You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's)

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello All,

There seems to be a bit of ambiguity regarding how league points are earned in the Sit & Go League of the new Team Sky Poker promotion. Just to clarify, points are earned if you win the Sit & Go. 
If you play a Double Your Money you will have to place in the money to earn any league points. If you play the Heads Up Sit & Go's you must win outright to earn the league points.

Just to reiterate, this is not a volume based promotion. Points are not earned purely based on the number of Sit & Go's you play, you must place in the money (effectively win) to earn the league points.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask and a member of the Sky Poker team will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,
Kirsty

Comments

• edited January 2015
    kirsty,why only hypers in heads up,why no turbo speed or standard?
  • edited January 2015
    Nice to see a league table like cash and tournis have sign
  • edited January 2015
    And why no turbo DYMs?

I was also under the impression that a league standings for SNGs would be posted this week? I was just curious to see just how mad players are going for the promo.
  • edited January 2015

Thank you Kirsty I think that sounds a lot better.
    When will the leaderboard be posted?

• edited January 2015
    It still based on volume really, last year it was on your roi of 15 games, this year u could play 50 an win 50 an still not get a chance to be up there! 
  • edited January 2015
    Glad to hear you only get the points if you win, this does make a difference.

I can the see the tournament leader board under the promotions page, but I cant see a see any type of leaderboards for TSP DYM sit n gos.

Also can you clarify if Head Up Sit and Gos will have their own leaderboard or are the points accumulated alongside DYM sit n gos.

Personally I would assume that Heads Up would be separate, any clarification would be great.

Regards, Scampy
  • edited January 2015
    Looks like nutter and pingu wont be getting much sleep for the rest of the week. GL.

@scampy seems pretty clear that there is only 1 table with points from HU and DYM both counting.

s/scope and find player may give you an idea of where the leaders are getting their volume from.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's):
    kirsty,why only hypers in heads up,why no turbo speed or standard?
    Posted by mkgunner
    Hi Mkgunner,

We chose to solely reward Hyper Head's Up as this game format seems to be the most popular type of HU Sit and Go. We wanted to make sure we're rewarding people for playing their favourite games that they enjoy the most!

Kind Regards,
    Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    And why no turbo DYMs? I was also under the impression that a league standings for SNGs would be posted this week? I was just curious to see just how mad players are going for the promo.
    Posted by patwalshh
    Hello Patwalshh,

We chose to solely reward Standard DYM Sit and Go's as these seem to be our most popular format of DYM. We wanted to reward players for playing their favourite games that they love the most!

In terms of the Sit and Go leaderboard this should be on the promotion page now. You can see it here > https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/TSPsng

Kind Regards,
    Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : Hello Patwalshh, We chose to solely reward Standard DYM Sit and Go's as these seem to be our most popular format of DYM. We wanted to reward players for playing their favourite games that they love the most! In terms of the Sit and Go leaderboard this should be on the promotion page now. You can see it here >  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/TSPsng Kind Regards, Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    I love PLO8 DYM's but not included :-(
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : I love PLO8 DYM's but not included :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    You seemed to have missed highighting this bit...

"as these seem to be our most popular format of DYM"

(which as a fellow plopper I sympathise with you but Sky have obviously gone for the add volume where there already is some route as opposed to trying to create volume where there isn't).

Incidentally it would be good to see a 6max promo somewhere along the line but that suffers the same fate in a popularity contest.

Wow being so anti-mainstream I must be the coolest kid in town - or the lonely loser with no friends...oh wait that'll be it

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : You seemed to have missed highighting this bit... " as these seem to be our most popular format of DYM" (which as a fellow plopper I sympathise with you but Sky have obviously gone for the add volume where there already is some route as opposed to trying to create volume where there isn't). Incidentally it would be good to see a 6max promo somewhere along the line but that suffers the same fate in a popularity contest. Wow being so anti-mainstream I must be the coolest kid in town - or the lonely loser with no friends...oh wait that'll be it
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yep saw that, but when Kirsty mentioned "Standard" i thought it meant not turbo or speed DYM's.
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you Kirsty I think that sounds a lot better. When will the leaderboard be posted?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Hello TimmyRaRa,

The Sit and Go leaderboard is available to view on the promotional page here> https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/TSPsng

Kind Regards,
    Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    Glad to hear you only get the points if you win, this does make a difference. I can the see the tournament leader board under the promotions page, but I cant see a see any type of leaderboards for TSP DYM sit n gos. Also can you clarify if Head Up Sit and Gos will have their own leaderboard or are the points accumulated alongside DYM sit n gos. Personally I would assume that Heads Up would be separate, any clarification would be great. Regards, Scampy
    Posted by scampy_008
    Hello Scampy,

Both DYM's & HU Sit and Go's count towards the Sit and Go league as a whole. Both reward players with the same league points reflective of the level of buy-in. The promotions page has now been updated to avoid any further confusion - many thanks for pointing this out to us.

