You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Sky Poker TV Live tonight! ***

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Happy New Year poker friends!!

It's my first show in 2015 and the first of our Tuesday Turbo Open nights for 2015 too and the first time in 2015 that I'm working with Stuart Rutter .... can you see where this is going?! There's gonna be a lot of firsts times tonight, hopefully for you it will be the first time you WIN a Sky Poker main event! Let's hope so anyway :) 

On the show tonight, we'l be showing Sunday's Super Roller final table, we'll also be showing the Mini Roller final table, we'll be dipping in to some Master Cash tables too, and we ofcourse will have coverage of tonight's main event that starts at 8pm - the Tuesday Turbo Open! Make sure you get your seat in to that one now!

We'll also be giving away a couple free £33 seats into Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter to our favourite contributions to the show so make sure you get in touch with your questions for Stu, your hand requests, and your banter too.

I took down my Christmas tree last night, and made sure I did so even though I really couldn't be bothered, mainly because I've been told that it's terribly bad luck if you leave it up after the 6th of January - WHICH IS TODAY. Very scary for a superstitious person like me. So with that in mind, for a bit of banter and fun on the show tonight, I wanna know:

Do YOU have any poker supersitions, pre-tourny or pre-hand rituals that you have to carry out for luck? Or perhaps if you have to wear a pair of lucky pants?!?!

Email: skyopen@bskyb.com
Tweet: #skypokertv
Follow: @skypoker

Me and Stu are about to eat dinner and then we'll see you folks at 7pm!

Jules xx

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I listen to Poker Face by Gaga on loop while I'm playing.. after a 6 hr seesion I crawl into the fetus position, listen to 'It's not over yet' by Klaxons and try to regain some sanity
  • edited January 2015
    Superstitions:

1) Turn over my card protector after each hand (playing live)

2) Shout "Go Magic Threes" every time three comes on the flop (It helps to have pocket three by the third time though)

3) Wear pants - I consider that to be lucky. In fact online that is probably all you need to wear

4) Never drink alcohol although this is probably good sense rather than superstition

5) Never look at my cards until it is my turn when I am in the blinds

6) Always look at my cards one at a time in every other position

Have a great show guys!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: *** Sky Poker TV Live tonight! ***:
    Superstitions: 1) Turn over my card protector after each hand (playing live) 2) Shout "Go Magic Threes" every time three comes on the flop (It helps to have pocket three by the third time though) 3) Wear pants - I consider that to be lucky. In fact online that is probably all you need to wear 4) Never drink alcohol although this is probably good sense rather than superstition 5) Never look at my cards until it is my turn when I am in the blinds 6) Always look at my cards one at a time in every other position Have a great show guys!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Not if you shut your curtains.

I don't have any superstitions, I'm not really a superstitious person and it's never done me any harm..............touch wood.

I am often shouting at the screen though.....please no ace please no ace etc.. but it rarely works!

Have a great show
  • edited January 2015
    Love these, keep them coming!! 
  • edited January 2015
    Evening guys and a happy new year!!!

Superstitions dont really have any reguarding poker,(maybe thats were im going wrong)
    Only thing i do use is my shout at the laptop COME ON 1 TIME !!!! which normally while playing an mtt turns into well just 1 more time ...

well have a great show guys and heres to a profitable 2015...
  • edited January 2015
    Hi jules + stu have a great show 

When i play poker online when i am all in and get called i always put my hand over my eyes and dnt see the result till after the hand is finished something i always do dunno why ha 
  • edited January 2015
    hey Jules and Stuart - 

If I disappear from the show its because my wife has decided to give birth to our first child :)

I have a strange habbit - maybe not superstitious, but always happens during my poker session.  If I make the 3rd break of the main event i spend the break time taking a shower! 
    quick refresh and ready to roll again ;)

Have a great show guys - looking forward to watching - got the IPAD charged in cas its in a labour ward 
  • edited January 2015
    Don't really have any superstitions, oh apart from crossing my fingers if I shove all-in.  And if I get called I hide my eyes and watch the runout through my fingers :)

I definitely have poker habits though.  Have to sit in the same spot on each table, have to arrange my tables a certain way on my screen.  And I don't start a session without getting a drink, a snack and going to the loo!

I also have 'lucky' hands, although they do change over time (not surprisingly!)  At the moment it's pocket jacks - can't lose with them right now :D  Although I'm bound to lose with them next time now I've said that.
  • edited January 2015
    HI Guys,

Loving the show - so far!

Isn't it unlucky to have superstitions?  ;-))

Pad

oh and last longer plz
  • edited January 2015
    Don't need any superstitions, just hit my first ever royal flush in hold'em. And to make it even better, made it on the turn, and had two people ahead of me shoving. Easiest all I'll ever make!

