You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU sng auto rematch

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Oh.... and of course live chat isn't working!

Can I please request that someone from Sky contact me to discuss this ASAP

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Playing a HU sng against IH8PALACE, who let's be honest is one of the best players on the site.

I won one, he won the next, as I was typing in the chat box to say GG, and goodnight the table auto focuses and decides what I actually wanted to do was re-match!

This is just 100% absolutely wrong, and is soooooo easy to solve.... rematch should NOT be the default it should be elective!

I 100% did not knowingly agree the re-match, I made it very clear in chat that this was the case and I did not play a single hand, I just sat and watched IH8PALACE take all of my money uncontested whilst he was chatting to me in the chat box knowing full well what the situation was.

It's absolutely sickening that this can happen!  The software should be changed and I have had this conversation with Sky staff numerous times to no avail. 
  • edited January 2015
    Hello like i said in the chat box, Try not to worry about this, as im sure, if as you said ' you didnt press rematch...' then sky will and rightly so refund you your money.

I also said in chat box, how if they didnt id send you back the money.

Please dont associate me with the word steal.

My buy in was also 'on the line ' so had i just sat out too, blinds would have gone up, leaving possibly me out of pocket. By me blinding you out, i get my money back(Yes and yours) You would then get yours back tomorrow after speaking to sky.

Again please dont associate me with the word steal, think your being pretty harsh even bringing me into this. 

Gl let me know the outcome

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Classy....:
    Oh.... and of course live chat isn't working! Can I please request that someone from Sky contact me to discuss this ASAP
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hi Simon,

If you feel aggrieved you will need to speak to Customer Care about this matter.

As to your opponent, I'm not sure, under the described circumstances, what else he could have done once the game started. He has not acted improperly, that I can see. 

Sorry you had a bad experience.  

• edited January 2015
    In Response to HU sng auto rematch:
    Playing a HU sng against IH8PALACE, who let's be honest is one of the best players on the site. I won one, he won the next, as I was typing in the chat box to say GG, and goodnight the table auto focuses and decides what I actually wanted to do was re-match! This is just 100% absolutely wrong, and is soooooo easy to solve.... rematch should NOT be the default it should be elective! I 100% did not knowingly agree the re-match, I made it very clear in chat that this was the case and I did not play a single hand, I just sat and watched IH8PALACE take all of my money uncontested whilst he was chatting to me in the chat box knowing full well what the situation was. It's absolutely sickening that this can happen!  The software should be changed and I have had this conversation with Sky staff numerous times to no avail.  It's also pretty sickening that a player who I assume would describe himself as a professional would so blatantly steal money and at the same time talk to me in the chat box.
    Posted by Slykllist
    If you had loaded the table ok and were talking in chat, aware that the match was happening why didn't you just play? :/

It's a grey area 'stealing' chips off disconnected players but you made it clear to your opponent that you were there and able to fully participate in the game.  

I dunno what your chances of a refund are but your equity in the sng itself must've been worth more.

--------

fwiw I've never had a rematch load without confirming I wanted one. Must be a recent glitch? 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to HU sng auto rematch:
    Playing a HU sng against IH8PALACE, who let's be honest is one of the best players on the site. I won one, he won the next, as I was typing in the chat box to say GG, and goodnight the table auto focuses and decides what I actually wanted to do was re-match! This is just 100% absolutely wrong, and is soooooo easy to solve.... rematch should NOT be the default it should be elective! I 100% did not knowingly agree the re-match, I made it very clear in chat that this was the case and I did not play a single hand, I just sat and watched IH8PALACE take all of my money uncontested whilst he was chatting to me in the chat box knowing full well what the situation was. It's absolutely sickening that this can happen!  The software should be changed and I have had this conversation with Sky staff numerous times to no avail.  It's also pretty sickening that a player who I assume would describe himself as a professional would so blatantly steal money and at the same time talk to me in the chat box.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Really don't like the wording here! What was he meant to do? Cant see how he has done anything wrong whatsoever so to accuse him of stealing seems very out of line.
  • edited January 2015
    Here here mat

I was playing a DYM,the other night with four players left I'm the monster stack and I got attacked by the two remaining players for not letting the guy who got disconnected to blind out I kept letting my time almost run out before betting in hope tge guy would re- connect 

Was I wrong for doing this???-
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: HU sng auto rematch:
    Here here mat I was playing a DYM,the other night with four players left I'm the monster stack and I got attacked by the two remaining players for not letting the guy who got disconnected to blind out I kept letting my time almost run out before betting in hope tge guy would re- connect  Was I wrong for doing this???-
    Posted by bluffulot6
    This is a different argument though. The etiquette of what to do when someone is sat out has been discussed and people will have differing views on this but we cant purposely (we are talking in chat so our opponent knows its on purpose) sit out and moan when our opponent takes the blinds when we have left them with no other option.

• edited January 2015
    Here here mat I was playing a DYM,the other night with four players left I'm the monster stack and I got attacked by the two remaining players for not letting the guy who got disconnected to blind out I kept letting my time almost run out before betting in hope tge guy would re- connect  Was I wrong for doing this???-
    Posted by bluffulot6
    yes. it is not your fault  he got disconnected get on with your game

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: HU sng auto rematch : yes. it is not your fault  he got disconnected get on with your game
    Posted by powell1058
    And I thought sky was a nice place with a good friendly people who are here to help each other 

Is it just me that thinks this way???
  • edited January 2015

i think simon will apologise.

inadvertly, he was sat in.  wrongly, he extended his unhappiness to his blameless opponent.  he also had another option which was to play.  he made judgement errors late last night.

• edited January 2015
    You sobered up yet Simondo? Guess watching bowls late on like me took yr eye off the game ;) 

Agree it's not fair, yet think you prob owe palace an apol.

I'd have stole yr blinds if you were there and chatting, diff matter if it's obvious you have lost con. Been there many times when someone at the table loses connection.... even been pretty blunt and asked the whole table to tank the bar to see if the victim gets back on. 

Thin brag you beat him in a HU..... wpwp :)

• edited January 2015
    Hi guys, I completely agree the wording was very unfair to IH8PALACE here.

I was annoyed at the time and with the benefit of hindsight there is nothing else that he could have done in that situation.  In fairness my issue shouldn't have been with him, it is with the way the software automatically selects re-match in these situations.

So.... I apologise to IH8PALACE and will remove the last sentence from my original post as it is completely unfair.

Will get on to Customer Care today and see if they will re-fund, although I very much doubt it.
  • edited January 2015
    The reason I didn't play a hand is that as soon as I do, I have no argument when talking to Customer Care.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: HU sng auto rematch : And I thought sky was a nice place with a good friendly people who are here to help each other  Is it just me that thinks this way???
    Posted by bluffulot6
    There is no right or wrong answer here it's down to personal choice and values.

I tend to do the same as you bluff - especially as many of the disconnects are short term issues - so I would generally wait a couple of orbits at least. 

Some people though - anything for an edge.

• edited January 2015
    Why are you sitting IH8PALACE in the first place?

Hic!
  • edited January 2015
    Fair play to Sky, they re-funded it with very little argument.