You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Life's A Flop...

13»

Comments

• edited February 2015

I’m about to leave for Nottingham.

I’ve got a cold, a headache, and I can barely go three minutes without blowing my nose or sneezing… so as you can imagine, this is going to be a fantastic seven hour drive…

• edited February 2015
    glgl

but think about the poor suckers sat next to you on the tables. 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Life's A Flop...:
    glgl but think about the poor suckers sat next to you on the tables. 
    Posted by GELDY
    They won't be sat next to him for long, or more likely, he won't be sat next to them for long.
  • edited February 2015
    So I got here in one piece at 11.30pm and was very tempted to dump my bag and head off to DTD for a while... but decided against it and opted for a good sleep instead.

You know when you pack, you usually forget something? For me, this time, it was pants. I didn't put any in my bag. All I've got is the ones I drove down in, which is a little inconvenient... so, if you see me today just remember: I'm either wearing the same pair I had on yesterday, or none at all. I haven't decided which yet ;)

• edited February 2015
    Gl with the pokerin Bri and go Commando ftw lol
  • edited February 2015
    Hahahaha you go fell! Pants well over rated, just remember you're commando before you go celebrating and show the nuts ;)

Run well!
  • edited February 2015
    Hahahaha you go fell! Pants well over rated, just remember you're commando before you go celebrating and show the nuts ;) Run well!
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Very good! ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Reports have came in that Slip and Ivanovic were seen together at approximately 4am this morning, as they headed back to their respective hotels after tearing up the cash tables at DTD...

...which kinda helped because I busted both Mini games earlier on!
  • edited February 2015
    Reports have came in that Slip and Ivanovic were seen together at approximately 4am this morning, as they headed back their respective hotels after tearing up the cash tables at DTD...
    Posted by Slipwater
    The only tearing up you did was the ones that left your eyes. 

My offer of 1% of your action still stands....
  • edited February 2015
    You should never meet your heroes.

I'm nobody to judge - I'm only an 8 out of 10 - but there's a reason that hhyftrftdr doesn't have a profile picture. For a start, he is really a she, although that is using the gender clarifier rather loosely. Let's just say that when God was handing out beauty tips, hhyftrftdr must have been taking a nap. She is also from a farm in Yorkshire, but I guess it's not really fair to kick someone when they're bleeding. At least she does have that sexy, slow, Emmerdale drawl to fall back on, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess.

hhyftrftdr is also one of the meekest, most unassuming people you are ever likely to meet in person - not at all like the persona she gives off on the forum. I was looking forward to meeting this acerbic, quick-witted character with a put-down cued up and ready to go, but as it turns out hhyftrftdr seems to genuinely like everyone. It's sweet, but it was a little disappointing and contrary to what I was looking for, and it just goes to show you that you should not make judgements about people until you get to know them in person.

Hopefully she will be back later in the week so I can buy her a drink. She likes those Del Boy drinks - you know, those colourful ones with the umbrellas?

So yeah, you should never meet your heroes. First Jimmy Savile and now hhyftrftdr. One way or another you will always be disappointed.
  • edited February 2015
    You should never meet your heroes. I'm nobody to judge - I'm only an 8 out of 10 - but there's a reason that hhyftrftdr doesn't have a profile picture. For a start, he is really a she , although that is using the gender clarifier rather loosely. Let's just say that when God was handing out beauty tips, hhyftrftdr must have been taking a nap. She is also from a farm in Yorkshire, but I guess it's not really fair to kick someone when they're bleeding. At least she does have that sexy, slow, Emmerdale drawl to fall back on, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess. hhyftrftdr is also one of the meekest, most unassuming people you are ever likely to meet in person - not at all like the persona she gives off on the forum. I was looking forward to meeting this acerbic, quick-witted character with a put-down cued up and ready to go, but as it turns out hhyftrftdr seems to genuinely like everyone. It's sweet, but it was a little disappointing and contrary to what I was looking for, and it just goes to show you that you should not make judgements about people until you get to know them in person. Hopefully she will be back later in the week so I can buy her a drink. She likes those Del Boy drinks - you know, those colourful ones with the umbrellas? So yeah, you should never meet your heroes. First Jimmy Savile and now hhyftrftdr. One way or another you will always be disappointed.
    Posted by Slipwater

Fear not, Slipster... not all disappointment.

