You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP SNG Promo - corrections, clarifications, & excuses......

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

There were threads galore about the TSP SNG Promo yesterday (7 at the last count) & I tried to answer all of the questions & queries. I got most of the answers right, but not all of them.

Correction

For now, ONLY TSP Branded SNG's @ £5.50, £11 & £22 count towards the Promo. Yesterday I said it was "all Buy-In Levels".

In fact there were other Buy-In Levels running yesterday (& earlier this morning) which DID count, but these have now been removed. They MAY be re-introduced at a later stage.

Clarification

I did stress, repeatedly, that only SNG''s prefixed with "TSP" will count. That remains the case. If it is not prefixed "TSP", then it does not count towards the Promo.

Excuses

Not my best day yesterday, but it was New Years Day, & so not all staff were in the office, understandably.

I always stress "PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE", & that is the official line. My replies are intended to be helpful, but I don't have an "Official" right to reply to the various questions that arise, I just like to try & help where I can.

Apologies if I inadvertently misled anyone.

The TSP SNG Promo Page, so you can check for yourselves, is HERE

Comments

• edited January 2015
    One for upstairs Tony

Still a £55 jobbie in the lobby.

TSP Dbl Your Money

Registration Open

Buy-In
    £50 + £5
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: TSP SNG Promo - corrections, clarifications, & excuses......:
    One for upstairs Tony Still a £55 jobbie in the lobby. TSP Dbl Your Money Registration Open Buy-In £50 + £5
    Posted by VespaPX
    Ha, thanks Mick.

I guess if it runs, it counts.

Nobody has regged for it yet though, so it may just disappear quietly into the night.
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks for your help Tikay. It's completely absurd that HU hypers count toward the promo but turbo dyms don't. That really is illogical to me.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: TSP SNG Promo - corrections, clarifications, & excuses......:
    Thanks for your help Tikay. It's completely absurd that HU hypers count toward the promo but turbo dyms don't. That really is illogical to me.
    Posted by patwalshh
    No worries Pat.

I don't know the dynamics, tbh, but I daresay there is a reason, & some logic to it, there generally is.

It's a pretty good Promo, overall, with tons of value, so I hope we don't all get hung up on the detail. 

See you at UKPC, right? I might just rise to that "bait" you dangled in front of me the other day, too, & try for Prio one month. If I put my mind to it, I'd do it. I would. Quite how much I'd lose along the way is another matter......  
  • edited January 2015
    There will never be conditons where by everyone is happy. However just seems unfair that certain players can earn 750 points an hour playing heads up hypers, and only 250 playing DYMs. I believe that allowing turbo DYMs would even this out somewhat.

I'm behind the curve, so please excuse me if this has already been made clear, but is there going to be a leaderboard so you can track your daily progress in the promotion verses other players?

I'll be seeing you at the UKPC Tikay! Good luck with the grind and happy new year.
  • edited January 2015
    There will never be conditons where by everyone is happy. However just seems unfair that certain players can earn 750 points an hour playing heads up hypers, and only 250 playing DYMs. I believe that allowing turbo DYMs would even this out somewhat. I'm behind the curve, so please excuse me if this has already been made clear, but is there going to be a leaderboard so you can track your daily progress in the promotion verses other players? I'll be seeing you at the UKPC Tikay! Good luck with the grind and happy new year.
    Posted by patwalshh
    As far as I know (which may not mean much....) there will be a Daily Leaderboard for all 3 parallel Promos. I'm not 100% certain on that, but fingers crossed.

The "Cash" Leaderboard for yesterday (Jan 1st) is already up.
  • edited January 2015
    Just reading this now....so whoever earns the most poker points makes team sky poker? So you could be rubbish but just spend alot and you make the team?

Please tell me I'm missing something? I thought you had to be good to make team sky poker?

Ger
  • edited January 2015

The Leaderboards for CASH & MTT's are now up.

The Leaderboards for SNG's will not commence until Monday, but all being well, they will be daily thereafter.

The Cash Leaderboard after Day One is HERE

The MTT Leaderboard after Day One is HERE 
  • edited January 2015
    For the SNG promotion you need a roll and plenty of time on your hands.

Skill would help a lot - as without it you are liable to lose more than you gain - there is only £1k prize up top (and a rolled but not very good player would be dead money walking at the UKPC). The prize money tails off pretty steeply too.

I always say this is Sky's money to give away as they please - and at least it is a chance for non-cash grinders to get something.

The Cash league is pure points and we are used to those.

While to win a MTT spot you will need skill, a roll will help + a dollop of rungood with only 14 events counting.

I concede that the blurb about Team Sky Poker and picking the cream of the crop is a bit misleading - especially so for those of us who can remember the earlier versions of TSP.

Let's just keep some perspective and remember these promotions are there primarily for one thing and that is to create volume on the tables - the easiest way to do that is to reward volume so I get where Sky are coming from here.

• edited January 2015
    I think people are getting a little hung up on the ''joining TSP'' aspect of it.

You basically win a 1k seat and wear a Sky hoody when you play. It's not like some 12 month gig where you're repping the site at numerous live events etc.

Get grinding people!
  • edited January 2015
    Just reading this now....so whoever earns the most poker points makes team sky poker? So you could be rubbish but just spend alot and you make the team? Please tell me I'm missing something? I thought you had to be good to make team sky poker? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi Ger,

I am not in a position to debate the pros & cons really, & I'll likely get shot if I tried to.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, for sure, but everyone has the option to take part, or not, as they prefer. There is a serious amount of money on offer though, so it can't be all bad.  
  • edited January 2015
    Oh sorry dont get me wrong ....of course I respect what is being done. I just misunderstood I thought playing on team sky poker was a big honour....maybe Im mixing it up with something else.

Ger
  • edited January 2015
    Oh sorry dont get me wrong ....of course I respect what is being done. I just misunderstood I thought playing on team sky poker was a big honour....maybe Im mixing it up with something else. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    If someone wants to give me a £1,000 Seat for free, & I get VIP Treatment whilst at the UKPC, with the chance of winning £200,000 included, I'd be honoured, to be honest.....;)

I get your point, of course, but that's how these things generally work.