You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Daryl Harper and the cricket

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Cheating by SA TV, third umpire incompetence or both?

Comments

• edited January 2010

Not really sure exactly what happened - how unlucky can Engand be though, refer the Smith one, out, lose a referral, Swann traps Boucher/Devilliars cnt remember which en, plumb in front, appeal, dont refer it (wud have been out). Over later, marginal decision given not out, refer it, umpires call, not out, fair enough. Few overs later, Sidebottom, clear inside edge caught Prior, not outl, no referralls. Thats the most frustrating hour I can ever remember watching.

Looking at the game as a whole though, 2 days left, n they r only about 200 in front....so maybe these not outs will be a blessing in disguise, let them bet on, bowl the kwiks, eat up time, let the rain come, and end up with 4 and a half sessions to bat again. And SURELLYYYYY Pieterson, and to a lesser extent Trott and Strauss, are due a performance!

Whoever was responsible for the lack of sound, is to blame, not sure exactly whos responsibility that was....

Greame Smith's a lying b****** tho saying he didnt know if he hit it or not! (cnt blame him like)

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Daryl Harper and the cricket:
    Not really sure exactly what happened - how unlucky can Engand be though, refer the Smith one, out, lose a referral, Swann traps Boucher/Devilliars cnt remember which en, plumb in front, appeal, dont refer it (wud have been out). Over later, marginal decision given not out, refer it, umpires call, not out, fair enough. Few overs later, Sidebottom, clear inside edge caught Prior, not outl, no referralls. Thats the most frustrating hour I can ever remember watching. Looking at the game as a whole though, 2 days left, n they r only about 200 in front....so maybe these not outs will be a blessing in disguise, let them bet on, bowl the kwiks, eat up time, let the rain come, and end up with 4 and a half sessions to bat again. And SURELLYYYYY Pieterson, and to a lesser extent Trott and Strauss, are due a performance! Whoever was responsible for the lack of sound, is to blame, not sure exactly whos responsibility that was.... Greame Smith's a lying b****** tho saying he didnt know if he hit it or not! (cnt blame him like) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    One story on the Smith referral is Harper had the sound turned down on his speaker!!! Then the gloved catch when he overturned Hill's Out decision he didnt even ask for slowmo. He is totally incompetent, probably not biased, but the issue with the Smith one is di he have the volume down or did the SA TV send him a feed with no sound? As everyone can hear it on the TV and on the big screen in the stadium my money is saying he had the sound down. What a ****!
    Of course, with the inside edge that we couldn't refer, if the ICC had given us the referral back as we asked first thing this AM we could have referred and he would (should!!!) have been gone.
  • edited January 2010

Yea its all been abit farcical - This review thing will take some time to iron out properly, the whole thing about being out in one country and not out in another is abit wierd too.

Anyway just flicked over as its half time in the lpool game, and theyre back on the field! I cant believe it!!!! - Badddddd news!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Yea its all been abit farcical - This review thing will take some time to iron out properly, the whole thing about being out in one country and not out in another is abit wierd too. Anyway just flicked over as its half time in the lpool game, and theyre back on the field! I cant believe it!!!! - Badddddd news! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Weather set fair in Joburg till tomorrow PM!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Daryl Harper and the cricket : Weather set fair in Joburg till tomorrow PM!
    Posted by Seagull158
    as the one and only Sir Ian Botham said he is incompitant. Problem is that , a bit like football, the numpties who run the game have never played it at the top level. Obviously the decision to give us a refural back needed to be taken quickly otherwise there will be no point.
    One worrying thought....How much has been bet on a series draw? I say no more, simply ask the question.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Daryl Harper and the cricket:
    Cheating by SA TV, third umpire incompetence or both?
    Posted by Seagull158
    Bob Willis called him a nincompoop in the last match when Harper was umpiring on the field.

So now they've moved him upstairs and he's probably got worse.

I hope there aren't any dodgy bookies involved, but he really is awful.
  • edited January 2010

How Cricket is run in South Africa is a total joke.

If they honestly think all the so called technology they have used in this test match is good then they are having a laugh!. In my opinion when it comes to playing terms and conditions, every test playing country should adapt the same within ICC Guidelines but it seems it will cause problems with the host broadcasters that are covering the test matches on television.

Remember South Africa were the inventors of the 45 over format that came over to the English domestic one- day game and look how long that lasted!

Cricket in South Africa overall in my mind has been fully exposed for all the wrong reasons!!...