(Yes, it is a brag post!)
  • edited January 2015
    Cross my fingers,hold my card guard(THS) and lucky charm!
  • edited January 2015
    evening all, great srhow.

recent weeks i've been in down fall on cash tables and one of the problem i'm having is getting the maximum value.

when playing poker, they say you should be playing fish but when ever i'm playing, i seem better off playing against regs.

the serious problem i have with fish is getting a decent pot size because knowing they call such a wide range it's going to be so common for them to fold.

is a suited connector and small pocket pair going to be more likely to drain chips when the opponent is a fish?
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Jules and Stu

Is there a last longer tonight or has that finished? If there is can you put me in please!!
  • edited January 2015
    Evening Jules and Stu, I think playing on Sky Poker has revealed  minor OCD in me! Once I've logged in I have to open up the forum before I reg games, even if I don't look at it, it has to be open.  When I'm mulling over a decision I tap my middle mouse button 4 times before making the decision and all my bets have to end in a 5 or a 0 (unless its an all-in).  Please don't judge me ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Jules and Stu Is there a last longer tonight or has that finished? If there is can you put me in please!!
    Posted by cazzie58
    Sorry thats finished. 
    Can you put me in for the last longer please
  • edited January 2015
    Been told it will be a little girl - All though 30 years ago my Mum thought she was having a girl then I popped out.... not sure how to take that :)

Question for Stu:

What was your stand out poker moment for 2014 and what it is it (Poker or life in general) that you are most looking forward to in 2015?
  • edited January 2015
    My poker superstition is that I always eat Fruit during the Hands If im eating anything else I seem to do very bad #skypokertv -whitebeast18
  • edited January 2015
    Just quailfed for £2,500 Turbo BH via Freeroll came 4th out of 600 players #Bringiton #skypokertv Player - whitebeast18
  • edited January 2015
    dont really believe in superstitions but here is a weird couple....great show so far..

Three Sixes – In Christian literature, 6-6-6 is the sign of the antichrist. Some players will fold if they see this combination appear on the flop, unwilling to “participate in Satan’s work.” Those same faithful folks probably don’t play roulette much either, where the sum of the numbers 1 through 36 add up to—you guessed it—666.

Almost every poker player brings a “charm” to the table, often a card protector like a lucky coin or a rabbit’s foot. One of the most famous is Doyle Brunson’s little $5 black rock; he calls it “Casper” because of its Ghostbusters logo. The trinket seemingly became so powerful that Texas Dolly could lease it out to other players at a rate of $200 for 30 minutes. He claims it has earned him over $15,000 in rental fees alone. One day, Howard Lederer offered $3,500 to buy Casper, and surprisingly Brunson agreed. But there was a caveat—the talisman would only become the Professor’s property upon the Texan’s death.

Poker & Sex
    – Football coaches tell their players to refrain from sexual relations before a big game because “it takes the edge off.” However, more than a few poker players believe the exact opposite. They swear that their play improves if they have sex the night before a big tournament. They even have a name for it: “getting lucky.”

• edited January 2015
    hand request from the turbo main.

holding bottom set i've become concerned with the paired board on the turn, now they do say you should never fold a full housr, my thought here is i've did a reraise on the flop which on these boards does normally have lots of sets, therefore i'm thinking his shove on the turn does look more like a full house and in honesty was the reason i Ch.

Q when a board has got lots of two pair combos likely could i have folded my full house or would it be playing far too tight?
  • edited January 2015
    Queastion for stu at what age was you when you started playing poker For me it was a year ago when i was 18 
  • edited January 2015
    another  superstition is that I will never ever play skypoker on the app after I lost over £500 when i dropped my ipad and somehow end up calling an all in :(
  • edited January 2015

A limerick on the luck theme
    There was a poker player Stu Rutter
    Who considered Jules Breach his bread and butter
    He played her to make a quick buck
    But he ran out of luck
    He now lives his life in the gutter.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys

So quick thank you, watching the show decided to give the BH a go and took Stu's advice and played ABC mtt early stage. Seen a little action but kept the pots cute so no big risk.

Finished at first break with just above average stack. Just two breaks away from a shower haha - wife may be overdue but is it unreasonable to ask her to hold on? After all it Turbo Tuesday and will be done by. 12 :)

Love the show guys will keep you posted

• edited January 2015
    Loving Tonights show first time Ive written in Ill be staying with you all night even if I have got work at 5am

• edited January 2015
    1-0 west ham you did ask for it aha :D
  • edited January 2015
    Which hand  Would you rather have A-2 ON suit or Q-9 OFF suit when sitting on big blind
  • edited January 2015
    Whether it is considered superstition or not. I like to arrive at a live tournament early, so I can walk around and just get comfortable witht the enviourament. That way I am relaxed when I start
  • edited January 2015
    Whether it is considered superstition or not. I like to arrive at a live tournament early, so I can walk around and just get comfortable witht the enviourament. That way I am relaxed when I start
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    I do this aswell When you get there later just before it starts your rushing and make silly mistakes
  • edited January 2015
    Stu Has anyone or anything ever made your uncomfortable while playing at a poker table I once had someone who had a cold he sat next to me kept sneezing and then I sore it go over hes cards.  made me feel sick BUT I did knock him out later on On the poker table that is lol