You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quadruple Your Money?

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
I brought up the idea at a table not long ago, about the possibility of playing a Quadruple Your Money, instead of a Double Your Money.
Simply, Top 3 get paid from 12.
I thought it was a good idea, but I didn't exactly get the response I was expecting! I pretty much got laughed off the table.
It couldn't be that difficult a thing for Sky to implement?
Would there be much demand?
I mean, if we have DYMs which are popular, don't you think QYMs would be popular?
Sky seem to be listening to their players at the moment (Brilliant!) so maybe if enough people want them, Sky could get QYMs up and running.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Quadruple Your Money?:
    I brought up the idea at a table not long ago, about the possibility of playing a Quadruple Your Money, instead of a Double Your Money. Simply, Top 3 get paid from 12. I thought it was a good idea, but I didn't exactly get the response I was expecting! I pretty much got laughed off the table. It couldn't be that difficult a thing for Sky to implement? Would there be much demand? I mean, if we have DYMs which are popular, don't you think QYMs would be popular? Sky seem to be listening to their players at the moment (Brilliant!) so maybe if enough people want them, Sky could get QYMs up and running. What does everyone think?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I don't think it's a bad idea at all, but it's effectively just an MTT under a different guise, innit?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Quadruple Your Money?:
    I brought up the idea at a table not long ago, about the possibility of playing a Quadruple Your Money, instead of a Double Your Money. Simply, Top 3 get paid from 12. I thought it was a good idea, but I didn't exactly get the response I was expecting! I pretty much got laughed off the table. It couldn't be that difficult a thing for Sky to implement? Would there be much demand? I mean, if we have DYMs which are popular, don't you think QYMs would be popular? Sky seem to be listening to their players at the moment (Brilliant!) so maybe if enough people want them, Sky could get QYMs up and running. What does everyone think?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Can't think why that was, really.

Let us recap the convo, shall we?

Macacgirl wrote this in the chat box.....

I've had a great idea. (Chorus of groans from the other 5 players).

You know the poker game called HORSE?

Well I've thought of a better one. (Table goes quiet, dreading what follows).

I think there should be a variant called HEDGEHOG

All I have to do now is think of 8 games that fit the word "HEDGEHOG"
  • edited January 2015
    HEDGEHOG QYM
    Need I say anymore?
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Quadruple Your Money?:
    In Response to Quadruple Your Money? : Can't think why that was, really.   Let us recap the convo, shall we? Macacgirl wrote this in the chat box..... I've had a great idea . (Chorus of groans from the other 5 players). You know the poker game called HORSE? Well I've thought of a better one. (Table goes quiet, dreading what follows). I think there should be a variant called HEDGEHOG All I have to do now is think of 8 games that fit the word "HEDGEHOG"
    Posted by Tikay10
    H = Holdem (limit)
    E = Eight or better
    D = Draw 2-7
    G = Guts
    E = See above
    H = See above (NL)
    O = Omaha
    G = See above.

Disappointed no Razz or Badugi tho.  ;-)
  • edited January 2015
    HEDGEHOG QYM Need I say anymore?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Probably best if you say no more.....

Next up, HIPPOPOTAMUS.
  • edited January 2015
    sounds like a great idea to me.

Variety is the spice of life
  • edited January 2015
    I thought of GOLDFISH but can't remember what it means !
  • PKMPKM
    edited January 2015
    How about a 4-table SNG DYM shoot-out.  3 progress from each table with all 6 getting paid final table e.g. £3.30 stake final table paid £18 1st, 2nd and 3rd with last 3 doubling their money to £6. 
  • edited January 2015
    Wouldn't a QYM be pretty much like a satellite? Instead of 1 in 5 cash it's 1 in 4. I guess the point would be that it's not a satellite into a tournament but not sure if there will be much demand for it since it won't really attract the MTT crowd nor will it attract the SNG lot (they play SNG's partly because of how quick they are)
  • edited January 2015

It is a good idea, I like it.

They used to have Treble Your Money games - TYM's. I often used to reg and they hardly ever had any takers, saying that I would play both TYM's and QYM's, more variety the better.

Not so sure about Hedgehog, that one might need a bit more work :-)
  • edited January 2015

last year we saw 18-max tournaments in the SNG forums for a while.

played in a few at £1.10 buy in but they did take a while to fill up. however it was suggested at the time that these could be more popular if the buy ins were increased. maybe time to revisit? 

• edited January 2015
    Already have QYMs they are called 6max

Winner quadrouples r/u doubles... simples

• edited January 2015
    Already have QYMs they are called 6max Winner quadrouples r/u doubles... simples
    Posted by Phantom66
    But only one person is QYMMing, and one is DYMMing, so it's not really a QYM.
    Nevermind, was just an idea, I thought you boys would be interested in the idea of a QYM, obviously not much!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Quadruple Your Money? : But only one person is QYMMing, and one is DYMMing, so it's not really a QYM. Nevermind, was just an idea, I thought you boys would be interested in the idea of a QYM, obviously not much!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I love it Macac! :)
  • edited January 2015
    Well I'd much rather be a QYMMer than DYMMer obviously ;-)

2 or 3 table SNGs really need volume so they fill quick enough

Maybe if the much vaunted but seldom replied on suggestion of SNG Sats in to events was given a try you would effectively have the structure you are looking for in your example?