You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IS THIS JUST BAD LUCK?

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I have had the worst run of bad luck in my 7 years of playing.  I know we all have our bad days and when I start getting bad beats I lay off for a week or two.  This time I decided to ride it out.  I know my confidence is shot but I have tried to play % poker and ignore the bad luck.  These are my bad beats this week alone.  All in KK he called rag ace, ace on river.  Ace flush all in river gives other player straight flush ( he was fishing for it ).  Tonight in primo I have AK go all in because I am short stacked.  Chip leader calls ( which I would ) A5 flop AK5 turn 5 river 5.  This is not another is this site bent? post.  But I play a lot of live poker ( £4750 up this year ) so I am no mug.  But flops like this come round once in a blue moon.  Can someone please send me a lucky clover?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to IS THIS JUST BAD LUCK?:
    I have had the worst run of bad luck in my 7 years of playing.  I know we all have our bad days and when I start getting bad beats I lay off for a week or two.  This time I decided to ride it out.  I know my confidence is shot but I have tried to play % poker and ignore the bad luck.  These are my bad beats this week alone.  All in KK he called rag ace, ace on river.  Ace flush all in river gives other player straight flush ( he was fishing for it ).  Tonight in primo I have AK go all in because I am short stacked.  Chip leader calls ( which I would ) A5 flop AK5 turn 5 river 5.  This is not another is this site bent? post.  But I play a lot of live poker ( £4750 up this year ) so I am no mug.  But flops like this come round once in a blue moon.  Can someone please send me a lucky clover?
    Posted by fosdyke
    bad beats come and go keep yr chin up had bad beat same as u try this ply the plys more than the hds RIDE OUT THE BAD BEATS work 4 me but seem 2 me yr a better ply than me and will come back soon allbest  LET ALL YR HANDS BE THE NUTS
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by fosdyke
    I'm quite new to  playing poker online, but i've been reading "Winning at internet poker for Dummies" and a very clever thing it says about bad beats and considering if the sites fixed is, the site gets money from u playing if it deliberatly made u quit what would the site have to gain? Bad beats are a part of poker and once i start playing for real cash i'll experiance them myself but keeping telling urself what i just said.
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by fosdyke
    That is it I am taking a long rest, I am still on tilt after yet another bad beat tonight. I was sitting pretty in the £7.5 grand open about 15th,just outside the bubble.  I was big blind with A 10 of hearts, the guy two before me was calling on everything.  He raised 4,000 I knew he was trying it on.  I re-raised all in.  The idiot called with Q 7 off suit, WHY?  You guessed it he got the Q on the river.  Sorry but this does not happen, I am going to take up bingo, I will see the Guy on Skegness beach with a saddle on his back.  Oh and I got knocked out of the bounty hunter last night again just outside the bubble.  KQ of hearts flop Qclubs 7 hearts 2 hearts I call all in guy calls with A Q you got it knocked out on kicker with all my outs.
  • edited July 2009
    Chin up I just got beat in the deepstack with KK full house by 4 queens.

Bleh.
  • edited July 2009
    Well listening to your stats you know what your doing, you know this is just a bad run and you will come out of it soon. If you get a chance look at my sharkscope graph... i have been on a bad run for some time now... playing bad or bad beats?? well  a bit of both i suppose, but i see myself as a consistant player and it is probably 75% badluck ... and now i have just won 2 out of last 3 tournaments. Just ride it out, you will find if you win 1 tournament another will follow shortly, just keep doing what your doing

Goodluck
  • edited July 2009
    Just bad luck mate.

My bankroll keeps going up and down like an express lift (it can be tough when you're stuck in the basement!).

I know my play's correct but if you're up against a numpty and the poker gods are in a foul mood then that's it.

You gotta roll with the punches!