You will find I really am the crank folk say I am :)

• edited February 2015
    You should never meet your heroes. I'm nobody to judge - I'm only an 8 out of 10 - but there's a reason that hhyftrftdr doesn't have a profile picture. For a start, he is really a she , although that is using the gender clarifier rather loosely. Let's just say that when God was handing out beauty tips, hhyftrftdr must have been taking a nap. She is also from a farm in Yorkshire, but I guess it's not really fair to kick someone when they're bleeding. At least she does have that sexy, slow, Emmerdale drawl to fall back on, so it's swings and roundabouts I guess. hhyftrftdr is also one of the meekest, most unassuming people you are ever likely to meet in person - not at all like the persona she gives off on the forum. I was looking forward to meeting this acerbic, quick-witted character with a put-down cued up and ready to go, but as it turns out hhyftrftdr seems to genuinely like everyone. It's sweet, but it was a little disappointing and contrary to what I was looking for, and it just goes to show you that you should not make judgements about people until you get to know them in person. Hopefully she will be back later in the week so I can buy her a drink. She likes those Del Boy drinks - you know, those colourful ones with the umbrellas? So yeah, you should never meet your heroes. First Jimmy Savile and now hhyftrftdr. One way or another you will always be disappointed.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Yep, I didn't have a bad word to say about anyone on Sky poker ;)

I'm flattered that you've dedicated a rather large post to me, and well done for outlasting me in the Mini, I tip my flat cap in your direction.

Would love to come back later this week but I'm needed down pit.

Ps, Sam is right, she is a crank.

Pps, safe journey back to Edinburgh as and when.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Life's A Flop... : Yep, I didn't have a bad word to say about anyone on Sky poker ;) I'm flattered that you've dedicated a rather large post to me, and well done for outlasting me in the Mini, I tip my flat cap in your direction. Would love to come back later this week but I'm needed down pit. Ps, Sam is right, she is a crank. Pps, safe journey back to Edinburgh as and when.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well..my Gasters are well and truly flabbered, no not the hhr is a nice person under all that forum shenanigans, the fact that there is a pit still open, perhaps we could meet sometime to have some pit chat :)
  • edited February 2015
    You should never meet your heroes. I'm nobody to judge - I'm only an 8 out of 10 - but there's a reason that hhyftrftdr doesn't have a profile picture. For a start, he is really a she , although that is using the gender clarifier rather loosely. Let's just say that when God was handing out beauty tips, hhyftrftdr must have been taking a nap. .
    Posted by Slipwater
    So HHY is a big girl?   Who'd have thunk it?  ;-))
  • edited March 2015
    Hey Slip...whatever happened to that diary you found in the attic? I'd like to hear another entry :)
  • edited March 2015

So, I may as well kick this diary back off with a couple of entries about the past weekend in Newcastle…

The poker itself was actually decent. On the Friday night I sat at a 1/1 cash table, picked my moment and stacked the resident maniac, who was raising everything pre-flop. Ironically, I had travelled five hours to sit down in Aspers and take £200 from another guy from Aberdeen… after which I could almost be accused of the old hit ‘n’ run manoeuvre, but with ctbn to my left I figured there was more value to be had propping up the bar, so I did that for a while – at least until we set up a sit ‘n’ go, which I promptly took down. I cleared ctbn from my path on the way too, which was some kind of justice given that he never lets me forget any time he wins a hand against me (not very often, obviously...)

