You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beats

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I'm sorry - but I've held back for long enough now.

There are far too many bad beats on this site. I've been playing poker for a long time now (on other sties), and I've seen my fare share.

But this site just seems to give out bad beats far too often. I've played 23 tournaments, and cashed in 1 of them I've either been crippled or knocked out by inferior hands. And - even in the tournament I won, I handed out some scary beats myself.

I've been watching for long enough - thinking - its just a phase - but the more I play the more often I'm seeing the worse hand come through.

I am tilting right now - because I am convinced that SkyPoker's software is fixed, I don't believe that this is a fair website

I'll calm down in the morning, but I'm convinced with the evidence I have seen that this isn't a fair website.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Bad Beats:
    I'm sorry - but I've held back for long enough now. There are far too many bad beats on this site. I've been playing poker for a long time now, and I've seen my fare share. But this site just seems to give out bad beats far too often. I've played 23 tournaments, and cashed in 1 of them I've either been crippled or knocked out by inferior hands. And - even in the tournament I won, I handed out some scary beats myself. I've been watching for long enough - thinking - its just a phase - but the more I play the more often I'm seeing the worse hand come through. I am tilting right now - because I am convinced that SkyPoker's software is fixed, I don't believe that this is a fair website I'll calm down in the morning, but I'm convinced with the evidence I have seen that this isn't a fair website.
    Posted by S1DEWINDER
    i agree but u will be shot down by others...
  • edited July 2009

I myself am going through a spell that my AQ is losing to the QJ's etc, I had 2 hands tonight - I had pocket Kings against a player all in with A4, they hit their Ace, then the very next hand, I was all in with A 10 against KK and their Kings held up. It is the way it goes.

But if you think about it, for every bit of bad luck someone gets, another person must get an equal amount of good luck, so going by that logic, how does it benifit sky giving good luck to some players and bad luck to others?

I seen an incredible hand tonight, the flop was K8*, the turn another King. All the money went in, one player turned KQ, one turned 88. The river was a King.
    This is the type of hand that some may use to argue that the site is fixed, but who gets the benifits? Sky? what would they get out of fixing a hand like this in the early stages of a tournament? The player that lost with the 8's got an extreme amount of bad luck but then that also means the player with the quad Kings got an equal amount of good luck that the card came.

I don't believe any poker site would fix hands, if it was uncovered that a site was doing it, everybody would withdraw their cash and never go near the site again. Would this be a benifit to the site? No.

I can understand how people can think poker sites are fixed because of an unfortunate sequence of cards but at the end of the day, there are only 52 cards in a deck, 5 have to be drawn - 10%, you see on the poker on TV, every hand has a % of winning, until it is 0%, the hand can still win, even if that means sometimes hitting runner runner, you might think it is a bad beat, most of the time runner runner is, but bad beats will happen and is nothing to base an arguement that a site is fixed on.

• edited July 2009

Great Post there Kev.

A friend of mine - Mickey Wernick - suffered a horrendous run in Live Poker in 2004, I think it was. He played every Fessie, & never made a single Final all year.

Then his luck turned, & he made 28 Ranking Finals in a year, & ended up as European Player of the Year.

Variance is a weird & wonderful thing.

It affects every player, Live & Online, at some stage, no matter how good - or bad - they are. Mickwy is a world-class player but he went almost a year without a Cash. Think about that. He's still around now, cashing regularly.

He has a little chunter when he's on a cooler, but he never stoops to suggesting the game is rigged. As you say, there is absolutely no motive for rigging a game which is not against the House. It's outwith my understanding how anyone could think otherwise.

We must look at ourselves sometimes, blaming others for our bad luck does not solve anything.

