You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV UKPC Special LIVE TONIGHT 7pm- with Rich, Ryan and guests Leigh Wiltshire and Paul Hayc

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Rich, can you have a go at the graphic  people please?

On the ticker, we are still getting urged to get involved with the UKOPS series that finished a fortnight ago!
  • edited January 2015
    1st day of a superstack 2-day event - about 40 runners - and then they started disappearing.....

#1 is stopped at the check-in
    #2  is asked to leave after 15 mins
    #3 never comes back after the dinner break (having been recognised on the security cameras during dinner)

the rest of us were looking over our shoulders for when it was our turn!

• edited January 2015
    Live Poker Story,

Hi Rich, this story wasn't funny at the time but makes me smile every time I think about it.

On my first visit to DTD on my own for a live game at a freeze out feeling very nervous, I made my way to the bar got a drink, then I looked around to find someone to talk to, hoping to find out how it all works.
    I went and stood next to this guy who was about 6 foot ten and towered above me!!
    We were chatting, I ask him how it all works he was very helpful, then I looked up at him in his dark glasses and ask "do they all wear these sunglasses to frighten and intimidate other players? (Big mistake).  He looked down at me and said "I'm partially Sighted"

I said oh sorry and moved on swiftly, I could have crawled under the carpet!! 

Steve
  • edited January 2015
    Hell guys great show as per usual

Can you tell me if this is the right call?

861345866 hand number
  • edited January 2015
    Good evening Mr Orford, Mr Spittles, Mr Haycock and Mr Wiltshire.
    I Would consider it a great honour if Mr Haycock and Mr Wiltshire could spare the time to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    Congratulations to you both on your cashes.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all,

Really enjoying the show albeit feeling a bit left out on the forum chat as I have never played a live tournament. It is something I would very much love to do though.

I have played plenty of home games, where much of the comedy comes from "educating" the newer players who join.

Having to explain why 6 card straights and 3 pairs are really just a straight and 2 pair and are therefore split pots has taken some diplomatic language.

The worst situation though was having to request someone post a blind who didnt accept that they still had to having just bust a player. They didnt understand the rules regarding the button moving to the dead player so that the SB and BB sequence continued. I nearly got punched for my trouble - and this was with mates,

All of this kind of puts me off self dealt events. Wondering what the guys think of self-dealt events (if they can remember that far back in their career) and whether they have any stories from them, or advice about how to handle them?

• edited January 2015

jackpot          
      10:00 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 607 660 267 44  
      left 79 222 14    

harryct 4 86      
      cardu 9 167      
      jimmytoon 17 49      
      gazscoop 28 99      
      sonicsco24 34 126      
      gandy83 41 88      
      hhyftrftdr 49 107      
      Matt237 51 192      
      torres215 52 149      
      stewie7 54 26      
      SilentChiv 62 206      
      obab 66 152      
      luma7801 68 172      
      TimmyRaRa 72 25      

• edited January 2015
    how if any will u game change from this ukpc compared to the last one? with this one being full ring
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV UKPC Special LIVE TONIGHT 7pm- with Rich, Ryan and guests Leigh Wiltshire and Paul Haycock ***official message thread***:
    The floor approaches a player seated behind me at another table in the 1 seat. Apparently the player is so drunk that he can't keep up with the game at all and basically has no idea what's going on.  Floor asks the player to come with him telling him he will get him some food at the buffet. The player agrees, stands up, and projectile vomits all over the table, his chips, his neighbor's chips, and the dealer's tray. I have never seen a table clear so fast since
    Posted by whitebeast

It was only my 3rd time ever Playing live poker Fair to say Ive seen nothing like it since 
  • edited January 2015
    Playing in my local pub game about 7 years ago. Usual set up, 2 tables of 8, seats decided by drawing A-8 from both decks.

I draw the 7 of diamonds and take my seat ready for action.  Action starts and I get dealt in, observing everything in great detail as usual.

Play procedes for an hour or more and on a new deal I squeeze out the 9 of hearts, slide it over the top of my other card and squeeze out the 9 of hearts. 

A bit confused I again slide the 9 of hearts above my second card and peel the corner to reveal the 9 of hearts. 

Annoyed at my inability to carefully view my own hand I grab the two cards off the table and see I was in fact dealt a suited pocket pair.

Got a good laugh from everyone at both tables, never seen anything like it before or since.

great show guys and great insight, keep up the good work.

davy

• edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      10:22 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 607 660 267 44  
      left 37 112 3    

jimmytoon 15 10      
      hhyftrftdr 16 109      
      Matt237 17 67      

• edited January 2015
    Can we have less of the west brom bashing please we have got feelings :D
  • edited January 2015
    I was playing  live last weekend at dad it's a 2 day event and we was 3 levels away from the end of day 1 (30 min levels) the chip leader at the time roughly 130bb decided to go home and guarantee his entrance to day 2 what do you think of this I personaly thought it was absolutely crazy I wil drop a massive brag in the end o no sorry i didn't make day 2 ��
  • edited January 2015
    I'm out mini but 3/11 in Main. Sorry chaps
  • edited January 2015
    Came 5th, trust the last longer not to be on after I was the first person to ask!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi rich n ryan + guests great show 

I remember when playing a cash game a few years ago with freinds + this new guy who has only played poker a couple of times playing cash game blinds 25p/50p max sit down was £50 so me and my m8es sat down with £50 
    the new guy just wanted to sit down with £10 here is where the fun starts  3hands in he looks at his cards and then announces at the table that he would like to sit down with the maximum of £50  we all laughed and folded are hands preflop  

he said why are u all laughing still dnt get it we said u obv have a premium hand kk or aa he said why that i said well bit of a give away when u said u wanted to sit down with the maximum after looking at your cards haha 

long story but still find it funny btw he showed aces :)
  • edited January 2015
    hey rich let leigh know im one of the drunken hetton social players that plays apat and Ive just won the main event tonight!!

poker and drinking is the only way to play :)

ran out of lager the last time we played at dtd, so we decided to be sophisticated and drink wine, he asked how many glasses we said one each a pint!
  • edited January 2015
    Evening gents

Just before Christmas the old man Mr Dyer made me leave the house and we played a live comp at Aspers Stratford. I managed a min cash and as the old man was still in I decided to stick around and play the afternoon rebuy comp. There was a couple of young guys one of whom was very inexperienced. We get an all in situation and one guy has a full house and the inexperienced guy has a flush. Dealer starts to push the pot to the guy with the full house until I point out that the winning hand is in fact the straight flush that the inexperienced guy had!

Question to the guests, how would you rate Andy Young for the following

Ability on the tables
    Choice of jumpers
  • edited January 2015
    hi guys great show and seeing as you're playing mastercash to wrap it up, i open pocket eights in this hand id

861394618 on mastercash tonight

The aggressor is a reg who i put on AK, is it a fold on the river? Thanks
  • edited January 2015
    just wondering what happans i worked out after my 3rd place in the turbo main today bit of brag i know. it puts me top of the team sky poker leaderbored by 10 points with 1 day to go. i have alredy satalight into ukpc throw satalight anorther brag. do i get 1000 cash and free hotel etc or northing glad if u can help.
  • edited January 2015
    Congratulations to FlashFlush, DCFC4EVER & Degsy1 who win entry to the UKPC quarter final on Sunday @ 5:15pm.

Good luck!
  • edited January 2015
    Well, that 5 hours absolutely flew by.  Massive thankyou to all the team at Skypoker for making us feel so welcome on the show.

Loved the poker stories that everyone sent in.  Great work guys.

Leigh