. I'm at work right now but I'll speak to you later. 
    Take care mate
  • edited December 2014
    In times of high stress I have find that poker can be a fantastic release - but only if you treat it that way - a bit of time out.

If you try and play high volume/high stakes and for anything other than enjoyment and escapism then the real life demons can take over the poker too.

good on you for recognising that you did something wrong and thankfully out of character.

GL on and off the tables
  • ommomm
    edited December 2014
    His Pat

Sorry to hear all that you have been through, particulary the loss of loved ones. We all need a helping hand at some point or another and admitting there is an issue is the first step. Don't stop there, I'm not sure about Ireland but in England if you discuss what your going through with your doctor there is plenty of help available, medication doesn't have to be the answer, they can often provide a professional that can talk through various things with you and get you to help yourself. I only talk from experience and what you have describe s similar to what I was going through last year. On a separate note I know you started off by saying you had been drinking, best thing I have ever done is stop drinking alcohol, nearly 2 years since I haven't touch a drop and (apart from my poker result improving dramatically) it makes life a whole lot easier, too often we turn to drink to take us to a different place, to forget the rigours of everyday life for a few hours, it doesn't change anything that's going on and it certainly doesn't make things better. Sorry if I've said anything that is off course or causes offence. Your post seems to go deeper than just an apology for abusing in the chat box, I hope you get all the help and comfort that you deserve, Goodluck for the future. 
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat,
    Hope things have turned the corner buddy & I'm sure you will soon be back to good health again, & back to the old Pat we all know & love. huggs x
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat,

Hope 2015 is better for you & good luck.
    pad  
  • edited December 2014
    Pat, you're a friend and Squaddy family, so sorry to hear of your recent events, I've been in a similar way though not to the severity you've faced.  I know that when it happens the most obvious thing to do is push people away but in previous experiences I've found the opposite is usually the best.  I and I'm sure a whole load of people are here and happy to chat, be it specifically about this or just in general.  Look forward to seeing you back on Facebook and in the Squad when you're ready.
  • edited December 2014
    Try to keep your chin up lad.Hope next years an improvement on your fortunes.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat,

I'm with Aussie, David, Tikay and others on this.  I have come across you many times, including live, and would not associate you with any type of aggression.

Have strength and take care.  Hope to meet up with you again, perhaps in 2015.

Gordon
  • edited December 2014

Hey Pat

What everyone else has said.

Sorry to hear about everything that's been going on.

You are one of the good guys. 

• edited December 2014
    Pat, I was incredibly sorry to read your post. Having met you in person, I'm certain you are a really nice person. You have my number mate, if you feel like you want to chat to someone just pick up the phone. 
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat!!

I know we have spoken regular in past on a variety of subjects, many not poker related!

YOU KNOW, as what I confirmed last time we pm'ed, I WILL ALWAYS be there if needed.

You are A Great Player & respected Member of The Sky Community, always will be..

Sometimes things get difficult, Sometimes just staying Strong for others, & yourself, over long periods has a hidden effect..
    Things can blow...
    Shi.te can happen.......

As said to you before, it's how we deal with these problems/events that maketh man Comrade.

You are Proved here to others, as I already Knew, .....A MAN OF HONOUR & RESPECT.

I wish You Well Comrade, Once a Squaddie....Always A Squaddie!!

GL Mate
    The Hitman, Your Friend
  • edited December 2014
    Its pretty easy to say stuff in chat, pretty much everyone has been there and done that. Takes a big man to come on the forum and give an honest apology for doing so!

Best of luck for 2015 good sir!
  • edited December 2014
    Know this post would have been tough to make; all the best for the new year sir.
  • edited December 2014
            Hi mate I hope things get better soon. Stay strong
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Pat

Another one here who wishes things get better soon for you xx