Kind Regards,
    Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    should just make all stt count not just some
  • edited January 2015
    should just make all stt count not just some
    Posted by mkgunner
    I will definitely feed this back to the Poker Operations team, we're always keen to hear what our community thinks about our promotions, so thank you for providing valuable feedback.

Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    Good Afternoon,

a little naughty to change the criteria when many players will have been playing for the past 5 days under the proviso that all sng dym earn points... 
    may i ask why it has taken 5 days of the promotion for a member of the skypoker team to advise players of this stipulation?

kind regards

• edited January 2015
    Some of these points totals end with digits other than 0 or 5. How is this the case when the only points available are 15, 30 or 60?
  • edited January 2015
    Good Afternoon, a little naughty to change the criteria when many players will have been playing for the past 5 days under the proviso that all sng dym earn points...  may i ask why it has taken 5 days of the promotion for a member of the skypoker team to advise players of this stipulation? kind regards
    Posted by prepared
    The criteria was clear that only sngs tagged TSP would count. There were some inconsistencies in which were tagged to start with but all seems clear now.
  • edited January 2015
    on the first day there were some £3.30 TSP dyms so i believe thats why 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : The criteria was clear that only sngs tagged TSP would count. There were some inconsistencies in which were tagged to start with but all seems clear now.
    Posted by Phantom66

Yes i am aware there was a slight issue until the morning/ early afternoon of the 1/1/15 where it wasn't expressed what sng dym will qualify and then tikay came out and advised people that it was just the ones with the TSP prefix, that part I am fine with, its the 'you only earnpoints' if you win which was not at all mentioned or alluded to on the original webpage and has taken 5 days for it to be updated.

just not good enough when there are many players spending a small fortune on the site to get up the leaderboard.

kind regards

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : Yes i am aware there was a slight issue until the morning/ early afternoon of the 1/1/15 where it wasn't expressed what sng dym will qualify and then tikay came out and advised people that it was just the ones with the TSP prefix, that part I am fine with, its the 'you only earnpoints' if you win which was not at all mentioned or alluded to on the original webpage and has taken 5 days for it to be updated. just not good enough when there are many players spending a small fortune on the site to get up the leaderboard. kind regards
    Posted by prepared

i see. I agree that wasnt clear. I assumed at first you needed to win to get the points but others assumed it was for playing. I would hope that anyone putting the volume in for this promotion is trying to win and staying within their bankroll and that should apply whether or not results or entries count.

• edited January 2015
    on the first day there were some £3.30 TSP dyms so i believe thats why 
    Posted by nickd49931
    Cheers Nick seems it got off to a bumpy start hopefully all makes sense now
  • edited January 2015
    How come,prizes have been awarded when the promotion for the week does not finish till the 7th?
  • edited January 2015
    How does one check how many points you have earned so far?
    So that you can carry on trying to hit the leaderboard or give it up as an impossible task.
  • edited January 2015
    How come,prizes have been awarded when the promotion for the week does not finish till the 7th?
    Posted by wynne1938
    They haven't been awarded. They are just the positions as they stand currently.
  • edited January 2015
    Good Afternoon, a little naughty to change the criteria when many players will have been playing for the past 5 days under the proviso that all sng dym earn points...  may i ask why it has taken 5 days of the promotion for a member of the skypoker team to advise players of this stipulation? kind regards
    Posted by prepared
    Hello Prepared,

It states in the Terms and Conditions:

5. Only Sit and Go's branded with Team Sky Poker will count towards earning league points. No others will be included. 
    This indicates to players that only certain types of Sit and Go's will be included. All Sit and Go's which are included are branded with 'TSP' in the poker lobby.

Apologies for any confusion this has caused. 
    Kind Regards, Kirsty

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : Hello Prepared, It states in the Terms and Conditions: 5. Only Sit and Go's branded with Team Sky Poker will count towards earning league points. No others will be included.  This indicates to players that only certain types of Sit and Go's will be included. All Sit and Go's which are included are branded with 'TSP' in the poker lobby. Apologies for any confusion this has caused.  Kind Regards, Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Hi Kirsty i think he was referring to having to win the sit and go, not the tsp bit
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker League Points Clarification (Sit & Go's) : Hello Prepared, It states in the Terms and Conditions: 5. Only Sit and Go's branded with Team Sky Poker will count towards earning league points. No others will be included.  This indicates to players that only certain types of Sit and Go's will be included. All Sit and Go's which are included are branded with 'TSP' in the poker lobby. Apologies for any confusion this has caused.  Kind Regards, Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty

Good Afternoon Kirsty,

I am not disputing the TSP element just the info relating to the 'points are only eanred for winning' TSP sng dym's. This info was only released yesterday at the beginning of this thread in fact.  I think in order of fairness the first 5 days should be totalled by number of games played and thereafter this 'new' rule should take effect from yesterday when the players were made aware of the 'win' criteria.  Its a question of integrity of the promotion.  The rules can't be 'finally'be set on day 5 of a promotion.  

kind regards
  • edited January 2015
    There are some 'normal' hypers back in the lobby now not titlted TSP. Presume these will not count towards the promo/are they meant to be there?