You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

team sky sng promo

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
It's not clear which sngs count towards this, especially the HU games. (i assumed they would say in the lobby!)
Any ideas? 

Comments

• edited January 2015

Morning Poppy.

Have to say, I'm slightly befuddled, too. That's to say, more befuddled than normal.

I was under the same impression as you - that the "eligible" SNG's would be "tagged" or "flagged".

Anyway, at 07.17 this morning, I sent an urgent note up to Head Office, seeking some clarification.

Fingers crossed, I'll get a reply shortly, & I'll let you know what they say.

Apologies for the befuddleaments.

• edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015

I have had a "holding reply", & they are on the case, & I hope to hear further shortly.

I will let you all know.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to team sky sng promo:
    It's not clear which sngs count towards this, especially the HU games. (i assumed they would say in the lobby!) Any ideas? 
    Posted by poppy765
    check the lobby poppy
    they  are flagged like this ....  TSP Dbl Your Money
    Regards Alan
  • edited January 2015

As Alan said, they are being flagged with the "TSP" Prefix.

They are not all "flagged" yet, (those that qualify) but they are working on it, & all the appropriate ones should be flagged shortly.

• edited January 2015

Hi All and Happy new year.
    So if it doesn't have TSP before it doesn't count towards the Team sky poker Promotion?

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: team sky sng promo:
    Hi All and Happy new year. So if it doesn't have TSP before it doesn't count towards the Team sky poker Promotion?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Correct.

I should add that there are still some that await their "flags", (the TSP prefix) but it should be sorted shortly.
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks, the few that have been flagged are different to those listed on the promo page, and no hu have been flagged yet.
    Please could we find out how many ''points'' the lower tourneys are worth especially the HU ones?
    the promo suggests a new (independent) points system...

(i hope noone has been grinding since midnight!)
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks, the few that have been flagged are different to those listed on the promo page, and no hu have been flagged yet. Please could we find out how many ''points'' the lower tourneys are worth especially the HU ones? the promo suggests a new (independent) points system... (i hope noone has been grinding since midnight!)
    Posted by poppy765
    A friend of mine has, and has 1,200 points already. 

He assumed it'd be a sky error and that the games that should've counted towards the leaderboard would eventually be counted when the error was realised and fixed. 

Will this happen?

(he's forum banned, hence me posting on his behalf)

Thanks
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks, the few that have been flagged are different to those listed on the promo page, and no hu have been flagged yet. Please could we find out how many ''points'' the lower tourneys are worth especially the HU ones? the promo suggests a new (independent) points system... (i hope noone has been grinding since midnight!)
    Posted by poppy765
    Thanks Poppy.

In what way are they "different" to the Promo Page, please?

The HU ones which meet the criteria will be flagged in due course, bear with them please.

I don't know how many points are awarded per DYM beyond the £5, £10 & £20 listed, but I'll try & find out. 

• edited January 2015
    So if I play a TSP £33 DYM IT WOULD BE worth 20 points to the league table?

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: team sky sng promo : A friend of mine has, and has 1,200 points already.  He assumed it'd be a sky error and that the games that should've counted towards the leaderboard would eventually be counted when the error was realised and fixed.  Will this happen? (he's forum banned, hence me posting on his behalf) Thanks
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I wish I could assist directly, but he'll have to contact Customer Care.

Much as I'd like to help, it's really beyond my remit, & I'll get summarily shot if I meddle in these matters. I'm just trying to answer questions, but I can't get involved in areas beyond that, I have no power or authority so to do.   

AFAIK, it is ONLY those as specified on the Promo Page.
  • edited January 2015
    60 POINTS I MEAN ?
  • edited January 2015
    So if I play a TSP £33 DYM IT WOULD BE worth 20 points to the league table?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    I am trying to find that out right now Timmy.

The "examples" shown on the Promo Page are...

£5 = 15

£10 = 30

£20 = 60

I would assume that all QUALIFYING SNG's (i.e., those that have the TSP prefix) are awarded points on the same pro-rata basis, but I'm trying to find out.

Hopefully, someone wil clarify these questions shortly.

If anyone is in doubt, the correct channel is "Customer Care", I don't have any say in these things really.

• edited January 2015
    Thanks,
    I thought the promo page suggested it was only 5,11,and 22 quid dyms but the micro are now included
    for those three examples the point awarded are proportional to rake- however the micros pay higher rake and the hu far less rake so it is a mystery what they would be worth under this new system...

• edited January 2015
    60 POINTS I MEAN ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    For a £33er?

Well I'm not 100% sure, but a £20er is worth 60 points, so I would have THOUGHT that a £30er was worth 90. That's just an uninformed guess, perhaps you should ask CC?

• edited January 2015
    Thanks, I thought the promo page suggested it was only 5,11,and 22 quid dyms but the micro are now included for those three examples the point awarded are proportional to rake- however the micros pay higher rake and the hu far less rake so it is a mystery what they would be worth under this new system...
    Posted by poppy765
    I assumed that those £5, £10 & £20 ones listed on the Promo Page were just "examples", & it carried across to all buy-in levels.
  • edited January 2015

I have had it confirmed, players will get "triple" for the Promo, no matter what the Buy-In level.

So....

£5 = 15

£10 = 30

£20 = 60

£30 = 90

...and so on.

That's my understanding, but if in doubt, please speak to Customer Care.

These are NOT "Reward Points", they are points for the TSP Promo.

• edited January 2015
    Thank you for your help Tikay and a happy new year.
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you for your help Tikay and a happy new year.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    No worries Timmy, HNY to you, too.

rara
  • edited January 2015
    thanks tikay, i'm still unclear about what the hu sngs are worth, the promo page says hu games are included.

• edited January 2015
    thanks tikay, i'm still unclear about what the hu sngs are worth, the promo page says hu games are included.  
    Posted by poppy765
    I think HU games are worth the same as it appears to be done on prize contribution rather than rake. 

So £20 dym and £20 HU sng give the same amount of leaderboard points despite dyms being 10% rake and HU sngs 5%. 

------

@ TK I didnt expect you to have the answers, but eventually someone will get to the thread who might be able to shed some light as it's an unfortunate spot for him. 

------

Hoping this generates some good HU sng action this month, gl all, cu at the tables :D
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by poppy765
    For the HU's which meet the criteria (those with the TSP Prefix) I would have thought it was the same as regular SNG's, i.e., triple, but don't take that as official.

If I was not the world's worst HU player, I'd play a little one now, just to check that. But I am...... 

• edited January 2015
    not that it matters, apparently we're 5k behind before the promo has actually started,
    anyway thanks for trying tikay, without you we'd be twisting in the wind... 
  • edited January 2015
    Nice for sky to give the DYMers a headstart, should make it interesting