You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Sky Poker DYMs Promotion

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

I juts wanted to clarify the terms of the promotion, supposedly "Team Sky Poker" is supposed to be the Cream of Crop. As far as I can see its looks like the more you play the more points you earn, nothing to so with skill or return on Investment. It looks like winning the DYM has nothing to do with achieving points, it just the taking part that counts. To me that's very suspect.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/TSPsng

Surely a player who sits at 4 x £5.50 TSP DYM's and wins all 4 (getting 60 points)is better and should get more points then someone who sits at 1 x £22 TSP DYM and looses (getting 60 points).

If you ever really want to get the "cream of crop" you need to stop and think about this, does team Sky Poker want players who simply have a bankroll or players with a bit of ability?

Your thoughts on this matter welcomed 

Comments

• edited January 2015
    My personal opinion is that it should be a mixture of both, I would give it to whoever earns the most points but also ends the week in profit.

If it was just performance based then I very much doubt it would benefit Sky at all.
  • edited January 2015
    Kinda agree, have been grinding a little today on DYM SnG's but my bankroll just doesn't allow me to get to the £22 buy-ins.

I stepped up to £11s to try and rack up some points, and I've doubled up in 6/7 tournaments - but as you say I'm still behind someone with a big bankroll who is playing 2x £22s...

I did wonder thought whether the points are awarded if you actually cash, or if you just play - it's not massively clear...
  • edited January 2015
    is there anyway of checking the league standings or your points ?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker DYMs Promotion:
    is there anyway of checking the league standings or your points ?
    Posted by RoofRack

Hi roof.

The SNG standings will be published on Monday.

The league tables for Cash, and MTT's have been published (for January 1st) already.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker DYMs Promotion:
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker DYMs Promotion : Hi roof. The SNG standings will be published on Monday. The league tables for Cash, and MTT's have been published (for January 1st) already.
    Posted by Tikay10

thanks tikay :)