You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it

For some reason when I get knocked out of a tournament, sometimes when I click 'exit' and leave table, the table in question pops back up again, I've had to do this 6 times repeatedly just now before it finally listened. Is there anything I can do to stop this as it's rather irritating? Or is it some kind of bug?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it:
    For some reason when I get knocked out of a tournament, sometimes when I click 'exit' and leave table, the table in question pops back up again, I've had to do this 6 times repeatedly just now before it finally listened. Is there anything I can do to stop this as it's rather irritating? Or is it some kind of bug?
    Posted by davbarna07
    Hi,
    happens to me every day. really poor on SKY's part i think. clearly they do not fully test new software before releasing it to the masses. and you are right, it really is annoying

Woody
  • edited February 2015
    i have an obvious solution, stop getting knocked out ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it:
    i have an obvious solution, stop getting knocked out ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    Have Sky ever accepted this as an issue?

It is beating someone while they're down to keep trying to reload a game you've just busted from... surely can't be that hard to tweak this bit of the programming?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it:
    Posted by davbarna07
    Been suffering with that problem for year you lose and it rubs it in your face by loading the table up again
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it : Have Sky ever accepted this as an issue? It is beating someone while they're down to keep trying to reload a game you've just busted from... surely can't be that hard to tweak this bit of the programming?
    Posted by shakinaces
    They've accepted that it happens, but they don't really think it is an issue.

• edited June 2015
    The solution to this is to exit the tables by standing, rather than clicking 'x' in the top right.

edit - My answer was a little vague, sorry.

In order to stop the table relaunching, you need to first click "stand", and then exit the table. If you do not stand, you remain seated and the table relaunches.
  • edited June 2015
    But you can't do that when you're koed from a Mtt
  • edited June 2015
    The solution to this is to exit the tables by standing, rather than clicking 'x' in the top right. edit - My answer was a little vague, sorry. In order to stop the table relaunching, you need to first click "stand", and then exit the table. If you do not stand, you remain seated and the table relaunches.
    Posted by tugwash
    I'd guess that was the answer - Sky need to change the loop in the code so that when you are KOd it goes through 'unlucky message', 'player stand', 'table close'... rather than missing out the middle step as it currently does.

Of course, it would then be harder to re-open the table so you can use the chatbox to explain to everyone still in the tourni how bad the play was by the person that KOd you in the first place :)
  • edited June 2015
    yup same happens to me
    another flaw in shoddy software
  • edited June 2015
    yup same happens to me another flaw in shoddy software
    Posted by joynt
    You seem to hate so much about sky, why do you bother playing on here?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it : You seem to hate so much about sky, why do you bother playing on here?
    Posted by MattBates
    because there are plenty of bingo fools to take money off, sky sucks big time we all know this , but the players however are easy pickings
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Table keeps reappearing after I've closed it : because there are plenty of bingo fools to take money off, sky sucks big time we all know this , but the players however are easy pickings
    Posted by joynt
    How is this working out for you?
  • edited June 2015
    This is a common occurence in the website/mobile version as the software thinks you've entered two tournaments when you haven't and it keeps popping up as a warning as it only supports one table, usually in the client version though you have to sit out then remove yourself from the table before closing them, otherwise they pop up again, your tournament pop up is odd though as it shouldn't pop back up if your knocked out of the tournament.