You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro stakes mentality

Micro stakes mentality, really what did this player think the player shoved with and with a player left to act, what was he beating, typical micro stakes player and worse shockingly bad play rewarded.

Hand History #855605496 (23:20 30/12/2014)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GinaFredSmall blind £0.05£0.05£41.78
cancer2Big blind £0.10£0.15£3.34
 Your hole cards

-ACERAG-Fold    
ross007Raise £1.90£2.05£6.37
New_BreedFold    
WANTAFLOPCall £1.90£3.95£21.90
GinaFredFold    
cancer2Call £1.80£5.75£1.54
Flop

• A

cancer2Check    
ross007All-in £6.37£12.12£0.00
WANTAFLOPCall £6.37£18.49£15.53
cancer2All-in £1.54£20.03£0.00
cancer2Show
  • Q
  • A

ross007Show
  • J
  • J

WANTAFLOPShow

Turn

River

• K

WANTAFLOPWinThree 2s£18.63 £34.16

Comments

• edited December 2014
    What does it matter to you? You want micro stakes players to play perfect poker?
  • edited January 2015
    neva fold da quacksssssss!
    lovin ya werk wannaflop!

;)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality:
    What does it matter to you? You want micro stakes players to play perfect poker?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

No.
  • edited January 2015
    neva fold da quacksssssss! lovin ya werk wannaflop! ;)
    Posted by mrsduck
    wannaflop must have been under the influence of something as he would call a all in with any 2 all the time, good for the game i suppose.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : wannaflop must have been under the influence of something as he would call a all in with any 2 all the time, good for the game i suppose.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Did you win any of his monies?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : Did you win any of his monies?
    Posted by mrsduck
    I'm gonna guess no.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : Did you win any of his monies?
    Posted by mrsduck
    A bit, but he was insane all in nearly every hand. Got to love the micro stakes mentality.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : A bit, but he was insane all in nearly every hand. Got to love the micro stakes mentality.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    In all seriousness, I think you have a bit of that mentality. The fact you've posted that hand above cements it for me. If I was in that hand and saw that, I'd have a wry smile to myself and be happy to be on that table. I certainly wouldn't come straight to BBV with the HH and lamenting people's play.

What did you want/hope to achieve by posting this? Serious question for ya.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : In all seriousness, I think you have a bit of that mentality. The fact you've posted that hand above cements it for me. If I was in that hand and saw that, I'd have a wry smile to myself and be happy to be on that table. I certainly wouldn't come straight to BBV with the HH and lamenting people's play. What did you want/hope to achieve by posting this? Serious question for ya.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Many thanks for the constructive comments, as always your input is much appreciated. 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : Many thanks for the constructive comments, as always your input much appreciated. 
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Why don't you answer the question? It's a genuine one.

If you want to improve your game in 2015, and I imagine you do as I'm sure you've hinted previously, you should probably knock stuff like the original post on the head. You might not think it's ''constructive'', but maybe you'll realise one day that it is.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : Why don't you answer the question? It's a genuine one. If you want to improve your game in 2015, and I imagine you do as I'm sure you've hinted previously, you should probably knock stuff like the original post on the head. You might not think it's ''constructive'', but maybe you'll realise one day that it is.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The post is just clarify to people who play at the micro stakes that playing at the micro stakes you have to know that your are going to come across many quality players such as the mentioned above, players playing just for fun, its only pennies players, just killing time, etc etc and have no understanding of the game what so ever and be prepared and can deal with it obviously better than me.

Agreed, I do want to improve my game and I know I am not going to do it playing at the micro stakes, it will hopefully act as a reminder and when I bust out a tourny and think ill play a bit of cash, to think will I be playing my A game (NO, that's if I have one ?) will I be learning anything (NO), will I get so frustrated with the standard of play (Yes)

So its the 1st Jan 2015, lets see how long I last before a Friday comes and I think to myself, its weekend no work in morning ill have a session playing a bit of cash, why not.
  • edited January 2015
    players playing just for fun, its only pennies players, just killing time, etc etc and have no understanding of the game what so ever and be prepared and can deal with it obviously better than me. Agreed, I do want to improve my game and I know I am not going to do it playing at the micro stakes,
    Who says they don't?  Just because they play different, doesn't mean they play wrong.
    Who is to say they don't understand the game?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro stakes mentality : Who says they don't?  Just because they play different, doesn't mean they play wrong. Who is to say they don't understand the game?
    Posted by MrWh1te

Play different, I suppose you could class it as that.
  • edited January 2015
    Generalizing about players just because they play smaller stakes than you is silly. Id bet there are plenty of micro stakes players who are capable of beating you.
  • edited January 2015
    yeah, I would fancy my chances :)
  • edited January 2015
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mojo785 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.11
    frankie700 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.01
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

ShaunyT Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £3.73
    v Raise  £0.50 £0.95 £13.36
    mojo785 Fold     
    frankie700 Fold     
    ShaunyT Raise  £0.70 £1.65 £3.03
    v Raise  £1.00 £2.65 £12.36
    ShaunyT All-in  £3.03 £5.68 £0.00
    v All-in  £12.36 £18.04 £0.00
    v Unmatched bet  £9.83 £8.21 £9.83
    ShaunyT Show
    • A
    • A

v Show

Flop

Turn

River

ShaunyT Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s £7.59  £7.59
    I know what you mean bro. But look at it as a positive  ;)

If only I had have had auto top up on, the hand before I lost most of my stack.
  • edited January 2015
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance mojo785 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £6.11 frankie700 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.01   Your hole cards A A       ShaunyT Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £3.73 v Raise   £0.50 £0.95 £13.36 mojo785 Fold         frankie700 Fold         ShaunyT Raise   £0.70 £1.65 £3.03 v Raise   £1.00 £2.65 £12.36 ShaunyT All-in   £3.03 £5.68 £0.00 v All-in   £12.36 £18.04 £0.00 v Unmatched bet   £9.83 £8.21 £9.83 ShaunyT Show A A       v Show 3 8       Flop     10 7 6       Turn     7       River     2       ShaunyT Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s £7.59   £7.59 I know what you mean bro. But look at it as a positive  ;) If only I had have had auto top up on, the hand before I lost most of my stack.
    Posted by ShaunyT

Good example mate, keep them coming, after all 8 high, why not.