You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A truly surreal experience

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat

A very strange few days indeed for me. 

I suffer from the same delusions of competency as most poker players but realise that i am not as good as i would like to think i am.

Got very lucky on monday and grabbed myself free entry to the Tuesday mini.

Got my realistic head on and hoped against hope to run well and get a min cash. Would have been great for zero outlay.

Went through the 700+ runner field quite nicely and somehow chipped up so was in the top 10 at bubble time. With this being NLHE(my weakest discipline) and a tourny(my weakest format) i was amazed to be doing so well. As with all things dished out a few beats and took a few as well.

Then as we got deeper strange things happened. People actually railed the table i was on and wished me luck. This is when the likes of tommyd and divsdreams were going well.

Then the dream was achieved and i made it to the FT, very short stacked but i had got there. 

I am there playing this with skypoker legends tommyd and others, with mattbates railing us.
Am not a big player and probably never will be, but this gave me my moment in the sun. Nice to see how the other half live if only for a little while.

Crashed out in 6th, no real bad beat but just wish it happened via a gutshot coming in. But £146 pound in the BR and my moment of feeling like a big player. Give me a few years and i might just manage it again

And whilst this was happening won another free entry to sundays mini. Sometimes it is just all roses

Comments