You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sunday Tournament!

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone,

We have introduced a new tournament to the Sunday schedule, with the first one starting this Sunday. It is a £33 Bounty Hunter, with a £3000 guarantee. It will start at 7.30pm and will be a nice interim buy-in between the Mini Roller and the Super Roller.

Any feedback you guys have, you know we like to hear it!

Enjoy & good luck!
Kirsty

Comments

• edited January 2015

feedback?

simple really... i think you've got it the wrong way round. 

the main event should be, like all others, a £33 (or thereabouts) tournament at 8pm.  this is where the new mtt should be scheduled.  the existing £110 roller and £220 super-roller, with its 2 hour late registration remember, could be scheduled at the special 7:30pm sunday evening slot instead.

• edited January 2015
    I like the addition and you've definitely picked the best day for it. Not sure I agree with you on this one Rob. I feel as Sundays are MTT day in the poker world then the main should be larger than any other day.

• edited January 2015
    Great addition imo, I'm sure this will really take off and smash the guarantee.

Kirsty, I PM'd you on here a few days ago btw although wasn't sure if you were the right person to deal with the question
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sunday Tournament!:
    Great addition imo, I'm sure this will really take off and smash the guarantee. Kirsty, I PM'd you on here a few days ago btw although wasn't sure if you were the right person to deal with the question
    Posted by Lambert180

Hi Paul,

I have replied, apologies for the delay - I didn't realise people could personal message you! Still learning! :)

Kirsty
  • edited January 2015
    Only 33 runners to meet the GTD?

I'll sit for an hour with Tikay discussing trains and bridges if it doesn't smash it.
  • edited January 2015
    As flashflush said the main event on a Sunday should definitely be the biggest tournament entry fee of the week. That being said, it might attract more runners if it was £55 (like the Primo) - but yet same structure as the Super Roller. 

Personally I think a good schedule would be to have the main as a £55 Super Roller and then once every month have a £110 Mega Roller - (think it was like this when they had the Primo on?)

And maybe every 3 months have a super mega roller at £220. Think this would add more prestigue to the tournaments and attract more runners week on week IMO.
  • edited January 2015
    As flashflush said the main event on a Sunday should definitely be the biggest tournament entry fee of the week. That being said, it might attract more runners if it was £55 (like the Primo) - but yet same structure as the Super Roller.  Personally I think a good schedule would be to have the main as a £55 Super Roller and then once every month have a £110 Mega Roller - (think it was like this when they had the Primo on?) And maybe every 3 months have a super mega roller at £220. Think this would add more prestigue to the tournaments and attract more runners week on week IMO.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I like this ^

And just have sats running frequently everyday for them. 1/5 jobbys with a minimum 5 runners if scared of overlay.
  • edited January 2015
    Only 33 runners to meet the GTD? I'll sit for an hour with Tikay discussing trains and bridges if it doesn't smash it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Maffs is hard!
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sunday Tournament! : Maffs is hard!
    Posted by MattBates
    fml

Clearly meant 99 :(
  • edited January 2015
    As flashflush said the main event on a Sunday should definitely be the biggest tournament entry fee of the week. That being said, it might attract more runners if it was £55 (like the Primo) - but yet same structure as the Super Roller.  Personally I think a good schedule would be to have the main as a £55 Super Roller and then once every month have a £110 Mega Roller - (think it was like this when they had the Primo on?) And maybe every 3 months have a super mega roller at £220. Think this would add more prestigue to the tournaments and attract more runners week on week IMO.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    +++++11111
  • edited January 2015
    The £55 Sunday Main Event (Primo) was a fail. It got killed-off late 2013 after going into vicious circle of falling numbers and falling guarantees. It failed again (£55 Primo) when it was tried as the Saturday Main Event a year ago.

For some reason the £110 and £33 buy-in levels both generate bigger prize pools than £55.
  • edited January 2015
    3k gtd not taking any chances it will smash the gtd prob make 10k  agree with rob should be on at 8pm not 7.30pm 

it will make the gtd hust buy people qualifying via sats thats if your doing sats for this that us 
  • edited January 2015

£110 Roller at 7:30pm (2 hour late registration)
    £33 Mid-BH at 8pm (90 min late reg)
    £11 Mini Roller at 8:30pm (60 min late reg)

essentially, all late registration periods end at the same time.  this will greatly magnify the cross-sales and up-sales with a sunday jackpot...

cash in three tournaments.... £100
    final table three .... £5,000
    win all three .... £100,000

skybet should be able to underwrite the prizes for £300-£500.