Sidewinder - I hope your luck changes soon fella. When it does - & it will - enjoy it.
  • edited July 2009
    Sidewinder - I've played numerous live events with commentary on 'all ins' (usually Tikay being MC) and you would be amazed at the number of 'bad beats'. One Sky SPUKT event at DTD, KK beat AA 8 times out of ten in a couple of hours. Yes against the odds but that is variance.
    The other problem is that many players cannot accept that even when you are 65/35 in front you are going to lose every third hand on average. So any 2 cards against AK/AQ is never that far behind.
    My own experience was that I went months with bad luck and suddenly it all changed and for the last 2 months I cant do a thing wrong.
    The secret is to just KEEP PLAYING YOUR OWN GAME come what may.
  • edited July 2009

I response to bad beats, i have had an unreal day/week. Is the site fixed? I am not sure it is, but today alone i have played 4 £10 pound double ups. I won 1 got donked in 1 and lost 2. The 2 i lost: no1 blinds 100/200 i am BB with 4 of us left. Position 1 raised to 600, pos 2 folds, SB  calls i have AA and go all in. No1 folds SB calls with QQ, FLOP is AQQ! and knocks me out, i did say NH and put it down to good cards, it happens. The 2nd one, still 6 left and the first 3 fold i am on the button and go all in with QQ, SB folds BB calls with 99, flop is Q49 turn a 4 river a 9! Are you sure? Twice in 4 games!!!!!!! I give up on that as a bad idea, and enter the £500 GTD deep stack as i normally do. The blinds are only 20/40 but the table is going mad with silly betting. I am SB got AA got 4300 and go all in hoping to take the pot of 1400. BB folds as do 3 others but SB calls. He has KK, and i think thank you very much. Oh dear, HOW STUPID OF ME!!! Flop is AQ 10, WOW what a flop! turn a K and yep river a K. Now i know it can happen, but 3 times in 5 games, do me a favour. Random generator my ****, if it is it needs the biggest kick possible by someone. Even better get a sledge hammer and smash that one to bits and get a new one. Now the other thing is people having AA cracked all the time myself included. Since last sunday i have kept a log of how many times i have had AA and well i have done with them. I must say how shocked i am, only had them 19 times and won with them TWICE. Again i know they get beaten and it is by no means a nailed on hand, but 10%? MMMMMMMM not sure what to think about skypokers or aldeny's random generator do you? Good luck at the tables, i think you might need it. BOSSBOX. 

• edited July 2009
    lose to quads 3 times in 5 games.....lol

"that's poker" - i don't think

ul mate

rng definately in need of an MOT
  • edited July 2009

I seen an incredible hand tonight, the flop was K8*, the turn another King. All the money went in, one player turned KQ, one turned 88. The river was a King.
    This is the type of hand that some may use to argue that the site is fixed, but who gets the benifits? Sky? what would they get out of fixing a hand like this in the early stages of a tournament? The player that lost with the 8's got an extreme amount of bad luck but then that also means the player with the quad Kings got an equal amount of good luck that the card came.

I had similar situation other night-  I had A 10  -  raised and was called-  flop came A 5 10   i went allin  hoping he had A and he probably call.  He did call with A 8. Turn came another 10 - I had full house he had a pair of Aces. River gave out the last A so pot was split. The only card in pack to save him like your situation Kev . odds of what 45-1? But that is going to happen 1 in 45 times before river, thousands of hands played daily so no surprise when it happens. I have played enough games to know it happens and dont automatically think site was fixed. But this was a hard one to take after having full house, However, strangly the odds were even better for me before i got the 10 and full house on turn.

i had one other weird hand- i had 33 low stacked in tournment had to go allin , not sure if i was covering BB at time so knew i was going out as would have had a couple of callers- Came up aginst BB who had 22, not that it was going to matter if i doubled up i was going to be blinded out next hand. Flop came 22? not sure wat 3rd card was but he had quads. Turn came 3 river 3  giving me higher quads. Didnt make any difference as i took very few chips from him and i was heavily dominating him went we went allin. 

But even with these hands i dont believe anything fixed. As long as there is ANY outs they can and will be hit sometimes.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Bad Beats:
    Posted by AcesSuited
    Saw a VERY similar hand in a £5.50 DYM a couple of nights ago. Four of us left and the shortest stack shoves and gets a caller. Shorty shows 88 and caller shows Q10. Flop comes KK8 - lovely, full house. Turn comes K ... slightly better full house. River comes K, so the Q takes it.
    Even I felt bad for the guy lol.

• edited July 2009
    The simple answer to bad beats is, why would a site make you lose deliberatly when it earns money from you continuing to play its game?