You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
I was delighted to see the promo for the Team Sky Poker package. However instead of turning the SNG side of the promotion into a complete farce and down right travesty, can you please exclude Russian Roulettes counting toward the points?

Russian roulettes make winning the promotion 'legimately' near impossible and takes any competition element out.

Patwalshh

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Looks like only specified sngs count...

"Make it onto Team Sky Poker and win an amazing UKPC package by racking up points in our branded TSP Sit & Go's. There will be specific Double Your Money and Heads Up Sit and Go's where you can show off your skills!"

Does beg the question whether 6max count (well it does from me)

• edited December 2014
    Sorry for the hi-jack but it's better than there being a load of threads all about this promo..

I got the email from Prio saying there was a promo in Jan for TSP/UKPC packages but I didn't make Prio in December so won't be in the running for them (not like I'd be one of the top 5 rakers on here to win one anyway)... does this mean that the 'regular' TSP promo posted for everyone excludes Prio players?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners:
    I was delighted to see the promo for the Team Sky Poker package. However instead of turning the SNG side of the promotion into a complete farce and down right travesty, can you please exclude Russian Roulettes counting toward the points? Russian roulettes make winning the promotion 'legimately' near impossible and takes any competition element out. Patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh

Hi Pat,

I am 99% certain that Russian Roulette games are EXCLUDED from this Promo.

Please don't take that as Gospel, I will confirm either way in the morning, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

It does not start for a few days yet, but I promise to let you know in the morning.

So that's not a yes or no, just wait till tomorrow please.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners:
    Sorry for the hi-jack but it's better than there being a load of threads all about this promo.. I got the email from Prio saying there was a promo in Jan for TSP/UKPC packages but I didn't make Prio in December so won't be in the running for them (not like I'd be one of the top 5 rakers on here to win one anyway)... does this mean that the 'regular' TSP promo posted for everyone excludes Prio players?
    Posted by Lambert180

No idea Paul, but I will try and find out in the morning. Alternatively, you could try Customer Care, but there is no rush as it is a few days before it actually starts.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners:
    I was delighted to see the promo for the Team Sky Poker package. However instead of turning the SNG side of the promotion into a complete farce and down right travesty, can you please exclude Russian Roulettes counting toward the points? Russian roulettes make winning the promotion 'legimately' near impossible and takes any competition element out. Patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh
    Massive +1. GL in this Pat. 

I heard for the iphone 6 promo you turned down a home cooked roast dinner in favour of grinding all day on sky. 

Roast dinner ftw imo. Hell has no fury more than a woman scorned!
  • edited December 2014

Morning Pat.

As promised, I wrote to Upstairs to clarify this, & they have replied.

The key thing here is this existing Clause which can be found in the T & C's.....

5. Only Sit and Go's branded with Team Sky Poker will count towards earning league points. No others will be included.

So, to be quite clear, ONLY those SNG's which are "flagged" TSP will count towards the SNG Promo.

"Russian Roulette" will NOT be flagged, & so will NOT count.

Only SNG's which are "flagged" TSP will count. Nothing. Else. At. All. ;)

• edited December 2014
    Sorry for the hi-jack but it's better than there being a load of threads all about this promo.. I got the email from Prio saying there was a promo in Jan for TSP/UKPC packages but I didn't make Prio in December so won't be in the running for them (not like I'd be one of the top 5 rakers on here to win one anyway)... does this mean that the 'regular' TSP promo posted for everyone excludes Prio players?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Morning Paul.

I'm not sure I understand your question, sorry - may I suggest you ask Customer Care? Thanks.
  • edited December 2014

Meanwhile, £27,000 worth of UKPC seats & cash are up for grabs, see THIS.

Good luck all!
  • edited December 2014
    It looks like only hu and dyms count. 

Q1 not 6max?

Q2 will it be profit in the games or returns? If its returns only then it does become a bit of a roll and volume race.

It looks to me that this part of the promo is more open to abuse than cash and mtts with the potential for collusion in hu and dyms.

Really hope im wrong as its a fantastic prize and so good to see the return of team sky poker.
  • edited December 2014
    It looks like only hu and dyms count.  Q1 not 6max? Q2 will it be profit in the games or returns? If its returns only then it does become a bit of a roll and volume race. It looks to me that this part of the promo is more open to abuse than cash and mtts with the potential for collusion in hu and dyms. Really hope im wrong as its a fantastic prize and so good to see the return of team sky poker.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hi Phantom,

I don't exactly know what SNG's are, or are not, part of the Promo, but they will all be specifically flagged, & only those will count.

Once it starts (00.01, Jan 1st) we will all be able to clearly see what is, or is not, included, by the "flags".

It is "points based" not ROI.

If anyone sees "suspicious activity" in HU's etc, they should report it to CC, & I believe that "Security" will be monitoring as best as they are able.

It is quite hard these days to give away £27,000 without upsetting a few, I'm afraid, & with so much money on offer, some folks are bound to try & abuse it.

We live in strange times.  

