You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good month

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Posted around a month ago having a total whinge about my game, and how I wasn't enjoying playing etc etc....

Basically got some great advice on here (especially from devonfish) which made me realise one aspect specifically. Start enjoying the game again. Before this I was too quick to jump on the chatbox and start berating players.

From this change of thinking I've had a brilliant 4 weeks in the games I play.

The highlights have been,

Nine cashes in the £100 deep stack with a total of £230 in winnings, best I had was 3rd in yesterdays afternoon one and
1st last night.
Biggest achievement was sat'ing into the super roller a couple of weeks ago for £3 and coming 13th for £290.

Still need to fix one major leak in my game which is still CASH!!! just cant resist doubling peoples buyin on the 2/4 tables.

Here's to 2015.

Comments

• edited January 2015

Delighted for you, Karim.

This really is the key.....

"...Start enjoying the game again....."

Never forget that, it's the key to the game for most of us, & it makes a HUGE difference. The only other thing even nearly as important is playing within our means. It "hurts" so much more when we play above our 'roll. When we play well within our 'roll, we can easily shrug the beats off with a rueful smile, "next case".

Hope you continue to enjoy the wonderful game.