After about two hours sleep I got ready for the tournament start at noon, and it was looking like an early bath for me after having my pocket queens busted by 6 8 offsuit, when my opponent decided to hit sixes on both the turn and river! That put a big dent in my stack (and confidence) but I was patient and pulled it back... and I trundled along with relative comfort until the final table which I started in 4th or 5th position in chips.

An orbit came and went and I hadn't seen anything resembling a good hand so I decided to get creative with 4 7 of hearts, and play it as if I had the nuts. One caller and a flop of 3 8 9 didn't really help, but I bet it anyway and was called. The turn was another 8 so I figured I'd rep that, but he still called. The river was a 3, which I figured had to be a good card for me. Now I'm representing the full house with 7 high and I know he can't call a third barrel unless he has an 8, can he? And what are the chances he called my pre-flop raise with one of them? I mean, seriously...

As it turned out, I was right. He called me with a 3 instead. Fish!
  • edited March 2015
    So, I may as well kick this diary back off with a couple of entries about the past weekend in Newcastle…   The poker itself was actually decent. On the Friday night I sat at a 1/1 cash table, picked my moment and stacked the local unemployed person, who was raising everything pre-flop. Ironically, I had travelled five hours to sit down in Aspers and take £200 from another guy from Aberdeen… after which I could almost be accused of the old hit ‘n’ run manoeuvre, but with ctbn to my left I figured there was more value to be had propping up the bar, so I did that for a while – at least until we set up a sit ‘n’ go, which I promptly took down. I cleared ctbn from my path on the way too, which was some kind of justice given that he never lets me forget any time he wins a hand against me (not very often, obviously...)   After about two hours sleep I got ready for the tournament start at noon, and it was looking like an early bath for me after having my pocket queens busted by 6 8 offsuit, when my opponent decided to hit sixes on both the turn and river! That put a big dent in my stack (and confidence) but I was patient and pulled it back... and I trundled along with relative comfort until the final table which I started in 4th or 5th position in chips.   An orbit came and went and I hadn't seen anything resembling a good hand so I decided to get creative with 4 7 of hearts, and play it as if I had the nuts. One caller and a flop of 3 8 9 didn't really help, but I bet it anyway and was called. The turn was another 8 so I figured I'd rep that, but he still called. The river was a 3, which I figured had to be a good card for me. Now I'm representing the full house with 7 high and I know he can't call a third barrel unless he has an 8, can he? And what are the chances he called my pre-flop raise with one of them? I mean, seriously...  As it turned out, I was right. He called me with a 3 instead. Fish!
    Posted by Slipwater
    FYP
  • edited March 2015

When Slip Met Sam

The good news about samantha25 is that there is no falsehood there - she is exactly as she presents herself on the forum… and the bad news about samantha25 is that, well, she is exactly as she presents herself on the forum – loud, brash, with the curse words never far from her lips. She's like a Tarantino script, without the witty banter to complement the copious amounts of swearing.

Oh yeah, the one thing she does mislead about is her username. At one point I'm sure she was twenty-five years old, but life's been hard on her and I'm guessing she hasn't passed for that age since probably the early nineties. On the aesthetic scale - if you squint - she maybe hits the upper reaches of average (although that could be the Jack Daniels talking), but she does lose a point or so for that elongated Leeds accent which is very difficult to take seriously or indeed to find attractive.

If there was any part of the weekend that she was sober: a) I missed it, and b) it was probably by accident rather than design. But shortcomings aside, she's a good laugh, doesn't take herself very seriously, and is always willing to get naked at the first opportunity.

I'm looking forward to meeting her again at the next live event, because she owes me about eighteen drinks.
  • edited March 2015
    slippy
    lucky we all know you only write fiction otherwise sam might get upset
    naked! 
    No i don't want to know more

• edited March 2015
    slippy
    lucky we all know you only write fiction otherwise sam might get upset
    naked! 
    No i don't want to know more

• edited March 2015
    oh, and as for your writing i don't think you are the "benchmark" around here any more