• edited December 2014
    It looks like only hu and dyms count.  Q1 not 6max? Q2 will it be profit in the games or returns? If its returns only then it does become a bit of a roll and volume race. It looks to me that this part of the promo is more open to abuse than cash and mtts with the potential for collusion in hu and dyms. Really hope im wrong as its a fantastic prize and so good to see the return of team sky poker.
    Posted by Phantom66

It's really a case of 'keeping it simple' in that we will be creating new games for this, specifically with two very (if not the most) popular formats. Having too many additional ones for various formats would clutter the lobby. 
  • edited December 2014
    Meanwhile, £27,000 worth of UKPC seats & cash are up for grabs, see THIS . Good luck all!
    Posted by Tikay10
    TK, am I mis-underpitating the promotion?

I read it as 4 weeks of 'competition' in each format, therefore 12 weeks in total, and £5,000 given away each week in seats and money. 

So that would total 12 x £5k = £60,000?

The £27k figure suggests I may have interpreted it wrongly? 60k does seem alot!
  • edited December 2014
    Shame.

It looks suspiciously like my Main/Mini Leaderboard!

Knew I should've copy-protected it ;)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners : TK, am I mis-underpitating the promotion? I read it as 4 weeks of 'competition' in each format, therefore 12 weeks in total, and £5,000 given away each week in seats and money.  So that would total 12 x £5k = £60,000? The £27k figure suggests I may have interpreted it wrongly? 60k does seem alot!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Apologies Mr Dohhhhhh, it is me who got confused, not you, my mind is getting befuddled by all the chuntering elsewhere today. 

As far as I know, each "League" (Cash, SNG & MTT) is seperate, & consists of 4 x 1 week Leagues.

The Promo Pages for each (Cash/SNG/MTT) EACH state....

"4 UKPC seats & £15,000 up for grabs".

I'm not honestly sure where £15,000 comes from, as it seems to suggest £4,000 per week, so 4 x £4,000 = £16,000.

Each week alongside the 1st place prize, the tournament league
    will have £4000 up for grabs

Each week alongside the 1st place prize, the Sit & Go league has £4000 up for grabs

Alongside the 1st place prize, the
    cash league
    will have £4000 up for grabs

Tell you what, here are the three links to each Promo, for avoidance of doubt! Prob best to ignore me......

CASH

SNG

MTT

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners : Apologies Mr Dohhhhhh, it is me who got confused, not you, my mind is getting befuddled by all the chuntering elsewhere today.  As far as I know, each "League" (Cash, SNG & MTT) is seperate, & consists of 4 x 1 week Leagues.   The Promo Pages for each (Cash/SNG/MTT) EACH state.... "4 UKPC seats & £15,000 up for grabs". I'm not honestly sure where £15,000 comes from, as it seems to suggest £4,000 per week, so 4 x £4,000 = £16,000. Each week alongside the 1st place prize, the tournament league will have £4000 up for grabs Each week alongside the 1st place prize, the Sit & Go league has £4000 up for grabs Alongside the 1st place prize, the cash league will have £4000 up for grabs Tell you what, here are the three links to each Promo, for avoidance of doubt! Prob best to ignore me...... CASH SNG MTT
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you for your swift responses Tikay! It really is much appreciated. Just to be clear, the HU SNG and the DYM SNG will run along side each other? Or will one week be HU and another DYM?

Patwalshh
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: FOA Sky & Potential 'Team Sky Poker' Promo Runners : Thank you for your swift responses Tikay! It really is much appreciated. Just to be clear, the HU SNG and the DYM SNG will run along side each other? Or will one week be HU and another DYM? Patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh

YW Pat.

As far as I can see, yes, all ELIGIBLE SNG's will count, & run at the same time, not on different weeks.

Once the clock turns Midnight on New Years Eve (I assume) all the eligible SNG's will be flagged, so there should be no confusion once it starts.

Good luck, hope to see you at UKPC.

• edited December 2014
    Just to be clear currently DYMS have 10% rake so will carry on being £5.50 £11 and £22...Are the team sky poker HUSNGs going to be raked at 10% as well? 
  • edited December 2014
    Just to be clear currently DYMS have 10% rake so will carry on being £5.50 £11 and £22...Are the team sky poker HUSNGs going to be raked at 10% as well? 
    Posted by nickd49931
    Sorry, I have no idea.

We will know soon enough though, when the appropriate ones are flagged.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Sky.

I have a couple of gripes about this promotion...

1. The promotion is advertised as Sky Poker looking for "the cream of the crop" to join them on their poker team which one would assume consists of poker professionals. Apparently players have the chance to "show off their poker abilities" by playing selective games in the lobby.

All this suggests that the promotion would be about skill levels and looking for the best players across the network, but infact it is just a rake race. One could, in theory, enter every single game going, sit out, and be top of the league to win a place amongst your professionals on the team - this has absolutely nothing to do with "showcasing abilities" or being the "cream of the crop". It just means that player is capable of entering the table win or lose, and obviously the promotion rewards those who play most.

2. What is the point of running the selected games alongside the exact same games which aren't in the promotion? I.e a "TSP £5.50 DYM" as well as a non promotion "£5.50 DYM"? Surely it is just easier to make all the games part of the promotion and say today its all DYM's, tomorrow its all HU's etc?

I was watching the lobby earlier, and the non promotion £5.50 dym actually filled up faster than the promotion version!!! The end result is that both tables take longer to load as it spreads the traffic.

Thankyou however for giving us the opportunity to win some bonus money.

J x
  • edited January 2015
    Tho, Tenerife is always nice this time of year:)