You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped set at 50nl...WWYD?

Villian is a very decent multi-table reg.  Knows what he's doing, capable of making moves with air etc anything you would expect of a winning player at these stakes really.

How would you play this on the flop here?  Also given your flop line, what would then be your action turn.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BENDOG40 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £94.86
scotty77 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £80.30
  Your hole cards

jamfan1 Call   £0.50 £1.25 £42.74
Boonicon Fold        
pocketfold Fold        
5toneFace Raise   £2.50 £3.75 £68.43
BENDOG40 Fold        
scotty77 Call   £2.00 £5.75 £78.30
jamfan1 Call   £2.00 £7.75 £40.74
Flop

scotty77 Bet   £4.00 £11.75 £74.30
jamfan1 Fold        
5toneFace Raise   £12.00 £23.75 £56.43
 ???????          

Comments

• edited January 2010
    interesting spot, i think 5tone is going to raise any 2 here to ur donk bet. bearing this in mind i dont want to force him out the hand by 4 bettingthis flop, 4 betting this flop wud allow him to laydown 88/JJ easily... and these rep a large part of his range. also 4 betting here wud fold out his bluffing range, in fact any hand that wud call a 4 bethere (QQ+) will stack off on the turn anyway so i feel like the best move on flop is to just call. This also keeps ur percieved range wider, u can stil have 56 and many 1pair hands etc

so the turn, i am probly going to lead as i dont want to give him the option to check behind with any 2 or pot control. checking to him is unlikely to induce a bluff (just cos i think he peels 2 overs given the strength u have shown) so i wud probly lead for £18 into £30 leaving you around 45 back and him about 35. If the turn bricks im hoping and expecting he shoves all overpairs. I dont see him smooth calling a turn bet here, the hands he does call a river shove anyway.

wat did u do?
  • edited January 2010

Id flat, and check to him on the next street, from leading out, to call the raise then check the turn looks really week, he should pick up on this and fire again,  then you strike and either take down a big pot, or if he does have the hand, a huge pot. No draws out - so theres no scare cards to slow him down, apart from maybe an ace or a king, but these are likely to hit him as well as scare him. If hes flopped an underset - u stack him anyway.

Pretty solid this guy, every chance he's a big overpair, but wudnt wanna waste this spot by going too hard too soon, may well work, but want to keep 88,99,TT AK AQ AJ interested here - at least give him another chance to fire.

Like the lead out on the flop though.

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    Loving the lead out on the flop with the nuts.

I think I'm flatting the bet here and trying to build the pot up on the turn.  He is probably raising you with any two here and is unlikely to go to war with the hand at this stage.

I'm leading out on the turn however, if he's worried by your call on the turn he may be in check/call mode all the way through and you want to get as much value as possible.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set at 50nl...WWYD?:
    Id flat, and check to him on the next street, from leading out, to call the raise then check the turn looks really week, he should pick up on this and fire again,  then you strike and either take down a big pot, or if he does have the hand, a huge pot. No draws out - so theres no scare cards to slow him down, apart from maybe an ace or a king, but these are likely to hit him as well as scare him. If hes flopped an underset - u stack him anyway. Pretty solid this guy, every chance he's a big overpair, but wudnt wanna waste this spot by going too hard too soon, may well work, but want to keep 88,99,TT AK AQ AJ interested here - at least give him another chance to fire. Like the lead out on the flop though. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Yes stoneface is a solid player, I know him personally, we play live at the ame poker club. He is not shy of a bluff or 2, flat calling and then checking shows your weak, he will bet out on the turn if he has a hand or not as your basicly asking him to take the pot. The nthe re-shove all in when he has commited himself.
  • edited January 2010
    Shove, hes a donk and not folding an overpair to an ob shove
  • edited January 2010
    I went for this play due to history and knowning that 5tone has air here tonnes of the time.  Was looking to CRAI turn as I think he both bluffs with air plus goes for value with TT+.

River I just VB hoping he had a K in his air range.

Hand History #224314952 (01:40 16/01/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BENDOG40 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £94.86
    scotty77 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £80.30
      Your hole cards

jamfan1 Call   £0.50 £1.25 £42.74
    Boonicon Fold        
    pocketfold Fold        
    5toneFace Raise   £2.50 £3.75 £68.43
    BENDOG40 Fold        
    scotty77 Call   £2.00 £5.75 £78.30
    jamfan1 Call   £2.00 £7.75 £40.74
    Flop

scotty77 Bet   £4.00 £11.75 £74.30
    jamfan1 Fold        
    5toneFace Raise   £12.00 £23.75 £56.43
    scotty77 Call   £8.00 £31.75 £66.30
    Turn

scotty77 Check        
    5toneFace Check        
    River

• K

scotty77 Bet   £24.00 £55.75 £42.30
    5toneFace Call   £24.00 £79.75 £32.43
    scotty77 Show

5toneFace Muck
    • K

scotty77 Win Three 7s £77.95   £120.25
  • edited January 2010
    I think his perception of you is important.

vs random i flat and call down.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped set at 50nl...WWYD?:
    Shove, hes a donk and not folding an overpair to an ob shove
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Bad read imo.
  • edited January 2010
    hahaha, I think u played it very well. I was suspicious on the river, but as coxy said im a donk so I'll pay u off ;-)