in any case, skypoker will gain £500+ in added registration funds

• edited January 2015
    The £55 Sunday Main Event (Primo) was a fail. It got killed-off late 2013 after going into vicious circle of falling numbers and falling guarantees. It failed again (£55 Primo) when it was tried as the Saturday Main Event a year ago. For some reason the £110 and £33 buy-in levels both generate bigger prize pools than £55.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Can we really blame that on the buyin level? IMO it was a lack of satellites + the 3000 starting chips. I think people like the 10k chip start for the Super Roller. If it was £55 and plenty of satellites I'm sure it would attract the runners.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: New Sunday Tournament! : Can we really blame that on the buyin level? IMO it was a lack of satellites + the 3000 starting chips. I think people like the 10k chip start for the Super Roller. If it was £55 and plenty of satellites I'm sure it would attract the runners.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yes, we can. When the buy-in was changed from £33 to £55 it immediately went into a decline from which it never recovered. The structure was unchanged.
  • edited January 2015
    Like idea but is very samey! Why not make this a re entry BH? If want it to be a new sunday MTT then make it different? Not a rebuy head hunter just a one shot re entry. This could be advertised as new. I think (seperate debate) the BH mains are too short starting stacks. With Sunday being the poker day of the week where people do not mind them running later, why not make it a deeper starting stack? 4k? So many times players will bust out early and then what? Wait till after 9 for the £55 or call it a night?

Question

Will the majn Sat semi for the Sunday one start at 17:30 or run along side the successful 18:00

• edited January 2015
    I think they could also do a Mega version on the last sunday of every month like the roller and make it £110 BI - I think that would go great and having plenty of sats would make this very popular indeed. Even better, in the week leading up to it if the 7pm and 7.15pm FR's included 3 seats that could generate a huge buzz (and indeed boost to a lot of lower level players BR. Just one head could be huge to some players).
  • edited January 2015
    I think the £33bh was a good addition and fine with roller being at 8 and £33bh at 7.30. I think its good to vary the main events assuming we can still get good runners. Last thing we want is £33bh as every main event!

I know we have only had it for one week but any chance of moving the guarantee up for the £33bh?
  • edited January 2015
    I think the £33bh was a good addition and fine with roller being at 8 and £33bh at 7.30. I think its good to vary the main events assuming we can still get good runners. Last thing we want is £33bh as every main event! I know we have only had it for one week but any chance of moving the guarantee up for the £33bh?
    Posted by MattBates
    Perhaps to a guarantee that only needs 33 runners?
  • edited January 2015
    sunday is a day about deep stack poker, we've got a standardised BH main event already running 4 days a week, sunday could be the day when a BH main event has a structure like the super roller and as for the super roller why not start that at 7:30.

an alternative idea is idea could be treat the mini roller as a deep stack. We have got a simular thing happening on Tuesday as that mini is a turbo BH, but the main event is just a stardard turbo.

7:30 super roller
    8:00 BH deep stack main event
    8:30 Bh  mini

or
    7:30 BH
    8:00 super roller main event
    8:30 BH deep stack mini.

• edited January 2015
    sunday is a day about deep stack poker, we've got a standardised BH main event already running 4 days a week, sunday could be the day when a BH main event has a structure like the super roller and as for the super roller why not start that at 7:30. an alternative idea is idea could be treat the mini roller as a deep stack. We have got a simular thing happening on Tuesday as that mini is a turbo BH, but the main event is just a stardard turbo. 7:30 super roller 8:00 BH deep stack main event 8:30 Bh  mini or 7:30 BH 8:00 super roller main event 8:30 BH deep stack mini.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I don't see any reason to change the mini, it has a good structure atm and its nice to have a non bounty hunter. If the structure is changed to make it last longer it will put off lots of people. Being up late to go deep in the roller is fine given the money involved but I cant see that people would want to do the same in the mini.
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah I wouldn't tamper with the mini, it's one of the best tournaments on the schedule and offers a top prize of around £800 for a modest buy in.

Smashes it's GTD every week, would be crazy to alter it.
  • edited January 2015
    I liked the tournament personally and apart from a bigger guarantee, i wouldnt change it, would be great to have it run every night as a "side event" as im sure a lot of people only play the main and mini because they are.. "the main and mini" if you called this one the side event more people would probably want to play it... obviously days where we have a £33 main then maybe it could be converted into a freezeout with the same structure? maybe redyuced to a £22 buy in if its less popular..

that would really appeal to me but i guess every person feel differently
  • edited January 2015
    I think there is a place for a mid stakes Deep stack , the Mega stack is always well supported 
    And the micro deep stacks are too,maybe a one off mid stake deepy might
    encourage these players to play a bigger one on a Sunday ?  I think I know why sky don't put a mid stake
    Deepy on but just one a week might be an idea? 

• edited January 2015
    I noticed the new tournament and was pleased - personally like the £33 buy-in price. I'm only really playing the roller if I satellite in so nice to have a decent prize money alternative.
  • edited January 2015
    I noticed the new tournament and was pleased - personally like the £33 buy-in price. I'm only really playing the roller if I satellite in so nice to have a decent prize money alternative.
  • edited January 2015
    I think there is a place for a mid stakes Deep stack , the Mega stack is always well supported  And the micro deep stacks are too,maybe a one off mid stake deepy might encourage these players to play a bigger one on a Sunday ?  I think I know why sky don't put a mid stake Deepy on but just one a week might be an idea? 
    Posted by andipandy
    Been there done that and while LOTS of people on the forum say they will play it the numbers don't back it up.