You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your Bounty?????

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello all!!!

I'm sure it must have been asked before but what happens to your bounty when you win a tourney??

(not a brag) but I won a tourney on Sunday night and I've just been going through my recent account history and it doesn't add up.

The total I received was prize money and head prizes but the lobby says there was 39 quid which was my head value.

Where is this 39 quid?  Any of the moderators shed some light on this?

Personally I can't think of any reason why this doesn't come back to the winning player.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Your Bounty?????:
    Hello all!!! I'm sure it must have been asked before but what happens to your bounty when you win a tourney?? (not a brag) but I won a tourney on Sunday night and I've just been going through my recent account history and it doesn't add up. The total I received was prize money and head prizes but the lobby says there was 39 quid which was my head value. Where is this 39 quid?  Any of the moderators shed some light on this? Personally I can't think of any reason why this doesn't come back to the winning player.
    Posted by cowhead
    It does.
  • edited January 2015
    well, I'm looking at what the lobby said I won and what was paid into my account in account history and I'm 39 quid short fella. How do you know it does?

I'm not being arsey btw, just puzzled.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Your Bounty?????:
    well, I'm looking at what the lobby said I won and what was paid into my account in account history and I'm 39 quid short fella. How do you know it does? I'm not being arsey btw, just puzzled.
    Posted by cowhead
    You win prize money and then head prizes. Included in this is your own head value. 
  • edited January 2015
    Im emailing support. I don't know what they've been telling folk but I'm not buying it like.
  • edited January 2015
    Add up all the ones values in the mtt and will add up to total prize pool. I won one today and is just stated in your final head prize

If worried contacts customer service :)

• edited January 2015
    When QQQ sees this theres gonna be a bragging...
  • edited January 2015

hi cow

i think you got £126 in head prizes.  this was more than double the head prizes that the second place person received.  it is safe to say that you got all the 6 heads you took plus your own value.

it looks fine... and wd

• edited January 2015
    I'm trying to remember now. It is possible that the heads I took valued 87 and they added that into my value totaling 126.

If that's the case it Seems daft to display it the way it is in the lobbies though.

Ive emailed them anyway, will be interested to see what they say about it.
  • edited January 2015
    Why is it daft? Your head prize is what you have taken from heads, therefore if lucky enough to win it your head worth is added on, would make no sense to have mtt winnings plus head prize plus own head prize. All goes into head prize.

But great brag well done :)
  • edited January 2015
    Wins a tournament and still complains. People eh.
  • edited January 2015
    It goes to charity!
  • edited January 2015

Be kind to the OP please, he's from Newcastle, see?
  • edited January 2015
    When QQQ sees this theres gonna be a bragging...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Each of the 109 times (so far) I've won a Bounty Hunter tournament I was correctly awarded my own head prize :)

As others have said if you don't believe it just go to the lobby, add up add the head prizes won player-by-player and you'll see it matches the 'Heads Prize Pool' in the information section.
  • edited January 2015

Looks like another FIASCO to me.......

*WARNING*  Only click on the above thread if you have an afternoon spare.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Your Bounty????? : Each of the 109 times (so far) I've won a Bounty Hunter tournament I was correctly awarded my own head prize :) As others have said if you don't believe it just go to the lobby, add up add the head prizes won player-by-player and you'll see it matches the 'Heads Prize Pool' in the information section.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Just a tap-in, but exquisitely thrashed into the back of the net.
  • edited January 2015
    I've just received a reply to my e-mail and it reads as follows: Dear David we have looked into your query and have decided that the lobby layout is ridiculous and could be a lot clearer regarding "your value" figure and whether or not it's added to your total winnings.. We have decided to award you the sum of £39.01 to your account and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.
  • edited January 2015
    I've just received a reply to my e-mail and it reads as follows: Dear David we have looked into your query and have decided that the lobby layout is ridiculous and could be a lot clearer regarding "your value" figure and whether or not it's added to your total winnings.. We have decided to award you the sum of £39.01 to your account and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Posted by cowhead
    Wow.

So you got forty quid just for moaning about something that you are actually wrong about.
  • edited January 2015

The floodgates are open.

Please form an orderly queue.
  • edited January 2015
    I want to say people are being whooshed....but then I'm concerned that I'm being whooshed in return....

Dilemma indeed.
  • edited January 2015
    I think that we all know that this is nonesense :D
  • edited January 2015

Just got a reply from Sky following my e-mail stating that whilst playing PLO8 and having the winning hand I sometimes only received half my winnings.
     They explained this was one of the nuances of the game but have happily refunded me £212.76
     Thank you Sky
  • edited January 2015
    Just a quick note, the team cleared up the confusion and didnt give me £39. They did state that the lobbies could be more clearer regarding the "value" amount and if its included in total winnings.
  • edited January 2015
    Posted by cowhead

I RAISE.......

;)
  • edited January 2015
    I emailed them yesterday complaining about my poor performance in UKOPS MTTs and other MTTs in December.

I pointed them to the JimmyRiddle thread and explained that I knew about their dirty little secret.

They have responded by crediting me all of my December losses and an extra £1k hush money. I have also been placed at the top of the sky player randomiser ranking list so can confidently go all-in with a2c's now.

PS If you try this for youself - you didnt hear it from me!

[disclaimer - none of the above may actually have any basis in fact...well ok the bit about me not doing well in MTTs in December is actually true]

• edited January 2015
    Hey cowhead, when I won my first few BHs I thought the exact same thing...
    OMFG I won a tourney... YEYYYYY, OH WAIT WTF?!?!! what's happened to my duckin' bounty?! WHO TOOKED MY BOUNTY?!!!?!
    But when you stop and add it all up it's clearly all there and correct.

I agree though that the layout in the lobby is confusing and I think most people wouldn't be totally clear whether or not they had been awarded it, the first time they win. So it would be great if sky could rethink the current display!

MrsD
  • edited January 2015
    I would just like to add that in my experience of winning bounty hunters

• edited January 2015
    lol at phantom and his Jimmy theory. I think the fact that players have said they "tallied" up bounties after winning a tourney suggests that Im not the only person thats been confused about whether the "value" has been included  in bounty total suggests the lobby could be a little clearer. I dont feel as numb now. 
  • edited January 2015
    Just a side not for Tikay. Im not actually from Newcastle. I live next door in Gods Country. (Sunderland).
  • edited January 2015
    lol at phantom and his Jimmy theory. I think the fact that players have said they "tallied" up bounties after winning a tourney suggests that Im not the only person thats been confused about whether the "value" has been included  in bounty total suggests the lobby could be a little clearer. I dont feel as numb now. 
    Posted by cowhead
    You may scoff but its working JJ cracks AA aipf - 3 games 3 wins at lunchtime, but you ain't seen this ;-)

Seriously though - glad you cleared up that sky had merely confirmed you had already got your head prize as opposed to refunding you later because you were right.