You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live Show CH861 and online with Fowler and Rutter 7pm - midnight ***official show thr

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Common misconception from my non poker playing friends is that I'm good at poker. 
  • edited January 2015
    I use to Always call small all in when i was chip leader didnt turn out well Only call now with a monster hand

whitebeen
  • edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      9:31 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 463 633 168 36  
      left 116 314 21    

jawzindawz 4 72      
      1tsonly1yf 16 174      
      rspca12 19 304      
      rabbit11 51 171      
      nslater112 54 31      
      IrishRose 61 139      
      STEPH08 66 179      
      hhamza162 67 114      
      royo2207 70 96      
      OXBOWLER 77 21      
      Ozzy1000 81 136      
      johnhammer 83 306      
      lpool67 86 156      
      POKEY2011 87 120      
      Kamcio 88 122      
      rancid 92 222      
      REDARROW61 97 13      
      luvBWFC 106 215      
      Direwolf 107 281      
      junior10 109 268      
      EBBERDON 110 300      

• edited January 2015
    Can you please show 

Hand 

862137876 Mini bounty hunter 

862135669 Mini bounty hunter   I feel great after that 
  • edited January 2015

Tombola is a raffle which originates in Southern Italy and which is mostly played in Christmas time. Prizes are often only symbolic. With the Italian massive emigration of the 19th and 20th centuries, the game was exported abroad and it took different forms and names such as Bingo.

In the UK, a tombola is a raffle in which the prizes are already assigned to winning tickets before the start (typically all the winning tickets end with the same digit - or if being strict with a five or a zero). Players pay for a ticket, which they then draw out from a hat, and can instantly see whether or not they have won a prize. Tombolas are popular at events such as coffee mornings, when it is expected that not all the players will be present at the end of the event.

In some other languages such as Bulgarian or Slovak, "Tombola" is a general word meaning raffle.

(you're welcome).

• edited January 2015
    Hi anna + stu rutter i cant believe its not butter ;)

question for stu late stages in a mtt when card dead and have about 12 big blinds what kind of hands should u be going all in with and hwat hands us it ok to call a all in with 

and is a good tactic when ever it folds round to u just shove any 2 any advice would be good thanks :)
  • edited January 2015
    It's definitely a myth that you get nothing for free!

Thanks to Starch Jarvis who picked me out on a live show last week I was lucky enough to win a $11 buy in to Tuesday's main event and came 7th for $189!

I immediately reinvested $55 to buy in to that night's bounty hunter ... and won it!

Not bad for a freeroll!

So ...please get me in Rolly, or Tom Boller or whatever it's name is!

xx
  • edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      9:52 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 463 633 168 36  
      left 69 180 6    

hhamza162 15 144      
      jawzindawz 17 35      
      REDARROW61 24 40      
      lpool67 45 163      
      STEPH08 52 81      
      royo2207 68 102      

• edited January 2015
    Can you give a shout out to all the Ploppers doing battle tonight

Cheers
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live Show CH861 and online with Fowler and Rutter 7pm - midnight ***official show thread***:
    Hi guys. Would just like to let you all know I am now a proud Daddy of Casey Noble, weighed in at 10lb 12!!! Was born on the 12th so a very good job Jukes didn't give me a prize last time round :) My head filled with the joys of becoming a dad for first time so just baby talk from me as I proudly watch sky poker TV with my beautiful daughter while mummy recovers and is on strict bed rest for few hours Xx
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Congratulations on the birth of your child. It's quite common nowadays to name children after where they were conceived (I think the Beckham's started the trend with Brooklyn and Cruz). Anyway my daughter, Mondeo, has just turned 7.

• edited January 2015
    Congrats Nuggy!
  • edited January 2015
      jackpot          
      10:23 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 463 633 168 36  
      left 39 98 2    

hhamza162 14 72      
      REDARROW61 35 14      

• edited January 2015
    I think the sphere should be called Derek. After all, Derek was a lot funnier than Clive.

(Reference that both of you are waaaaaaaaaaaay too young to get)
  • edited January 2015
    Nice one Nuggster!
  • edited January 2015
    no myths from me unfortunately, i just want to get my ball into clive, theres a sentence i dont say very often :/

really enjoyed the show tonight especially the myths part, calling the river after calling the flop is defiantly something im guilty of.
  • edited January 2015
    Stu just talked about shoving and recommended doing it from late position. Wouldn't disagree with that, but doesn't first-in equity mean that when our stack is small we should shove from earlier position?
    How small does our stack need to be for this?

• edited January 2015

Question for Stu.
     When playing 6-max cash, what is your range when in the big blind against a button raise for calling and re-raising. I never know whether to re-raise or call with pocket pairs and hands like AJ.

I would like Clive to be re-named as Cuthbert.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok Stu hand id from the mini last night.  hand id 861864862. Was I right.?I thought his push would not be done on a really good hand so called biut should I? I decided after the event I should not call
  • edited January 2015
    DELIGHTED WITH ERNIE's BROTHER CLIVE PICKING MY NAME OUT!

THANKS GUYS!
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you Mrs Fowler and Mr Rutter
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Anna & Stuart - Just watched myself back on the TV after getting knocked out in 10th of the main. Glad my play didn't get slated!

With regards to myths and the calling because you have a big stack, how much does this change in a Bounty Hunter? So how much of your stack should you be gambling with in the Big Blind to a shove and potentially taking a bounty with marginal hands. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Greg.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live Show CH861 and online with Fowler and Rutter 7pm - midnight ***official show thread***:
    Stu just talked about shoving and recommended doing it from late position. Wouldn't disagree with that, but doesn't first-in equity mean that when our stack is small we should shove from earlier position? How small does our stack need to be for this?
    Posted by BigBluster
    Not in a normal MTT, no.

The earlier our position, the stronger our hand needs to be as it has to get through more players. UTG with 10bb and 78o, is very different to being on the button with 78o and 10bb.

It's late stage satty play where being first into the pot from whatever position is more important, to a degree, than your hand.

Didn't watch it but great show guys ;)