You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas?

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Just wondering if Sky has managed to make any progress with Viva Las Vegas satellites? I know Tikay gave quite a long statement about how it's being made virtually impossible for satellites to be run, but he did say they are trying their best to get it sorted.

Not holding my breath, but any chance for this year?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas?:
    Just wondering if Sky has managed to make any progress with Viva Las Vegas satellites? I know Tikay gave quite a long statement about how it's being made virtually impossible for satellites to be run, but he did say they are trying their best to get it sorted. Not holding my breath, but any chance for this year?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles,

I would hope that a decision will be made quite soon.

It is neither "on" nor "off" at present, as far as I know.
  • edited January 2015
    Good to hear. That's more positive than I was expecting. I know it's a great promo enjoyed by many more than just the players that win a seat, so fingers crossed!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas?:
    Good to hear. That's more positive than I was expecting. I know it's a great promo enjoyed by many more than just the players that win a seat, so fingers crossed!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Anything I say may get misconstrued, so I need to be careful, & anyway, I'm not really in the loop with these things these days.

Punta Cana was judged to be a success, so fingers crossed, eh?

• edited January 2015
    We wait in hope, not doubting Tikay's sincerity or efforts on this cause, but not with high expectations. In 2013 we heard how they were working hard for VLV 2014.........

Hi Everyone,

We know there have been a number of you asking whether we are running the Viva Las Vegas promotion this year.

Unfortunately Sky Poker will not be running satellite qualification for the WSOP Main event this year due to a number of logistical problems which we could not overcome. We understand how popular the Viva Las Vegas promotion has been with players over the last few years and we have done all that we could to make this happen, hence the rather late announcement. 

However, we are currently working on an alternative WSOP related promotion which will allow you to have some incentive to follow the WSOP events, this will be communicated as soon as we have confirmation. 

We apologise for the disappointment, we are working hard to ensure that these barriers can be overcome to allow the ‘Viva las Vegas’ promotion to resume next year.

The Sky Poker Team