You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Crazy bad runs

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
I have played on Sky for 3+ years and enjoyed my experience. I have made moderate money which paid for a trip to Vegas which is great. I play £10 DYM most days averaging about 6 tables a day. I have good runs and bad runs like any poker player and I can easily turn bad runs into even worse runs by tilting. I have worked hard to stop that and I have become pretty good at avoiding it now. However over the last week or so I have been on a crazy bad run which has resulted in my bankroll halving. I have not done anything differently. I have played my good hands and folded my bad ones if my stack allowed. I have had the normal amount of good hands but I know that as soon as I see AK AA KK AQ etc I know that I will be out of the table against any hand that calls me. We have all seen bad beats a million times and I get that but this has been something different. I can predict that when I have kk aagainst A7 and A will hit. AA will lose to 98 off which will hit a straight I can see it happening. On the tables regular players are all saying this is what happens if you cash out a large sum. Is that right? I have only cashed out once over a year ago, but they all say the same. Can this be what we sign up for  - penalty bad runs for cashing out. Other players say that the software needs to encourage new or novice players by wins with rubbish hands so that they stay on the site and keep coming back - why? Can't they just find their own level like we all had to and work up the levels we got better?

This has shaken my faith. I am now looking at other sites not because I want to but I may as well get the easy runs from the software as a novice member and the sign on bonus. Sky, if you are reading this you need to rethink you policy. You have just lost a loyal member who has paid you approx. £2k in rake - is that what you want?

Does this experience ring any bells with anyone else. I would love to hear your thoughts. I know what some of you ate thinking - this is just another rant from some loser on a bad run and I would probably have said the same a little while ago. The money does not matter to me, it does not change my life but I want a level playing field. Comments please.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Have you got one of these, I'm sure you'd find it useful.

LINK
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Crazy bad runs:
    I have played on Sky for 3+ years and enjoyed my experience. I have made moderate money which paid for a trip to Vegas which is great. I play £10 DYM most days averaging about 6 tables a day. I have good runs and bad runs like any poker player and I can easily turn bad runs into even worse runs by tilting. I have worked hard to stop that and I have become pretty good at avoiding it now. However over the last week or so I have been on a crazy bad run which has resulted in my bankroll halving. I have not done anything differently. I have played my good hands and folded my bad ones if my stack allowed. I have had the normal amount of good hands but I know that as soon as I see AK AA KK AQ etc I know that I will be out of the table against any hand that calls me. We have all seen bad beats a million times and I get that but this has been something different. I can predict that when I have kk aagainst A7 and A will hit. AA will lose to 98 off which will hit a straight I can see it happening. On the tables regular players are all saying this is what happens if you cash out a large sum. Is that right? I have only cashed out once over a year ago, but they all say the same. Can this be what we sign up for  - penalty bad runs for cashing out. Other players say that the software needs to encourage new or novice players by wins with rubbish hands so that they stay on the site and keep coming back - why? Can't they just find their own level like we all had to and work up the levels we got better? This has shaken my faith. I am now looking at other sites not because I want to but I may as well get the easy runs from the software as a novice member and the sign on bonus. Sky, if you are reading this you need to rethink you policy. You have just lost a loyal member who has paid you approx. £2k in rake - is that what you want? Does this experience ring any bells with anyone else. I would love to hear your thoughts. I know what some of you ate thinking - this is just another rant from some loser on a bad run and I would probably have said the same a little while ago. The money does not matter to me, it does not change my life but I want a level playing field. Comments please.
    Posted by Buttonoli

yes.

• edited January 2015

Hi JimmyRiddle.

• edited January 2015
    Cashout theory is definitely correct. You do and you are cursed with constant bad beats.

However there IS a way to guarantee winning hands forever......

Just keep depositing day after day, week after week. This confuses the software into doing the complete opposite to what it was designed for and it will dish you up lovely winning combinations across DYMs, MTTs and cash games.

Keep this information to yourself please mate, we don't want EVERYBODY winning do we??
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    I play with loads i deposit every week and loss every week!!
  • edited January 2015
    Im struggling with these posts.....
    surely sky get the rake whoever wins ?
    why would a muti million pound company risk fraud charges over a 10 pound DYM?
    And why the hell can  I not be as witty as the normall replys to these posts!