You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would you Adam and Eve it.

1st Jan 2015, first tourny win for 2015, no more micro stakes cash, tournys the way forward for me.

Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue

-ACERAG-2700001£37.12 + £14.68 Head Prizes6 
MCCAFF02£22.41 + £9.98 Head Prizes7 
Chidders03£13.77 + £3.99 Head Prizes4 
phil_k04£10.94 + £6.65 Head Prizes5 
CASTLE2305£9.31 + £7.80 Head Prizes6 
tangosi106£7.83 + £0.75 Head Prizes1

Comments

• edited January 2015

Congrats man. It's nice to see the occasional brag post in amongst the hundreds of variance and beats! 
  • edited January 2015
    Nice win, great for the confidence too
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Would you Adam and Eve it.:
    Congrats man. It's nice to see the occasional brag post in amongst the hundreds of variance and beats! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Many thanks DOHHHHHHH, reviewing my hand history I played ok, but not as well as I should have been. Playing micro stakes cash has affected my game all round, after more bad beats than hot dinners, the knock on effect has been limping in to many pots, when i should have been raising and my bet sizing for value betting was slightly lower than it should have been, due to the fear of been called by any 2, This is definitely a weakness and needs addressing. Here's to many more brags post and less beats.

• edited January 2015
    Bad beats are going to happen whatever you do. However you play, tight/loose, passive/aggressive they're impossible to avoid, so it's pointless trying. So you need to focus all your efforts into trying to win the most chips on the occasions that they don't get lucky (it happens more than you think!)

Whenever you're playing small stakes in any format, just bet big with big hands. 

When players get lucky against your big hand they're probably going to get all of your chips. 

When players don't get lucky against your big hand, we need to make sure that we get all or most of their chips. 

We can't do that by betting small and been tentative/paranoid and letting them off the hook. 

If they're willing to make big mistakes by piling lots of money or chips in hoping to get lucky then we need to punish that!

Hopefully the win brings back some faith and you can go back to playing and betting with some confidence again. gl
  • edited January 2015
    Bad beats happen at all levels, it's not just restricted to the micro stake levels.

Are you basing playing tournaments now after winning one? Whilst this probably isn't wise, if you can't beat 2/4p on the site then you should look at more MTTs.

Listen to Dohhhhhhh.

Well done, you've won more tournaments than me this year ;)
  • edited January 2015

Dohhhhhh wrote....

"...Whenever you're playing small stakes in any format, just bet big with big hands.

We can't do that by betting small and been tentative/paranoid and letting them off the hook...!

He is 100% correct.

Go for it if you have a hand. Your edge is never hiuge, but you have an edge, & you have to exploit it.

Sure, you'll take a beat or two along the road, so be it, that will happen at ANY Level.

The maths don't lie. GET it in good often enough, & you MUST win over the long term.

• edited January 2015
    Thanks for the input people, I have started to focus on the math's side and been happy if I got my chips in good and get out drawn "that's poker". Just when you run deep in tornys and the 2 or 3 outer comes is always be sole destroying.

One of my main barriers/bench marks in poker is having a very close relative who has has some massive scores on here 2 SPT, numerous 1st in big tounys who introduced me to the wonderful game. That has set the bar quite high. I also know I am a better player than him, having sat many night playing online poker and discussing hands and plays etc only for him to make the wrong one. So this only adds to the frustration when the bad beats come.

So I ask my self what keeps me coming back I don't think its the gambling aspect, because I don't like to use the gamble aspect in poker, I would rather say poker is taking calculated risks, so it must be the desire to learn and improve.