You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Related Injuries

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Anyone been injured dabbling in this dangerous past time?

I live in a house that must have been designed for Grumpy, Dopey and thier mates.  My ceiling height is the size of a normal door, so as you can imagine my doors are pretty low, they just scrape my head if I walk under normal and i'm about 5"10. 
I was playing poker a few months back and started feeling peckish, so decided on beans on toast.  I decided to make this inbetween hands.  I have wood floor in my front room so was jogging from the computer after my hand and kind of sliding the last bit ducking the frame and doing abit in the kitchen before hearing the alert sound.  I did his 3 times and everytime went smooth, I finished making my breakfast and heard he bleep, I jogged back to the comp folded my hand and went to get my food.  Only this time I must have forgot to skid and duck, I just carried on jogging into the kitchen with a bit of a spring in my step, until I heard a crack, seen a big white flash and was laying on my Kitchen floor crumpled in a heap.  Took me about 5 mins to  get back up, I never did get back to my game.  I chipped a bit of the door frame off with my bonce and was walking around looking like an extra from coneheads  for the next fortnight.

Anyone else?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Mine is similar, but stubbed my toes on the doorframe I thought I had broken about 3 toes because they swelled up  and were as big as my big toe.....lol, limped about for about 3 weeks
  • edited January 2010
    In true Steve Austin styleee I 'stunt doubled' a truly spectacular fall down the stairs (second top to a crumpled heap at the bottom) trying to get back to my hand after a loo break...lol

Have I learned...not a chance! I might be missing pocket rockets ;o)

x
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Related Injuries:
    In true Steve Austin styleee I 'stunt doubled' a truly spectacular fall down the stairs (second top to a crumpled heap at the bottom) trying to get back to my hand after a loo break...lol Have I learned...not a chance! I might be missing pocket rockets ;o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    I play quite a lot each day and thinking of going to the dr s as I think i have repetative strain injury from clicking the mouse.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Related Injuries:
    In Response to Re: Poker Related Injuries : I play quite a lot each day and thinking of going to the dr s as I think i have repetative strain injury from clicking the mouse.
    Posted by morse999
    I had RSI (carpal tunnel syndrome they also call it) 3 or 4 years ago caused by using the mouse all day. I switched to using the mouse left handed at my doctor's sugestion. It didnt take me more than about 15 minutes to get used to it and it has the aded benefit that I can use the mouse with my left hand and type with my right hand so much more efficient.
  • edited January 2010
    Why don't you just get a chair with wheels on it and you can roll back and forth all day long safe and low.

• edited January 2010
    I once kicked a fax machine, that was living on the floor at the time, after a 1 outer river.

Broken toe ftw.