You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash advice

I was just wondering what amount of big blinds should I be aiming at getting per hour on the cash tables. I heard Hartigan say its how the best players judge their performance, or something like that lol.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• edited January 2010

I dont think u shud be aiming to earn so much in 1 hour....Maybe at the end of the week add up ur hours and figure out ur profit per hour..I hope this is what u mean???.....

If so I apologise, just wanted to make sure...

N the answer is, I dont know! Was sat at a cash tabe with 30 quid the other day and after 3 hours, I had £38 - having not topped up or reloaded. After 3 hours and 1 minute, I had £30 after a bluff went wrong, and after 4 hours, I had £110, so I wudnt get too worried about slow spells, theres always a good spot around the corner....

Personally I just aim to win, Im not really bothered how quickly Im winning, as long as my balance keeps going up by the end of each session, Im a happy chappy.

Be interested to know what the high rollers make of this question though...

DOHH

• edited January 2010

Cheers, and yes it is an average figure over a period of time.

• edited January 2010
    Just calculated mine and it's 17.2 per hour, although I've only played 11hr 30mins of cash lol. Also this would probably get more complicated when playing multiple tables.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi

I wouldn't get too worried about that, There is a stat on HEM that gives you the bb's you make per 100 hands and people will look at this at the end of a session to get an idea how they are doing but I don't worry about it. Like Dough said, just look at your results at the end of a sesion/day/week/month and and as long as the balance is going up, that should be enough.
    If you start trying to make a certain number of BB per hour you'll end up doing moves you shouldn't be doing just becuause you want to make 10 bb's and you've only made 5 that hour.

I think the said presenter was meaning more to look back on this type of info rather than bothering with it while you're playing.

Salazar
  • edited January 2010

Big Blind per 100 hand Win rates (In 6max a hour is about 100 hands on average.)

5 bb/100= good
    10bb/100=great
    20bb/100=CRUSHING!!!

Sample
    20,000 hands=ok
    50,000 hands=good
    100,000+=great

• edited January 2010
    depends how many tables your playing, but unless you are multi-tabling and really getting the hours in it isn't something you need to worry about because you will be playing s few hands that the stats will be meaningless, as variance wouldn't have had a chance to perform its amazing work.
  • edited January 2010
    Scotty has got it spot on here. I'd play for as long as possible in the good games and beat it for as much as you can. Conversely, realise when you're being outclassed/running like molasses/couldn't hit the backside of a buffalo with a banjo and get out for the minimum losses. That way you win as much as possible.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash advice:
    Big Blind per 100 hand Win rates ( In 6max a hour is about 100 hands on average.) 5 bb/100= good 10bb/100=great 20bb/100=CRUSHING!!! Sample 20,000 hands=ok 50,000 hands=good 100,000+=great
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    I'm playing mainly on 10-seaters currently so get less hands per hour, although I find it better starting out as you get blinded a lot less for the amount of hands you see.